PDA

View Full Version : 2000 points mono khorne daemon army

meanmachine
13-11-2009, 12:13
hi

i am just starting fantasy and my 2 main armies are going to be mono khorne daemons and mono tzeentch daemons

i want to make a worthy khorne list since they have no magic

can you check my list, rate it and say what you think i should change

hero: skulltaker with juggernaut 200 points
Hero: khorne herald with Juggernaut, firestorm blade, armour of khorne 190points
hero: khorne herald with Juggernaut, soul hunger, armour of khorne, great standard of sundering 265 points
core: 15 bloodletters 180 points
special: 6 flesh hounds 210 points
special: 5 flesh hounds 175 points
rare: 3 bloodcrushers 210 points
total = 2000 points

OR

lord: bloodthirster with Armour of khorne, firestorm blade and spellbreaker 525 points
Hero: khorne herald with Juggernaut, firestorm blade, armour of khorne 190points
hero: khorne herald with Juggernaut, soul hunger, armour of khorne, great standard of sundering 265 points
core: 15 bloodletters with bloodreaper and standard 204 points
core: 15 bloodletters with bloodreaper 192 points
total = 2000 points

The SkaerKrow
13-11-2009, 12:23
Both lists should be incredibly potent. Between the two, I think that the first one will make for more interesting games.

Jind_Singh
14-11-2009, 00:18
no magic
hero: skulltaker with juggernaut 200 points
special: 5 flesh hounds 175 points
rare: 3 bloodcrushers 210 points
total = 2000 points

OR

lord: bloodthirster with Armour of khorne, firestorm blade and spellbreaker 525 points
core: 15 bloodletters with bloodreaper 192 points
total = 2000 points

Hey there fellow Khorne Lord of Deamons!
If you are looking for a list which is mono-god but an ass kicker all the same take the 2nd list.
If you are looking for a list that is still mono-khorne, is solid, but is not unbeatable then take the 1st list.

Some notes of interest:

1) Bloodletters need a basic herald of Khorne - as much and highly rated skull taker is he's actually not that great! hear me out, 1st of all whats the fun in winning a challange in instant kills on 5+? He doesnt give hatred to his unit of bloodletters, making them weaker, and people know how to avoid him - dont accept challanges!
2) Bloodlette units work best in either 11 with FC and an icon, or 16 with FC and icon - that way they become 5 wide and 3/4 deep for rank bonus. Sometimes its nice to run them 6 wide but you either sacrifce ranks or pay lots of points to get those models in!
3) Drop the 6th fleshound from both units (saves you buying another box of 5 to use 2 models too!:D). Use those points to get full command on 2 units at 60pts a set. You still have 10 pts, so squeeze out another 10 from somewere. By dropping unit size a bit you will get this.
4) Swap out the skull taker for a normal herald - fully kitted he is 190pts (Jugger, firestorm, armour of khorne)

Heres my list I run at 2250 - it was designed to be as soft as possible but yet still allow me to try to play for wins and not just lose every game.

Deamon prince of khorne - immortal fury, winged horror, armour of khorne
Herald of Khorne - Jugger, armour, firestorm blade, BSB, icon that adds D3 combat res
Herald of Khorne - Jugger, armour, sould hunger, BSB
Herald of Khorne - Jugger, armour, soul hunger, BSB

14 Bloodletters, FC, icon of endless war
14 Bloodletters, FC, skull totem
11 Bloodletters, FC, skull totem
6 Furies

5 Fleshounds

3 Bloodcrushers

Very themed, has a bit of bite, and can compete. If I want to increase the effectivness (eg playing another powerfull army) I will

swap the BSB for the Icon of despair,
give all heralds firestorm blade
drop the crushers and take another fleshound and fury unit
give all 3 core units the icon of endless war