PDA

View Full Version : the best "player" you played with

Azmodan666
12-11-2009, 16:15
Well my last thread gone a little offtopic, so im making a new one.

What whas the best rules abuser or some easter egg player you faced.

As i wroted before I played a necron player who used only one arm or wepon his for his "model". so nobody could draw LOS to him. becouse never in the rules it is mentioned that you have to do so.
Wonder does he have monolith model now and how is he looking :D

Anyway what is your expierience?

Whitehorn
12-11-2009, 16:26
'Counter assault lets all my units charge you if you charge one of mine'

grissom2006
12-11-2009, 17:15
Andy Chambers

Havock
12-11-2009, 17:17
Well my last thread gone a little offtopic, so im making a new one.

What whas the best rules abuser or some easter egg player you faced.

As i wroted before I played a necron player who used only one arm or wepon his for his "model". so nobody could draw LOS to him. becouse never in the rules it is mentioned that you have to do so.
Wonder does he have monolith model now and how is he looking :D

Anyway what is your expierience?

That's not a good 'easter egg finder', that's just a git worthy of a beatdown.

captian Maklai
12-11-2009, 17:38
.......Define easter egg:chrome:

LKHERO
12-11-2009, 17:51
.......Define easter egg:chrome:

Easter Egg:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_egg_(media)

Latro_
12-11-2009, 18:05
My mate is making a tau army from the old old squad models, hehe he's using the stunty exo suits (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/8/85/Squat_Exo-armor_squad_by_Fleshtuxedo.jpg) as battle suits! although he's doing it to best represent a squat army in 40k... hes taking it to the uk doubles touney hehe i have a funny feeling hes gonna get funny looks.

gwarsh41
12-11-2009, 19:12
my ex knew squat about 5th edition rules. I read the rulebook 3 times when i started. I knew just about everything. She would refuse to listen so the rules would benifit her.
Whenever I play the guy in my group that everyone complains is really picky about the rules and measurements we have a great game. Probably because I am one of the few of us who plays for fun.

Bolter Bait
12-11-2009, 19:38
Probably a Black Templar player who "learned" the rules by looking at the pictures within the book, not actually by reading them. "Is that the Emperor's Champion and a single Chaplain riding around by themselves inside a Landraider? Why yes, yes it is."

I've also seen, but not had the misfortune to play against, an old ork looted wagon that was 6 inches long but 2 feet wide, blocking LOS to the entire army. The ork "Tower o' Guns" is another gem with the battlewagon having all it's weapons mounted on a skinny tower high above the vehicle for unlimited vision.

big squig
12-11-2009, 20:41
We have a blind guy frequently attend our tournies. He's no rule abuser though, he's actually really fun to play against and nice. (not saying blind guys abuse rules, it's just the thread topic)

Serpent
12-11-2009, 21:41
Not a rules abuser or an easter egg player at all, but I've played against the Swedish champion, and things just...worked. His moves were good, I had to play really well to get points from him, and I had to roll very good to make my moves work.

Lost in the end, but I had him on the ropes. Great game.

bocaj
12-11-2009, 21:52
We have a blind guy frequently attend our tournies. He's no rule abuser though, he's actually really fun to play against and nice.

wow that must be hard to do, play without being able to see u'd be unable to do most thins but i wonder wots its like.

edit: oops goin abit off topic soz

Dexter099
12-11-2009, 21:54
Andy Chambers

When did you play him?

grissom2006
12-11-2009, 22:41
When did you play him?

When i used to work for GW many many years ago.

march10k
13-11-2009, 03:36
I knew a git who put his godhammers on top of his land raider (I think he got the idea off the forums) for LOS cheese. Wanted to park it behind 4+ cover and shoot over the top. Funny that he couldn't find a willing opponent until he remodeled the tank...

mattschuur
13-11-2009, 05:49
I played a guy in a tournament who tried to rules lawyer every turn and then flat out cheat the last turn.

First Turn, tried to waagghh and moved his Big Mek around so many times I lost track of how far he might have moved. Tried to use weirdboy deepstrike power without rolling LD test.

Turn 2, claimed Snikrot had 7 S 7 attacks that were power weapons. Wierdboy doesn't want to roll again.

Turn 3, Big Mek, by my estimate moved at least 8 inches after 5 minutes of frantic readjustments.

Turn 4, Claimed his 12 Burnaboyz in a Battlewaon could fire out of it even if it moved 12".

Turn 5, argued for cover save on Battlewagon because of 1 tree.

Turn 6, was at least 18 inches away form combat and somehow managed to assault me that turn.

very infuriating game. But only the Burna boyz thing got me upset as they would have inflicted nearly 40 wounds on my Honour Guard

Matt Schuur

Logarithm Udgaur
13-11-2009, 10:18
The ork "Tower o' Guns" is another gem with the battlewagon having all it's weapons mounted on a skinny tower high above the vehicle for unlimited vision.
I played against something like this in the last tourney I went to. I did not bother me as much as the player measuring from the front of his models, and then moving them so that the back was x" along. In this manner he gained the extra inch or so he needed to hit my lines a turn early. I called him on it a couple times, but he kept doing it so I eventually dropped it. Still managed a draw regardless, which really pi$$ed the bloke off.

warchild9
13-11-2009, 11:22
last tournie I was in I played against two ork players that had that sucked the fun out of 40k with their constant rules lawyering and stupid "you can't do that" attitude after they did the exact same thing I was trying to do. After three months I think I am ready to play again but I just had to get away from 40k for a while because of them.

On the other side of the coin I played a guy named Jose with a Space Shark Marine that was visiting here from Seattle before the tournie and he totally crushed me but I had a lot fun playing a tournie veteran like him and not dillweeds

Spider-pope
13-11-2009, 12:15
last tournie I was in I played against two ork players that had that sucked the fun out of 40k with their constant rules lawyering and stupid "you can't do that" attitude after they did the exact same thing I was trying to do. After three months I think I am ready to play again but I just had to get away from 40k for a while because of them.

Most of my negative experiences have also revolved around self proclaimed "rules lawyers", i've placed in inverted comma's because quite frankly they seemed to believe rules lawyering was simply questioning and demanding to see the codex for every single thing anyone they played against did. "Move your unit 6" - wait let me just check the rulebook to see if you can do it" "Space Marines have BS4? Let me see the codex!" "Daemons all deep-strike? Let me see the codex!"
It doubled the length of the games and sucked all the fun out of the game entirely.

I've also seen, but not had the misfortune to play against, an old ork looted wagon that was 6 inches long but 2 feet wide, blocking LOS to the entire army. The ork "Tower o' Guns" is another gem with the battlewagon having all it's weapons mounted on a skinny tower high above the vehicle for unlimited vision.

Any other army i'd have issues playing against this, but with Ork's such vehicles just seem a very Orky thing to do. I can envision a mekboy thinking it would be a great idea to still all the dakka on top so it can kill all the cowards hiding behind cover.

Deadmanwade
13-11-2009, 12:49
I had an opponent give his Grey Knight Land Raider Crusader the Ap4 no invulnerable save ammo to all his guns for 10 points. After the game I checked the codex (didnt want to get into a debate mid game as the guy is a pain and will NEVER concede an argument even when proven wrong) and low and behold that upgrade cannot be applied to hurricane bolters and costs 10 points per gun. He accepted that he may not have read the rules clearly.

A few months later I was talking to another player, who was b*tching about the AP4 no invulnerable save ammo that a Grey Knight Land Raider Crusader can spit out of all its guns only being a 10 point upgrade for the entire model.....:wtf:

m00ndust
13-11-2009, 13:03
In a 3 game tournament, I faced...

- Thousand Sons legion
- Orks
- Chaos Space Marines (Kharn and Lucius)

The ork player was the "best" player (and to add to insult, won "best overall" prize)

He had half-assembled Nobz Bikerz for starters...

Then on assaults, would roll his Initiative 1 Klaws to see if that would be enough to kill me... THEN roll his Initiative 3 Attacks from the rest of his boys.

He'd never explain why he threw that many dices (i.e. "I got 11 boyz with 3 attacks on charge, so 33 rolls to hit..") He just picked a bunch of dices on sight and throw them.

He also had the gulls to roll the Kustom Field save on Assault... and Took soooo much time playing...

He really made me hate Orks (simple fact that he pretty much charged me with 4 full trucks, 1 unit of coptas and a Warboss + Nobs on bike... and beat me without knowing half the rules).

Adding to insult, since I wasn't enjoying myself at all (and I really had no fun playing him) he gave me a score of 0 sportsmanship and gave himself a Major victory (while he had a minor).

Needless to say I'm never playin' this guy again.

Fixer
13-11-2009, 13:09
3rd edition
'The stealth suits you cannot see in front of my stand and shoot Tau army block line of sight to the models behind them, so you cannot shoot anything.'

Thankfully FAQed

Ork Player. After wiping out two squads of Terminators with his Warboss's burner power weapon, It turns out he was equipped with a scorcha kombi weapon. After a guntrakk was immobilised and lost a weapon he argued for almost 10 minutes that the crew could jump off and charge into combat.

Eldar player.

Argued forever that his D-Cannon rules overruled the 'glancing hits only' from smoke launchers.

TrooperTino
13-11-2009, 13:09
against a marine player who had so much proxied I never knew what unit was what and I'm totally sure they switched their equipment a few times during game...

it still was fun... we joked a lot about "metamorphing marines" and how cool it is to be able to change a weapon from a close combat one to a missile launcher in seconds...
what a great mechanik mind one has to be to do this...

MC Gyver marines :) (or whatever MC Gyver is spelled)

Mojaco
13-11-2009, 13:21
Then on assaults, would roll his Initiative 1 Klaws to see if that would be enough to kill me... THEN roll his Initiative 3 Attacks from the rest of his boys.
Sometimes I do that too. Saves a lot of hassle and makes no difference most of the time.