PDA

View Full Version : Armour through the ages set Question

Phantomworks
11-11-2009, 14:09
Hello

I am interested in getting the Armour through the Ages set, but am also looking for MK 6 Corvus Pattern Armour which is not included. Anyone know of a seperate miniature with wearing MK6, or is this available in a box set? Also looking for MK8 Errant Pattern as well to complete the set. Where would I find that as well?

Thanks,
G

Kroot Lord
11-11-2009, 14:23
The Sternguard box set has a model or two in Mk6 Corvus armor. Mk8 armor, I believe, can only be found in the Assault on Black Reach set, but I'm not exactly sure of that one.

Tonberry
11-11-2009, 14:28
The tactical squad box comes with MK.VI heads and pads.

AndrewGPaul
11-11-2009, 15:12
I'm not sure if there are any models available now in 'complete' mark 8 armour. The Tactical Squad sergeant has the raised collar, but not the armoured chest cables or the altered ankle armour.

Narf
11-11-2009, 15:31
sternguard box is probably your best bet as there is both a full mk6 armoured marine in there and also the sergeant is wearing a mk8 neck piece.

other than that ebay, ive picked up about 7 mk8 marines from ther in the last year quite cheap, and in the process of turning them into character models atm for my crimson fists

pookie
11-11-2009, 15:38
The tactical squad box comes with MK.VI heads and pads.

and Legs but no chest plate, the closest chest plate is on the SW Accessory srpue ( the old one ) but does require some modiication as it has a wolf talisman/necklace on it )

Whitehorn
11-11-2009, 15:48
Ebayed 'errant armour' - found this, but overpriced:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WARHAMMER-40K-ROGUE-TRADER-ERRANT-ARMOUR-SPACE-MARINE_W0QQitemZ380175597637QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ Toys_Wargames_RL?hash=item58843b4045

Son of the Lion
11-11-2009, 16:09
Hugely so. Awesome model though - I used to have a few of those.

Lungboy
11-11-2009, 16:12
Grey Knights are in MK8 aren't they?

Son of the Lion
11-11-2009, 16:31
Not really. The gorget is similar and the cooling system on the abdominal plate is the same, but the helmet, gauntlets and shinguards are all different.

IJW
11-11-2009, 21:27
It's over-priced for the condition it's in, but still relatively cheap for 'transition period' armour variants - they often go for a tenner a piece.

grissom2006
11-11-2009, 21:43
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WARHAMMER-40K-ROGUE-TRADER-ERRANT-ARMOUR-SPACE-MARINE_W0QQitemZ380175597637QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ Toys_Wargames_RL?hash=item58843b4045

Heavily over priced i have a few of that model plus the armless version of it.

LonelyPath
11-11-2009, 21:52

Same here, I went mad with the armless ones to build up and entire army using Mk8 errant army, but only managed to get about 14 or 15 minis done. Still nice to have them in my collection though and I'm currently stripping them for use as future HQ models.

Back on topic...

As for Corvus armour the easiest option now is the Tactical Box. The raised collar torso on the box is also dubbed as the Errant armour torso, though it's very different to the errant armour models of the past.

fluffstalker
11-11-2009, 23:31
Id just convert the armour you want to be honest. Its a bitt dificult esp for me Im new to Green Stuff so first attempts were a little clumsy (ok very clumsy), but my pre heresy army is coming along now and its so much cheaper than buying sets for armour, off ebay or gw, because both will gouge you big time.

rabblerouser
12-11-2009, 02:41

You would be surprised what people are willing to pay for some oddball models that you don't think are that special.. I have spent way too much money for long OOP stuff myself just because I wanted a certain look.

CordovaLemonSlayer
18-11-2009, 00:50
the armour through the ages set is cool... but for me it doesnt feel original because you dont have the original pads, arms, guns, and back pack. I bought all the original space marines mark I - VIII over the years... complete with original backpacks.

The Group Shot

Mark I - III

Mark IV - VI

Mark VII and VIII (Mark 7 is from Battle for Macragge)

AndrewGPaul
18-11-2009, 01:00
Are those metal packs on the mark 2 and 3 Marines? I thought they only ever camwe with the same plastic pack you got with all the other RT-era Marines - same style as the RTB01 plastics.

Leftenant Gashrog
18-11-2009, 02:51
and Legs but no chest plate, the closest chest plate is on the SW Accessory srpue ( the old one ) but does require some modiication as it has a wolf talisman/necklace on it )

The torso off the old Space Wolf sprue is the closest to a true Mk6, however despite the adornment the tactical sprue torso with the aquila on the chest plate is actually an up-armoured Mk6.

pookie
18-11-2009, 11:34
The torso off the old Space Wolf sprue is the closest to a true Mk6, however despite the adornment the tactical sprue torso with the aquila on the chest plate is actually an up-armoured Mk6.

thats true, but it still isnt a 'true' MKVI because its up armoured, kind of a MKVIb version.

IJW
18-11-2009, 11:50
Are those metal packs on the mark 2 and 3 Marines? I thought they only ever camwe with the same plastic pack you got with all the other RT-era Marines - same style as the RTB01 plastics.
You're right, they never came with metal backpacks - it was mainly the RT01 and RT101 metal beaky models that came with those backpacks.

Whitehorn
18-11-2009, 12:07
It's over-priced for the condition it's in, but still relatively cheap for 'transition period' armour variants - they often go for a tenner a piece.

Which is a terrible shame for those of us who were around for the originals and don't own many/any. :)

But fear not, they can be made for far less (http://www.mywargame.com/tag/mark-i-power-armour/)!