PDA

View Full Version : New new Necron wishlisting.

Lotoc_Sabbath
13-11-2009, 13:20
hi guys,

so when i went to GD italy I talked a thing like 10 mins with Alessio Cavatore and I asked him about codex necron if I could expect it for 2010 for august this is what he said to me ' not immediatly but yes it will come out' then when Alessio was doing the public presentation a guy near me asked ' why do you do Tyranids and BA and you don't look to races that really need a codex as necrons?' after this question there has been a general applause of about 30 seconds. Alessio so responded this 'well we did tyranids because as a miniature range they needed a re-pass necrons as miniatures aren't so bad (not true) but we are putting them as one of the races with the top priority so you could expect them'

So after this day I had a complete confirmation of necrons being released in 2010 (because GW works with a year of anticipation so Alessio was basically saying they are working on them whilst he was talking with me because if not he would have said not possibly or things like that) and partial confirmation of necrons in the summer but the rumor wasn't so solid ot post it in the GD italy topic.

Now I have a solid rumor to be posted in the rumor section, one of these days a guy who is a big piece of Gw italy came to my local GW store because he would have worked there for that day. I talked with him for some mins and he said to me that at a meeting he had in the past days with a GW UK head he could say that necrons will be released in summer between june and july.

So I cannot confirm with the perfect confidence but at a pretty 90% we could expect the necrons this summer and this is no more whishlist but a true and solid final rumor. I'm having my fingers crossed till another 100% confirmation will come out.

Darnok
13-11-2009, 13:32
Good news, thanks for sharing.

But this could really have been posted as soon as you heard it on GD Italy. There must be something truly wrong if even Alessio Cavatore himself is not considered "solid" enough as a rumour source.

Brimstone
13-11-2009, 13:46
So soon in 2010, I have my doubts.

Summer is fantasy 8th edition mainly BTW.

rabblerouser
13-11-2009, 13:51
No that makes sense... the necron range of minis is pretty good aside from that ring pop on top of the monolith. All the BA characters are outdated - they are good sculpts but they are a little smaller than current marines so they look strange. The nids... well I don't see anything wrong with their current range but i guess they could refine a few models like the brood lord and introduce the plastic trygoon that was in the works a long long time ago.

Lotoc_Sabbath
13-11-2009, 13:55
So soon in 2010, I have my doubts.

Summer is fantasy 8th edition mainly BTW.

sorry Brimstone you know these things 1000 times more than me but isn't the 8th fantasy edition supposed in 2011 and not in 2010, anyway I posted what I heard...

anyway I don't see any problems in 8th edition being released in June and necrons in august or the opposite...

Brimstone
13-11-2009, 14:22
sorry Brimstone you know these things 1000 times more than me but isn't the 8th fantasy edition supposed in 2011 and not in 2010, anyway I posted what I heard...

It's next year IIRC.

anyway I don't see any problems in 8th edition being released in June and necrons in august or the opposite...

It's not all fantasy releases but that's not the codex I understood to be out then.

Still things have a habit of changing so let's see :)

Hokiecow
13-11-2009, 14:41
If Necrons do come out 2010, does that mean we have out 3 and only 3 releases for the 010'? Tyranids (Jan-Feb), Necrons (June-July), and Blood Angles(Oct-Nov)?

Sildani
13-11-2009, 15:14
It's not all fantasy releases but that's not the codex I understood to be out then.

Might that Codex incorporate a race with pointy ears and an unhealthy fascination with blades? ;) Hey, I can hope!

stonehorse
13-11-2009, 15:18
The only models in the entire Necron range that needs re doing are the Pariahs, and Flayed Ones. The rest are fine, anyway here's hoping that 2010 is our year to come out of retirement.

Shibboleth
13-11-2009, 15:26
If Necrons do come out 2010, does that mean we have out 3 and only 3 releases for the 010'? Tyranids (Jan-Feb), Necrons (June-July), and Blood Angles(Oct-Nov)?Going by this thread so far, the way I put the order together for 2010 would be more like Tyranids, then Blood Angels, then some mystery Codex (possibly some kind of SM, to fit with Harry saying BA are only half their story), then Necrons by the end of the year.

MVBrandt
13-11-2009, 15:29
Given the alternations happening these days, it's more likely this:

Tyranid (Xenos) ---> Blood Angels (SM) ---> Necron (Xenos) ---> Other "half of the story" Marines (SM)

With the Wolves, it was October ---> January (nids), which is 3 months interim; Jan nids followed by April angels followed by July necrons (implied by this rumor) followed by october 2nd half new marine dex leads right up to the cycle starting again in 11 with whatever the 2011 Xenos release is ... would not be surprised by Dark Eldar.

It fits a formalized structure and release schedule, and wouldn't surprise anyone probably.

Commisar
13-11-2009, 15:32
This feels too good to be true.

But, if it is true, its possibly the best 40k related news I have heard in a long time. It realy is good to see GW dealing with its last few super venerable third edition codexes.

TimLeeson
13-11-2009, 16:24
seems reasonable if you ask me, they dont need that much work model-wise, a few new units, plastic immortals and redone pariahs and some rule-changes to bring them to 5th edition. And since their one of the more less popular armies it wont "overshadow" 8th edition of fantasy.

Wolf Scout Ewan
13-11-2009, 16:46
Fleet based marines of some sort so I hear.

Hokiecow
13-11-2009, 16:51
What happened to 2010 being a xenos year?? I guess that was just wishful thinking based on early rumors.

dariakus
13-11-2009, 17:04
Where'd the "Yet Another Marine Codex" rumors start? Did we really extrapolate that from someone merely saying "that's only half the story"? Is there anything more concrete than that?

Lotoc_Sabbath
13-11-2009, 17:17
Tyranid (Xenos) ---> Blood Angels (SM) ---> Necron (Xenos) ---> Other "half of the story" Marines (SM)

Discussing this with many guys at GD and where I live and with the GW head who i talked to, this is very, very, very likely to happen.

A clear example of what most solid rumors suggest for 2010:

January Tyranids
February Beastmen
March-April-May Blood angels and a Wotr miniatures range expansion + a possible guard or daemon wave.
Summer Necrons and Fantasy 8th Ed.
Autumn Other "half of the story" Marines and a Fantasy Codex

Here's what I have understood from all the rumors from warseer, GD, speaking with GW guys and speaking with other guys.

loveless
13-11-2009, 17:21
What happened to 2010 being a xenos year?? I guess that was just wishful thinking based on early rumors.

Nonsense. Compared to 2009, 2010 is Xenos-based ;)

---

As mentioned, most of the Necron work is rules-based as opposed to model-based. They could be a "quick-fix" type of release with a small model release. Given the time frame I've seen, however, I wouldn't put them til after summer 2010 - possibly late 2010, early 2011.

Unless there have been major alterations to the information WarSeer already has, the Necrons don't fit the summer 2010 slot for 40K.

Lotoc_Sabbath
13-11-2009, 17:22

So what codex did you understand to be out then?

Hokiecow
13-11-2009, 17:22
Where'd the "Yet Another Marine Codex" rumors start? Did we really extrapolate that from someone merely saying "that's only half the story"? Is there anything more concrete than that?

I believe it was from Harry. If I recall correctly, he said something else SM related would come out with or during BA (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224507). People quickly speculated it would be an Angles of Death codex, but that was quickly shot down.

Eldrad
13-11-2009, 17:28
Well considering the "story" is SpaceMarines then the other half would be Legions now wouldnt it?

Shibboleth
13-11-2009, 18:36
So what codex did you understand to be out then?That's why I assumed the mystery 'SM' codex in that slot, before Necrons.

Well considering the "story" is SpaceMarines then the other half would be Legions now wouldnt it?There was also talk of Inquisition, which could mean Grey Knights or Deathwatch?

Peadar365
13-11-2009, 18:37
Necrons getting a new Codex? Good! Hopefully some work will be done on the background, I like them being mysterious and emotionless killers who act for reasons unknowable but the idea that everything that ever happens has in some way shape or form been manipulated by them was a little far fetched for me.

Lord Xedge
13-11-2009, 18:54
The only models in the entire Necron range that needs re doing are the Pariahs, and Flayed Ones. The rest are fine, anyway here's hoping that 2010 is our year to come out of retirement.

agreed but I guess that if the codex really comes out they will re-do some metal fig like the wraiths and the heavy destroyers.

Max Jet
13-11-2009, 19:09
Other than most of you I think the Necron Range really needs to be redone badly. They lack details and their poses are just awful, not to speek about their lack of plastic models... I hope at least their range gets second and third waves.

But say.. wasn't there a talk about shoving the Tau before Necrons and Dark Eldar? I think they could be done much faster than any of the other races. They really do not need that much work... pump out plastic Scouts and you're done!... perhaps plastic kroot and suddenly almost the whole range is plastic!

Lotoc_Sabbath
13-11-2009, 19:15
Necrons getting a new Codex? Good! Hopefully some work will be done on the background, I like them being mysterious and emotionless killers who act for reasons unknowable but the idea that everything that ever happens has in some way shape or form been manipulated by them was a little far fetched for me.

agreed but I guess that if the codex really comes out they will re-do some metal fig like the wraiths and the heavy destroyers.

Other than most of you I think the Necron Range really needs to be redone badly. They lack details and their poses are just awful, not to speek about their lack of plastic models... I hope at least their range gets second and third waves.

But say.. wasn't there a talk about shoving the Tau before Necrons and Dark Eldar? I think they could be done much faster than any of the other races. They really do not need that much work... pump out plastic Scouts and you're done!... perhaps plastic kroot and suddenly almost the whole range is plastic!

Guys I agree too and I would pay and put my signature on having plastic wraiths, flayed ones, immortals and pariahs but this is not a whishlist thread please remain on topic discussing the rumor part please.

reds8n
13-11-2009, 19:15
Interview with Henry Zou on 40K radio's marathon show.

http://www.40kradio.com/archives/742

Now, I haven't listened yet, but I am told that from that Henry Zou interview above; BL authors aren't alllowed to write about Necrons at the moment due to major rule and fluff changes coming.

..seeing as I doubt this gentleman would lie, I think next year is perhaps too early for the Necrons, at least the summer anyway.

..Kroot are plastic aren't they ? Other than that, I agree.

BlackIce
13-11-2009, 19:20
..Kroot are plastic aren't they ? Other than that, I agree.
The normal infantry are, (Highly characterful, wonderful models.) but the hounds and Krootox are not. It might make sense to have them in plastic since all of them can be in the same unit.

gorgon
13-11-2009, 19:57

IMO, Tomb Spyders are fairly cartoony, terrible miniatures, and Wraiths look more silly than menacing. I think a good chunk of the range needs some work to bring it up to current quality levels. And too much of it's metal right now. It's a little surprising to me that GW would see that range as a "quick fix".

Spectral Dragon
13-11-2009, 20:27
If GW did decide they were a quick fix army, I could see them coming out later in 2010, but not in the summer as was said. I highly doubt they are going to consider them a quick fix army, however.

Subtle hints in the new rulebook and some of the fluff coming out suggests new units for the new codex, hopefully the codex itself doesn't become sub-standard.

mdauben
13-11-2009, 20:49
Other than most of you I think the Necron Range really needs to be redone badly.
I don't know, I think the Necron line looks pretty good as it is. Now, more of the line in plastic would be nice (especially Immortals!). Some of the other units in plastic would be nice, although only if they bother to make them worth taking. What it really need, however, is just a couple more choices in their list. Another Troop choice at a minimum.

Um... the Kroot are already plastic (well, the regular Kroot, the Hounds and Ox are metal). As far as Pathfinders (scouts?) plastic would be okay, but I don't know many people who use more than half-dozen Pathfinders in their lists, so unless they make them a lot more useful in the new Codex they are a secondary target. What the Tau really need is a redesign of the Crisis Suit plastic! I don't know many players who like the current ones, and the looks more than the rules are what get people most excited about the various FW versions. Personally, I have an even dozen Crisis Suits, but I would replace every one if them resculpted them to look like FW XV88-2 models.

Combat Emu
13-11-2009, 21:23
The Tau rumours some time ago said they wouldn't appear in the near future. It sounded like everything else that's right now on the checklist would be first.
Btw: What became of that official statement "Dark Eldars are being worked on and Necrons are behind that"?
I believe in a codex Necrons, when GW finally announces it. There have just been too many rumours about Necrons that in the end were proved to be false or even completely made up. :(
I want a new codex desperately, but I don't dare believing in such rumours anymore(no offense lotoc)

jspyd3rx
13-11-2009, 21:26
Fleet based marines of some sort so I hear.

That would be Raven Guard. At least that is my guess. An extra marine codex would not make much sense and that is why I think a new chapter. Codex is coming.

Bregalad
13-11-2009, 21:33
Tyranid (Xenos) ---> Blood Angels (SM) ---> Necron (Xenos) ---> Other "half of the story" Marines (SM).
2 Codices in 2009, 2.5 (incl. Daemons) in 2008, 2 in 2007, 2 in 2006, 2 in 2005, and now, in the Fantasy year, we will see 4 Codices? Will not happen. Hasn't happened in all the previous years with 4 Codices predicted.

And yes, sources are certain that we will see Warhammer Fantasy 8th edition in 2010, rulebook in June/July and starter box in September.

Caiphas Cain
13-11-2009, 21:39
I thought Harry corrected himself later in the Fantasy 8th ed thread, and said that it would come out in 2011. Am I just making things up, or did Harry actually say that? I have such a poor memory....

gorgon
13-11-2009, 21:43
2 Codices in 2009, 2.5 (incl. Daemons) in 2008, 2 in 2007, 2 in 2006, 2 in 2005, and now, in the Fantasy year, we will see 4 Codices? Will not happen. Hasn't happened in all the previous years with 4 Codices predicted.

Agree 100%. Especially considering some of those years were considered "40K years". 2010 has been talked about as being more of a "WFB year." I wouldn't be surprised at all to see only 2 codices.

<insert rant here regarding the pace of releases (I'm too tired to rehash it, lol)>

Max Jet
13-11-2009, 21:44
Please excuse me, I wanted to write Kroot Hounds in plastic.. the word hound got swallowed.
The Black library topic would explain why there are no Necron stories in the "Fear the Alien" Book (as far as I know). Additionally King Elessar was writing about Dark Eldar and Necron Playtesting, and how Necron Warriors proved to be too expensive (at about 24 points), but as the information came in line with the Dark Eldar it seemed like a far off project he was allowed totalk about, as nothing was yet specific. However Tau? As allready mentioned.. Plastic Kroot hounds and Pathfinders and you're done.

What the Tau really need is a redesign of the Crisis Suit plastic! I don't know many players who like the current ones, and the looks more than the rules are what get people most excited about the various FW versions.

As much as I agree, with so many hybrid kits, boxes and FW Versions I think the studio considers Suits to be a very low propability.

Finally on topic. (sorry) Perhaps Necron Changes and the new Codex have been mentioned in the rumour forum just too often in the last 18 months, making other projects more believable.

Rayz_thedead
13-11-2009, 21:50
IMO Necrons dont need a huge overhaul for minitures. Imortals and Wraiths are what are Really needed. with the point cost of pharias you dont field that many ( i know pt cost will change) But with the roumors of flayed ones being troops i could see them in plastics. So overall we might see 3 plastic box sets plus a couple metal modles? that doesnt sound like a heavy realease. I am just talking in theory and not saying n e thing is happening. I just want to see a new Dex! they need the rules bad! lol

Motley
13-11-2009, 23:34
necrons after blood angels..... great!!!!!! i love necrons man .... i think the other half of the story is the plastic thunderhawk..... my personal opinion...:)

Nicha11
14-11-2009, 00:10
That would be Raven Guard. At least that is my guess. An extra marine codex would not make much sense and that is why I think a new chapter. Codex is coming.

I highly doubt it would be Raven Guard, as they already have an SC in the current Marine DEX.

But what marine codex is currently fleet based? They'd have to be pretty BLACK to do that, probably gothic TEMPLARS.

Caiphas Cain
14-11-2009, 00:54
Are you trying to tell us something Nicha?

d6juggernaut
14-11-2009, 00:55
hurm....sounds like reliable source, didn't expect the codex to be out so quick, highly interested. Will be very happy to try the new codex out during summer break, would love to see plasic immortal and wraiths, easier to collect and manage, a buff in the rule is expected, but they still need something to make them more unique... anticipating this release.

Nicha11
14-11-2009, 01:12
Are you trying to tell us something Nicha?

I believe there might have been a subtle hint regarding fleet
based marines in there.;)

Putty
14-11-2009, 02:00
Every year, for some reason, people think that the next year's release will be dominated with 40k codices.

That of course doesn't happen.

i'm going to put my money where my mouth is on the line again by saying i'll paypal Lotoc_Sabbath 10 quid if the new Necrons codex is out in summer 2010.

:D

Jinra
14-11-2009, 03:21
Fingers crossed for all the Cron players out there.
GW have been lacking in Necrontyr loving, about time they updated the dex.

Shizz, I would be tempted in collecting, once more plastics are available anyway.

Whats that ? they should update the Dark Eldar first?...nah have enough space pixys as it is.

Harry
14-11-2009, 06:11
Me.
Yes we did.
No there isn't.

Discussing this with many guys at GD and where I live and with the GW head who i talked to, this is very, very, very likely to happen.

A clear example of what most solid rumors suggest for 2010:

January Tyranids
February Beastmen
March-April-May Blood angels and a Wotr miniatures range expansion + a possible guard or daemon wave.
Summer Necrons and Fantasy 8th Ed.
Autumn Other "half of the story" Marines and a Fantasy Codex

Here's what I have understood from all the rumors from warseer, GD, speaking with GW guys and speaking with other guys.
Your example was looking pretty good up till March but then it goes south in a hurry. The schedule is a lot busier than that after March.

I thought Harry corrected himself later in the Fantasy 8th ed thread, and said that it would come out in 2011. Am I just making things up, or did Harry actually say that? I have such a poor memory....
Nope. Never said that. Your just making stuff up. :D
Clearly your short term memory is shot to pieces.

necrons after blood angels..... great!!!!!! i love necrons man .... i think the other half of the story is the plastic thunderhawk..... my personal opinion...:)
No and NOOOOOO! :D

ON TOPIC:

You know a while ago I said the Necron dex hadn't even started and shot down all the rumours at the time. Well they started to write it soon after that. Sooo ... if you start counting 18 months from then (12 months in development, 6 months for proofing/printing/global distribution) you can get a fair idea of when it is coming.

They are coming but the Summer is a little too soon.

I think you have read too much into Allessio's cryptic hints. (Which I guess is why they avoid doing it). He clearly wanted to offer some reassurance to the Necron Players but I don't think he said that they would be the next 40K release or that they would be following right on the heels of the Blood Angels.

However, great to see Allessio throwing the odd bone back into the rumour mill and thanks very much for posting what you have discovered.

Panic not everyone. Lots of good stuff coming for 40K this year.

Gethvar
14-11-2009, 09:42
You know a while ago I said the Necron dex hadn't even started and shot down all the rumours at the time. Well they started to write it soon after that. Sooo ... if you start counting 18 months from then (12 months in development, 6 months for proofing/printing/global distribution) you can get a fair idea of when it is coming.

Hurrrayy!!! The Necrons are comming :)
Thank You Harry for info, now i will have to hide my Cron army in Tomb Worls for couple of months just to reappear when they will be able to actually do something against the tide of Space Marines and Tyranids :)

Any hints about their rumoured fluff changes or some hints about new necron units spotted there Harry??

CrownAxe
14-11-2009, 09:50
that other half of the story codex is probably Blood Raven

Monachus
14-11-2009, 11:20
early 2011 was as much as I let myself hope for after recent comments about them coming after the DE, and while it's still a fair way away at least something is happening anyway

Putty
14-11-2009, 11:36
in theory, DE should get a release earlier then Necrons because they were in development before them.

well... that is just a theory... :-/

Monachus
14-11-2009, 12:05
in theory, DE should get a release earlier then Necrons because they were in development before them.

they probably will, unless the DE carry on doing guns n roses impressions and get delayed again

Combat Emu
14-11-2009, 12:34
ON TOPIC:

They are coming but the Summer is a little too soon.

That was in January this year so: 1 + "soon after that" + 12 + 6... that'd be fall :D

Lotoc_Sabbath
14-11-2009, 13:11
That was in January this year so: 1 + "soon after that" + 12 + 6... that'd be fall :D

Yes indeed Fall...I think 18 months are really too many years; a friend of mine who has worked in the GW studio at Nottingham says that There they are at the exaggerated maximum 1 year in anticipation before the release not 18 months... so yes for fall we could expect...

blindingdark
14-11-2009, 14:15
Harry is batman....or some crazy ninja.

Whenever you mention him.....He shows up ;)

As always, thanks harry

Sildani
14-11-2009, 16:13

Anything with pointy ears?

brassangel
14-11-2009, 16:41

And yes, sources are certain that we will see Warhammer Fantasy 8th edition in 2010, rulebook in June/July and starter box in September.

This. FTW.

We will be fortunate to get 3 Codex releases in 2010, as we never get 4, ever. Even when the "mighty few" who are always ultra-reliable swore up and down that we'd be getting 4 a couple of years ago, I corrected them.

Harry
14-11-2009, 17:08
Well thanks for that Mr and Mrs naysayer. :D

Last year I said three and a supplement. We got three and a supplement.
This year I say three. However, if everything comes off as planned they may squeeze a 4th in.
AND I still maintain it is a year for Fantasy.
Although TBH it is not a bad year to be playing 40K either. Some very nice stuff winging its way in our direction.

Could be they are getting faster. :eek:

Scryer in the Darkness
14-11-2009, 17:15
Although TBH it is not a bad year to be playing 40K either. Some very nice stuff winging its way in our direction.

Oh no he di'int! :D

Hokiecow
14-11-2009, 18:20

I wouldn't hold me breath...

Based on the last GW Developers Podcast

As of Dec 08, Jervis is done with half of the DE plastics which he had been working on the for 8 or 9 months (Means he started on them early 08, around March or April) even though he did some drawing for them about 2 yrs earlier.

Jervis speculates they have a 1 or 2 year to go. At the earliest that would place them at the end of 2009 or 2010. Since it's end of 09 and no sign of DE in sight, the next guess would put it either end of 2010 or sometime in early 2011.

He mentioned once the models are done everything else falls into place. If half the plastics where done in 8-9 months and assuming the remaining will take about the same time; the plastic models wouldn't be done until Aug 09 (assuming nothing else bumped them and everything went well. So it could make the end of 2010 deadline but now we're hearing Necron Rumors and seeing new Tau models pop up.

Excluding Nids and BA, I wouldn't be surprised to see Necrons and another army pop up before DE see the light of day.

Motley
14-11-2009, 18:34
Some very nice stuff winging its way in our direction????

This guy is funny man:D

Caiphas Cain
14-11-2009, 18:56
Winging eh? Hope its not vespids.

xerxeshavelock
14-11-2009, 19:02
Winging eh? Hope its not vespids.

Whats wrong with Vespids?

Checks. Oh. yeah...

WokeUpDead
14-11-2009, 19:10
maybe it's the much-anticipated 'bat-o-hawk' .. you know, one of those flying thunderhawk-bricks - but with batwings ;- )

Lungboy
14-11-2009, 19:19
Argh, not more possibly-but-possibly-not-rumours of a plastic Thunderhawk.

blurrymadness
14-11-2009, 20:36
This whole "other half of the story thing" seems to be making people dense. It's doubtful they'll make a new chapter, and fleet would be a neat replacement to the current Black Templar rules, as well as fixing a few of the major differences.

-They still have min-maxing style Termies and the like
-They still lack grenades (without additional 20% cost)
-They still use the old system of oaths (or w/e), [and I imagine everyone having preferred enemy for free (where it is now better on top of better!)] is a bit too much in the opinion of GW.
-They still retain regular veteran skills (something that went the way of the Dodo two years ago)
-They still pay the old prices for a lot of stuff (powerfist, assault cannon, cyclone, plasma pistol (5 points makes it worth it!), Dakka Preds of all styles, MM speeders)
-They still use an ARMORY.
-They still have inconsequential rules like "Kill them All".

The above is just the tip as well. They'd probably want to remake a codex that most believe dictates it's choices to you, and with a fleet emphasis it might encourage an entirely different style of play.

I do believe over any other suggestion that with a fleet USR replacement of the old "Rightous Zeal" that they'd be bringing things inline with other codices.

Just think people... they're not going to toss a raven guard codex out right after they "put it in" the SM codex. As lame as that sounds, I don't imagine they'd cover their ass one way just to put out ANOTHER new codex type. They have enough SM codices to manage at the moment.

Wapniak
14-11-2009, 20:37
Harry demented the Thunderhawk. Am I the only one who hopes for Chaos Space Marines/ Chaos Legion book? Are they marines? Check! Are they the other half of the History? Hell yaeh! Almost all models in the line are OK, with the exception of the Dreadnougth. But now back to the reality...

About Necrons - It's good that they're coming. I hope that the army no longer be MEQ. I for one hope for their Ws/Bs to be 3 and the save to be 4+. They shall be the 'Horde style' army imho! They are pictured as an unending sea of steel skeletons, not as a small and elite strike force.

Purge the Heretic
14-11-2009, 20:41
Some very nice stuff winging its way in our direction.

As if that isn't ambiguous enough I can think of ways to apply it to most of the rumors we have flying around,

Something as simple as Gargoyles being awesome for the tyranids, or
Blood ravens, or...night lords, or Thunderhawk.

the1stpip
14-11-2009, 20:47
The last I heard from GW designers, only the most basic of prelim work has been done on Necrons, and considering a 2 year period from basic concept to release, I wouldn't hold my breath.

cuda1179
14-11-2009, 20:48
I could live with a WS of 3, but if they dare to drop the BS of a Necron warrior to 3 I will be furrious. Assuming they make WBB into feel-no-pain, go down to a 4+ save, and fix the gauss rule I hope the price per warrior is only about 13-14 points.

Gethvar
14-11-2009, 20:49
About Necrons - It's good that they're coming. I hope that the army no longer be MEQ. I for one hope for their Ws/Bs to be 3 and the save to be 4+. They shall be the 'Horde style' army imho! They are pictured as an unending sea of steel skeletons, not as a small and elite strike force.
Noooo way!!
why the hell they should be horde as they ar raiders now, they actually mostly are small strike forces and they should stay this way, and stop wishlisting in rumor thread.

Wapniak
14-11-2009, 21:00
I wishlist? Then you spam! ;P

And if I wishlist, then to your knowledge over half of the posts in this topic is wishlisting by your definition! Which is fine imho! They aren't around the corner, and our info is next to nil!

What about them is being raiders? They're not Dark Eldar! Look at the cover of the book, there's a horde of them! I'ts true that their fluff supports the 'teleportation' theme but this is to offset they're lack of transports. They fluff states that they rarely attack (yet) they start to aweaken from their tombs and gather numbers!

I love the idea of Necrons, they were my first 40k army and they shall be awesome! Not another copy-paste marines with copy-paste bolters!

And to add some rumours: I've heard that Warriors will have either S&P or Relentless to offset their lack of speed/ transport. The other thing I've heard is that Heavy destroyers will now go into Destroyer units (similiar to Attack bikes).

Monachus
14-11-2009, 21:06
I wouldn't hold me breath...

I wouldn't be surprised to see Necrons and another army pop up before DE see the light of day.

except Jes has said this year at a games day, (I believe it was baltimore) that the necrons are coming but are behind the DE

Scryer in the Darkness
14-11-2009, 21:14
except -Jes- has said this year at a games day, (I believe it was baltimore) that the necrons are coming but are behind the DE
^ Jervis.

(EDIT - and it was Chicago)

Tiller5
14-11-2009, 21:33

I can't help but feel that this hints towards a separate Dark Angel release of sorts with the Deathwing and the Ravenwing, but as this has been shot down already I guess this isn't so.

Still, I love this rampant speculation - with the Tyranids for example it'll make me appreciate the hard work and effort the designers have put in more so than if I'd found out about it 3 months beforehand.

Both the Necrons and the Dark Eldar deserve to have this appreciation once they are redone, and I have every confidence that a lot of effort, time and thought will go into both, and that people's patience will be rewarded.

Bregalad
15-11-2009, 01:47

Last year I said three and a supplement. We got three and a supplement.
This year I say three. However, if everything comes off as planned they may squeeze a 4th in.
AND I still maintain it is a year for Fantasy.
Which years are you talking about? I guess "this year" means "next year", right? And "last year" is 2009 or 2008? Because 2009 we have just 2 Codices.

And there are more release slots to fill for Fantasy and 40k next year, because beginning this year, LOTR doesn't have full month release slots any more due to shrinking demand in most countries.

Gilfred The Iron Knight
15-11-2009, 01:51
well we did get 3 codexs and a supplement in 2009.

codex:
Imperial Guard
Planet Strike
Space Wolves

supplement:
Planetary Empires

Putty
15-11-2009, 02:27
well we did get 3 codexs and a supplement in 2009.

codex:
Imperial Guard
Planet Strike
Space Wolves

supplement:
Planetary Empires

Planet Strike isn't a codex.

Its an expansion / supplement like Apocalypse.

victorpofa
15-11-2009, 03:51

And Immortals. And Wraiths. And Tomb Spyders. Immortals must be plastic if they expect people to use them, and the other two should be plastic, but could use new models in any event. Especially the Wraith. Its looks are fine, but it falls apart too easily with that spindly spine join.

As already mentioned.. Plastic Kroot hounds and Pathfinders and you're done.

Not quite. Krootoxes need a plastic kit, or at least a new metal kit. I have not bought any due to the horrible assembly problems and miscasting issues many people have reported. Plus they really should make the Crisis Commander and Broadsides all plastic. Just need a frame for the commander bits added to a Crisis box, and same with the rail guns for the Broadsides. Then they could be easily mounted on the arms as well. :D

Plastic Sniper Drones would be nice too, and maybe the Shadowsun suit will enter mass production. :angel:

Spectral Dragon
15-11-2009, 04:43
The 18 month window is actually late summer or early fall....

As for the model range, I would expect GW to do what it has been doing for a while: make everything as plastic as it can, add a few units, beef up the army, add to the fluff. It has been said in multiple places that what you see in the codex is only the tip of the iceberg for what necrons can utilize, perhaps it's time we saw more of that?

So, Metal Lords, different lords, a few named characters (who knows what they will do with the C'tan) and a focus on their weaponry rules as well as thier WBB rule(s) would be the expected thing. Other things would be a switch to plastic for some elite units as well as the wraiths. They could easily accomplish this considering thier ability to make armies plastic has gone up significantly since 2002 (the year the codex came out)

I would also expect a new vehicle and perhaps a few differing kinds of lords but who knows?

HsojVvad
15-11-2009, 04:46
Me.

Don't you mean next year pieman? :p (It's ok to call you pie man?) What can be released in 6 more weeks?

Hatemonger
15-11-2009, 07:17
No there isn't.
The reference to "when I talked about the Necron codex" prompted me to go back through some old stuff, and I found this:

From info that's been floating around on the Web for 6+ months now, the Inquisition Armies are at the end of a 5 year cycle as far as new Codexes go.

So by that reckoning it'll be 2011/2012.
You won't have to wait that long.

Plastic grey knights sure seem like they might fit into a Planetstrike release window.
but not that soon either.
Before 2011, but not 2009... that leaves 2010, unless I have a wholly different concept of math than Harry. ;)

So... Grey Knights = other marines in 2010? This being the other half of Blood Angels are "only half the story" for marines next year.

Nids + BA + GK/Inq/whatever = 3 codex books. "If everything falls into line" we may get... what? DE maybe? Jes said a year ago he was half done with the models, with 'half' being anyone's guess of 6 months to 7 years, timewise. Let's say it was 6 months... he finishes (well, finished) mid-2009... plus 18 months... means most likely 2011, but maybe within 2010. Hmmm.

- H8

Arbiter7
15-11-2009, 07:59
But what marine codex is currently fleet based? They'd have to be pretty BLACK to do that, probably gothic TEMPLARS.

Ooooooh pleeease please please please please let it be the templars

*crosses fingers*

CthulhuDalek
15-11-2009, 08:14
Where's the evidence that it's going to be a "fleet-based" marine chapter?

Is it just me... or is Harry, The Emperor... guiding huumanity in our early years?

Neverthless! If what Hatemonger quotes is true it looks like it could be: Nids, BA, GK/inq, THEN Necrons.

Knowing the DE, they still won't be out 'till later...

zendral
15-11-2009, 08:32
It is this...

Originally Posted by shabbadoo

Based on past rumors it is going to be Space Marines that like to wear really shiny armor and hate daemons.

You don't know how wrong you are :angel:

That leads one to beleive it will not be the knights :).

Purge the Heretic
15-11-2009, 08:43
I leads me to believe it might just be marines in multi-colored armor that really LOVE demons...maybe

But then Brim and Harry know we pour meaning into every single word of their posts til it clouds things up better than they could if they were trying.

The Chaos legion Codexes will happen. (obviously not for all of them but certainly a couple of them). There is a time frame but outside anything folks need to be getting excited about just yet. Harry from September of 08....18 month window anyone?

Looking into harry's old posts to figure out just exactly when he quashed the necron rumors at the time, seeing as he has made a reference directly to 18 months from that time frame. So Models could be done summer of 2010.

January of 2009 "no pen was put to paper" which puts necrons codex early 2011 at the earliest however ie ~2 years to produce a codex.

and just to round things out,

Dark Eldar and Grey Knight Codecii are supposedly both being worked on by Phil Kelly, DE were called a backburner project at one point, meaning they are taking their time on it, but as far as what stage of production eith of them are in, Phil Kelly didn't finish the Space wolf codex all that long ago, I expect we will see more than a year, possibly almost two before either of these are released.

Disclaimer: I have no sources, these are just compilations of statements from warseer reliables, combined with a little speculation.

Harry
15-11-2009, 09:36
Which years are you talking about? I guess "this year" means "next year", right? And "last year" is 2009 or 2008?

Don't you mean next year pieman? :p (It's ok to call you pie man?) What can be released in 6 more weeks?
OK I may have got a bit messed up with the whole 'this year', 'next year' thing .... thats what happens when we get ahead of ourselves .... but you know what I meant .... possibly. :D

Looking into harry's old posts to figure out just exactly when he quashed the necron rumors at the time, seeing as he has made a reference directly to 18 months from that time frame.
On the Necrons ... Someone said earlier it was only January ... seems longer. However when I said "soon after" I didn't mean like February 1st. I meant within a couple of months not a couple of days after.

Also The 18 months thing isn't an exact science. Projects start about 2 years out with the big ideas and to get the plastics started which have an 18 month lead time. But sometimes, if they have some stuff already done, stashed away or the army does not need that much stuff and it is a small release then it can be quicker other times if the models need a lot of work and it is a big release it will be longer ... like the Dark Eldar.

So when I say 18 months this is based on knowledge of stuff already done and assumption about just how much more new stuff Necrons will get.

There is still some work to do on Dark Eldar models despite lots of stuff already being finished. So these guys are still not set in stone but I would guess they are still over a year away.

So now ask yourself about the Sisters and Grey Knights .... currently all metal armies and thus needing a lot of plastic .... Yes, work is started but I am not sure we can realistically hope to see them next year. 2011 is probably more likely but I don't think it will be as long as 2012 either.

Purge the Heretic
15-11-2009, 09:55
So now ask yourself about the Sisters and Grey Knights .... currently all metal armies and thus needing a lot of plastic .... Yes, work is started but I am not sure we can realistically hope to see them next year. 2011 is probably more likely but I don't think it will be as long as 2012 either.

Harry, did I ever tell you your my hero? Everything I wish I could be?

Once again you give me hope.

The Marshel
15-11-2009, 10:00
I find it amusing how 2010 is suppose to be a "fantasy year" and yet we're looking at 3 - 4 40k codexes. What fantasy army books were there in the year 40k was updated? I can oly think of dark elves and vampire lords

Deetwo
15-11-2009, 10:04

That's absolutely outstanding news :) Even if it's just guesstimating.
I'd think 2012 is the year for 40k then.. Isn't 4 years the theoretical cycle for editions afterall?

TrojanWolf
15-11-2009, 10:30
Also The 18 months thing isn't an exact science. Projects start about 2 years out with the big ideas and to get the plastics started which have an 18 month lead time. But sometimes, if they have some stuff already done, stashed away or the army does not need that much stuff and it is a small release then it can be quicker other times if the models need a lot of work and it is a big release it will be longer ... like the Dark Eldar.

There is still some work to do on Dark Eldar models despite lots of stuff already being finished. So these guys are still not set in stone but I would guess they are still over a year away.
No matter how accurate the time is, I'm just happy for the possibility that the Dark Eldar will be getting a pretty good release. I've said it before and I'll say it again: things like this mean that I'll be sitting at the painting table saying "I played Dark Eldar before they were cool."

Harry
15-11-2009, 10:45
No matter how accurate the time is, I'm just happy for the possibility that the Dark Eldar will be getting a pretty good release. I've said it before and I'll say it again: things like this mean that I'll be sitting at the painting table saying "I played Dark Eldar before they were cool."

You are kidding me ... "pretty good" ... It is going to be an OUTSTANDING release.
The whole range sculpted from the bottom up By Jes Goodwin, with help from Juan Diaz. :eek:

Hell, I haven't played a game of 40K in years and I'll be collecting Dark Eldar when they are released.

TrojanWolf
15-11-2009, 11:09
You are kidding me ... "pretty good" ... It is going to be an OUTSTANDING release.
The whole range sculpted from the bottom up By Jes Goodwin, with help from Juan Diaz. :eek:

Hell, I haven't played a game of 40K in years and I'll be collecting Dark Eldar when they are released.
I refuse to say anything more about the Dark Eldar for fear of grossly understating their forthcoming release again. I really don't feel like dying my hair orange and running off in search of trolls before I get a chance to see that momentous day.

Monachus
15-11-2009, 11:42
^ Jervis.

(EDIT - and it was Chicago)

thanks, I do seem to have a habit of remembering things slightly incorrectly

creepyal
15-11-2009, 13:06
Another thread full of wishlisting and rumors. I want the new cron codex just as much as the next guy but until a release date is announced by GW and we get to read it... that is when we can start complaining about the rules.

antin3
15-11-2009, 13:45
I am curious about the Guard wave mentioned earlier, Should I go through my bits box for a head that resembles Michael Caine. Now that would be sweet.

Ivellis
15-11-2009, 13:50
I'm really disappointed that next year will have no DE once again. I want to start a new army after I fill up my Nids with the new plastic gargs and raveners. Here's hoping for a Legions codex next year! I'd be happy to start any Xenos or chaos race that got a new 'dex though. (Hey Harry, any chance of that happening for me next year?)

(Haven't played CSM since the 4th edition codex came out and I stopped having fun playing them.)

WokeUpDead
15-11-2009, 14:28
I find it amusing how 2010 is suppose to be a "fantasy year" and yet we're looking at 3 - 4 40k codexes. What fantasy army books were there in the year 40k was updated? I can oly think of dark elves and vampire lords

I on the other hand find it disturbing (to say the least) that GW(Main) is still unable to at least publish quickly typed lists that come with a new edition of 40k/fantasy. 3-4 codici per year?
yeah, sounds great - but in the meantime a pesky list would do to bring non-new-printed armies up to date..
sorry 'bout the rambling, it's probably off-topic.

more on topic: this thread has turned away from 'necrons' more or less ;)
I'd like to see new plastics for flayed-ones and definitely completely new sculpts for pariah' - the current ones are .. not my kind of flavour ;)

SirSnipes
15-11-2009, 16:48
next year for fantasy its looking like beasts of war, tomb kings, a mystery army and fantasy core 8th edition

sliganian
15-11-2009, 18:04
Where's the evidence that it's going to be a "fleet-based" marine chapter?

Is it just me... or is Harry, The Emperor... guiding huumanity in our early years?

Neverthless! If what Hatemonger quotes is true it looks like it could be: Nids, BA, GK/inq, THEN Necrons.

Knowing the DE, they still won't be out 'till later...

Sorry, haven't read the whole thread, but I am the only here who knows that the BLACK TEMPLARS are the 'Fleet based' Chapter?

SteelTitan
15-11-2009, 18:21
uh no, that part everybody actually understood already. I think you missed that little bit while not reading the whole tread ;)

HsojVvad
15-11-2009, 18:30

So does this mean they will be together, or released during the same year seperately? Damn you love to tease us eh Harry? :D

Spectral Dragon
15-11-2009, 18:50
Lots of good stuff from the pie man this thread, thanks for that.

Can't wait for my 'crons, or my GK's

CthulhuDalek
15-11-2009, 19:01
Sorry, haven't read the whole thread, but I am the only here who knows that the BLACK TEMPLARS are the 'Fleet based' Chapter?

Everyone knows the Black Templars are fleet based. However, I was asking where the rumour that there would be a fleet-based chapter came from.

Ravenheart
15-11-2009, 19:05
IIRC, not to long ago (at GD Germany I think), one of the studio guys said that Black Templars and Dark Angels are not an immidiate priority.

jspyd3rx
15-11-2009, 20:48
Same was said about Crons, now they will be upon us in less than a year. Pieman actually shut down rumors of a new codex, then apparently everything went into full swing with them. I personally can not wait. It will be awesome, I just know it. Wondering how they will fit JOTWW in to them though lol

BramGaunt
15-11-2009, 20:56
Same was said about Crons, now they will be upon us in less than a year. Pieman actually shut down rumors of a new codex, then apparently everything went into full swing with them. I personally can not wait. It will be awesome, I just know it. Wondering how they will fit JOTWW in to them though lol

Easy, mate. Noone said less than a year.

I really love this thread, it would have been a PERFECT excample for "Development of rumours" and how they go wild...

You know, someone will read this and go off to some forum, half the info will be lost in the process and we have "ZOMG Necrons after Tyranids" threads on our heads - again.

HsojVvad
15-11-2009, 21:03
I like this thread as well, but I think it should be put in general now and not closed. No more 'Cron rumours, but the thread is entertaining. Can a mod move it there so it's not closed?

Brimstone
15-11-2009, 21:14
Sounds like a good idea it can join the other Necron threads in 40K general.

The Warseer Inquisition

Spectral Dragon
15-11-2009, 21:20
Still, some gems were gleaned from this, I wish there was a way to keep the gems but keep the mounting rumormill overspill away.

Dark_Templar
15-11-2009, 23:18
Hurrrayy!!! The Necrons are comming :)

Any hints about their rumoured fluff changes or some hints about new necron units spotted there Harry??

I have heard that they are going to be written as a robot army sent from the future to protect a young boy who is destined to be the saviour of humanity, or something**.

**may have made that up.

Hokiecow
16-11-2009, 01:53
So it's looks like 2011 is the year to beat! :-D

Dark_Templar
16-11-2009, 01:59
And I have said before that I think Black Templars will be 2011 at best, and the Codex: Inquisition will be the first codex released with 6th ed rules in mind.

HsojVvad
16-11-2009, 02:07
I am looking forward to Necrons, hopefully they will have a many variteity of units. I just don't like how they look right now, just too uniform I guess.

Palex
16-11-2009, 18:37
Somewhere on the board (can't find the link) someone mentioned a mini/monolith/ pylon, which would be groovy, partic after the now nerfed (but still pretty good) Gauss effect against vehicles (which IMHO is still ok-ish).

The existing model range is fine, the immortals fit nicely in my case! But increasing the different units in the army list would be the best thing they could do with the codex. I think the unit list at the moment is possibly the smallest of any one army, and as a result the scope for effective necron tactics is lacking. More units = more varied armies = more varied tactics = more varied games, which benifits ALL players, even the DE, sorta. >.>

Still, some gems were gleaned from this, I wish there was a way to keep the gems but keep the mounting rumormill overspill away.

As for keeeping the core of the thread, isn't that what the dedicated rumours roundup is for? Necrons hasn't been updated in a while, but I'm not sure how to go about getting it done.

Xelloss
17-11-2009, 09:57
So now ask yourself about the Sisters [...] needing a lot of plastic .... Yes, work is started
Harry, lots of people already told you but you are *the* man :D

Everyone knows the Black Templars are fleet based. However, I was asking where the rumour that there would be a fleet-based chapter came from.
I would like to know that too : it was more or less dropped by Wolf Scout Ewan but without any source or references, and everybody hyped up suddenly, jumping to conclusion without any estimation of the viability of this rumour...

IIRC, not to long ago (at GD Germany I think), one of the studio guys said that Black Templars and Dark Angels are not an immidiate priority.
GD italy : nejor (Italian with limited english notions) said something like Back Templars players should cry if they hope for anything soon. ("cry for a long time" dixit). TBH I don't mind waiting if that prevent BT codex being butchered into over-simplification.

CrownAxe
20-11-2009, 21:22
I believe it was from Harry. If I recall correctly, he said something else SM related would come out with or during BA (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224507). People quickly speculated it would be an Angles of Death codex, but that was quickly shot down.

Its probably Blood Ravens (the DoW II chapter)

Darnok
22-11-2009, 22:50
Its probably Blood Ravens (the DoW II chapter)

It's probably not.

CrownAxe
22-11-2009, 23:31
It's probably not.

It's been rumored that they're going to make Blood Ravens a codex, has the potential to be fleet based and both would have blood in common

They would be the perfect other 1/2 to the story

Darnok
22-11-2009, 23:45
It's been rumored that they're going to make Blood Ravens a codex, has the potential to be fleet based and both would have blood in common

They would be the perfect other 1/2 to the story

I consider this to be merely wishlisting. A "rumour" is something else. And wether they are "perfect" as the other half of the story... well, I don't think so.

But this discussion should be done elsewhere. This thread is about Necrons, and should stay so.