PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts of me Daemons

Supreme Archon Orlok
13-11-2009, 23:35
I'm posting a list of my Nurgle and tzeentch daemons, and I want to run it past you guys, I don't want this list to be too cheesy, but I'm keeping my theme.

Oelln'noetlil’s Horde-Daemons of Chaos 2000pts

Heroes
Oelln’noetlil Sixth Proctor of Pestilence.
Herald of Nurgle-Noxious Vapours, Slime trail, Lvl. 1 wizard, Palanquin -250pts
Herald of Nurgle-Noxious Vapours, Stream of Bile, Lvl. 1 wizard-215pts
Herald of Nurgle-Soul Hunger, Slime trail, Lvl. 1 wizard-200pts

Core
19 Plaguebearers of Nurgle-228pts
18 Plaguebearers of Nurgle-216pts
18 Plaguebearers of Nurgle-216pts

Special
5 Screamers of Tzeentch-150pts
5 Screamers of Tzeentch-150pts

Rare
5 Flamers of Tzeentch-175pts
2 Beasts of Nurgle-200pts

2000pts

Is this list too "cheesy" if so can you help me tone it down, I don't want any daemon haters posting here.

I'll probably drop 2 screamers and a flamer, so I can get some command in my units.

Jind_Singh
14-11-2009, 00:04
If anything I would drop some flamers over screamers to reduce the bite of this army - overall it's ok, you have 3 heralds, no BSB, no command, no icons - so that helps.
You also have no nurglings which are nurgles greatest unit - but Im not sure about 3 blocks of Nurgle
You might want to consider swapping a herald of nurgle and his PB unit for a HoT and 10 horrors.
You could drop some magic levels on the herald as the horrors give 1, the HoT adds 2, and maybe keep your main herald of nugle as a level 1 - so only 4 lvl 1s, thats 8PD.
Dont buy the lame gifts for the HoT and your fine.
This makes it more of a combined Nurgle/Tzeentch list as opposed to just being a nurgle list with Tzeentch specials/rares.
Def too many flamers though, I think 3 is more than enough to make you happy, the opponents cringe, and keeps the list overall balanced.
Any points you got left grab basic full command for the 2 main units, and if anything you can increase the horde of screamers - those guys are cool to paint, look good, and are fun to use - and dont get the same groans of despair as the nastier nurgle/tzeentch combos

Supreme Archon Orlok
14-11-2009, 00:42
Thanks for the comments, and I've done some quick rejigging:

Heroes
Herald of Nurgle-Noxious Vapours, Slime trail, Lvl. 1 wizard, Palanquin-250pts
Herald of Nurgle-Noxious Vapours, Stream of Bile, Lvl. 1 wizard-215pts
Herald of Tzeentch-115pts

Core
19 Plaguebearers of Nurgle, Full Command-258pts
18 Plaguebearers of Nurgle, Full Command-246pts
12 Horrors-144pts

Special
6 Screamers of Tzeentch-180pts
6 Screamers of Tzeentch-180pts
3 Nurglings-105pts

Rare
3 Flamers of Tzeentch-105pts
2 Beasts of Nurgle-200pts

1998pts

Jind_Singh
14-11-2009, 05:41
yeah, you know what if anyone has an issue with this list they are insane
This is a great balanced list that shows your love of the 2 runious powers of Nurgle & Tzeentch, you will have a great looking army, and you will have to engage the Warhammer tactician brain to make the list work well, as it has inherent weakness that other players will be able to take advantage of.
Dont despair if it doesnt do too well at 1st and dont sucumb to taking power builds!!!

Take care

Supreme Archon Orlok
14-11-2009, 13:47
Thanks dude!

Fear not I only use power builds if I'm going to a tourney, as part of my school league team.

Yes I really do love Nurgle and Tzeentch, in my honest opinion they are the best chaos gods out there, although I do like Slaanesh, I'll probably post up a Slaanesh and Nurgle list and a Slaanesh and Tzeentch list, in a while.

I love painting, but I don't have enough money at the moment to buy all the paints and brushes I need, so at the moment I have a limited number of paints and two brushes.

If you didn't figure it out, I REALLY don't like Khorne, he's too "SMASH, KILL, SMASH" for my liking.

Jind_Singh
14-11-2009, 17:08
if theres a gamesworkshop near you just invest in brushes and use their paint stations - until you can get your own!
Quick tip on using the new washes - with deamons especially its good to use the washes as the bodies are mostly 1 colour.
However, the washes can leave the model looking 'shiny' so I suggest if you been having this problem just water down the wash before you apply it, this will get rid of the problem.
Have fun!