PDA

View Full Version : questions on a few things:lizards and wood elfs

Braugi
13-11-2009, 13:44
1. When my Razordon's stand and shoot, I roll 2 artillery dice each. One misfire on the artillery die means none of the shots fire according to the FAQ. My question is, in units with multiple Razordons, do I roll for each Razordon separately, thus one misfire on two dice negates one Razordon's stand and shoot.

Conversely, is it correct to roll all of the artillery dice at once, and one misfire negates all of them (up to 5 successfully rolled dice if the unit comprises 3 Razordons).

IMO the FAQ reads as if it is only the attacks of the individual Razordon that are affected, so in order to do this, I would have to roll the artillery dice for each razordon separately.

2. Wood Elf treesinging: I was on the receiving end of this one and let the opponent do what he wanted, but I want to make sure this is correct.

If I use the treesinging spell to move a forest into contact with an opponent, then is that opponent considered to be 'partially in' the forest, even though the movement of the forest stops as soon as it comes in contact with the opponent?

This is important principally for additional uses of treesinging that can be used to cause damage and get a strength bonus for attacking units that are even partially within a forest.

PeG
13-11-2009, 14:29
As for question 2 this is not clear in the rules and not mentioned in the FAQ. I play WE and usually use treesinging for other things than damage so this has actually never come up.

Since the current wording is that it the wood stops when you are in contact you do actually have contact and I would argue that your opponent was correct since you actually have physical contact. On the other hand you can also claim that being in contact with is not the same thing as being within it.

Loq-Gor
13-11-2009, 16:06
As for question 1 I don't have my books with me at the moment but my understanding is that the misfire only affects the one razordon. So you would need to misfire at least once on all three to lose all your shots, although that actually happened to me once.