PDA

View Full Version : Rules and FAQ interpretation, Lizards and Wood Elfs

Braugi
13-11-2009, 13:46
1. When my Razordon's stand and shoot, I roll 2 artillery dice each. One misfire on the artillery die means none of the shots fire according to the FAQ. My question is, in units with multiple Razordons, do I roll for each Razordon separately, thus one misfire on two dice negates one Razordon's stand and shoot.

Conversely, is it correct to roll all of the artillery dice at once, and one misfire negates all of them (up to 5 successfully rolled dice if the unit comprises 3 Razordons).

IMO the FAQ reads as if it is only the attacks of the individual Razordon that are affected, so in order to do this, I would have to roll the artillery dice for each razordon separately.

2. Wood Elf treesinging: I was on the receiving end of this one and let the opponent do what he wanted, but I want to make sure this is correct.

If I use the treesinging spell to move a forest into contact with an opponent, then is that opponent considered to be 'partially in' the forest, even though the movement of the forest stops as soon as it comes in contact with the opponent?

This is important principally for additional uses of treesinging that can be used to cause damage and get a strength bonus for attacking units that are even partially within a forest.

Atrahasis
13-11-2009, 13:52
1. You are correct - a misfire prevents that particular Razordon from firing, so roll separately.

2. No, touching is not within.

xragg
13-11-2009, 14:07
The second one has been debated many times. A way I like to look at it: Your standing in the grass walking towards pavement. You come to the edge of the pavement and your toes are touching it. You are in contact with the pavement, but your not on (within) the pavement. You are still entirerly on the grass.

DarkTerror
13-11-2009, 15:17
Correctly answered.

And wouldn't you find it rather odd if your chariot were moved inside the forest where it can't go without getting hurt?

Da GoBBo
13-11-2009, 21:09
You know, I'v been trying to prove Xragg's claim by using the wording of the spell itself, but I think I might have done the opposite. First of all, a piece of wood cannot be moved with an enemymodel partially inside the forest. Secondly, it stops ones it comes into contact with an enemy model. Is it too much of an assumption to say the first restriction is the reason why number 2 should be applied? Meaning the forest stops moving because there is an enemy model inside?

Atrahasis
13-11-2009, 21:13
Yes, its too much of an assumption.

Da GoBBo
13-11-2009, 21:22
Yeah, thought so.