PDA

View Full Version : Remember her? (female autarch)

Necro Angelo
14-11-2009, 12:08
Some of you may remember a while back there was a thread here concerning the ebay auction of an illicit, non-GW 'female Autarch'. Well guess who was the winning bidder? (me ;)) Thank you, Warseer! Here she is in component form next to my trademark farseer and avatar (bit of a rubish picture but you'll recognise her from the auction pics):

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk211/james10492/031.jpg

So the question of 'how much did you pay for this single model?' comes to mind. The answer is 30.03 ($48 thereabouts), including postage from the states, so it is officially the most ridiculous thing I have ever bought, but hey, I'm a warhammer player:rolleyes: A fitting price I feel as supposedly according to the entry on the CCM wiki there were only 30 ever made...

I bought it for what she stands for: an original, fan made model that breaks the mould- also on the CCM wiki was a metal warlock in a pose compatible with the plastic guardian jetbike (if GW made something like this I would probably but 5 impulsively), and an exquisite dark reaper exarch with shurican cannon. this is what we need, GW!

I plan on using the spare helmet to make another custom farseer on bike, as it is very reminiscent of the farseer helmetand would make for anothr unique touch to my army. Thoughts on the model? And does anyone know who made/where the model was made?

mooserehab86
14-11-2009, 15:12
I can't tell what it looks like.

devlin
14-11-2009, 15:36
i would like to see a pic of it painted as im a bit undecided on wether i like it

Sildani
14-11-2009, 15:39
Huh, so you're the one who won it!

I have to say though, that's a pretty bad pic. It's so blurry I can't make out any details. Please try and take a better one and we might be able to better help.

EDIT: Linkage (http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Image:Custom-Female-Autarch.jpg) to the CCM Wiki page that has her.

RampagingRavener
14-11-2009, 16:06
After checking up Sildani's link, I'm afraid to say it looks pretty rubbish, IMO. The model lacks much of the elegance I'd expect to see in an Eldar miniature; the only weapon which looks much good is the axe, and as for the pose, she's just trudging forward. Sometimes it's nice to get an Eldar model that doesn't look like it's halfway through a spinning kick, but still. I don't really see anything there you couldn't get better by converting a Howling Banshee.

Necro Angelo
14-11-2009, 16:16
Yeah it is a bad pic but I did'nt think it was worth any special effort whilst its unpainted, it was basically just to prove I'm not making it up. I will of course be putting the pictures of the finished piece painted and assembled on my blog :angel:

and I agree she is'nt necessarily a 'good' sculpt, but there are only 30 of them in the world so :p

ThePope
14-11-2009, 16:22
Wait, its a crap sculpt but there only being 30 of them is meant to make that better? Ok.... It may look better painted but at the end of the day a crap sculpt is still a crap sculpt no matter how many there are.

Necro Angelo
14-11-2009, 16:23
Wait, its a crap sculpt but there only being 30 of them is meant to make that better? Ok....

to me, yeah :D

Urath
14-11-2009, 16:27
I'd say it's a great attempt by a fan to craft a unique model, regardless if it's truly good or not, it's still a great effort.

Necro Angelo
14-11-2009, 21:40
I'd say it's a great attempt by a fan to craft a unique model, regardless if it's truly good or not, it's still a great effort.

exactly why I bought her. Urath be praised, death to Laharah!

Brady
14-11-2009, 23:01
if you think its a bad model but its good because theres only thirty then why dont you keep it unassembled and it might be worth more to a collecter in the future

Whitwort Stormbringer
14-11-2009, 23:14
I think the biggest problem with the model is that the pose looks a little awkward, but stylistically she's spot-on. I also really like the crested helmet that she came with!

meno1
15-11-2009, 02:02
It is a poor sculpt, but however it is a limited edition piece and would look great painted! I'm sure a unit of striking scorpians or howling banshees - converted well, led by this model would turn a lot of heads. Heck, it'd definately turn mine:D So really the money depends on how you use it, if you do a good job with the paint work then it's a steal IMO.

shabbadoo
15-11-2009, 07:20
They'd get sued big time then. Just changing the name is not enough. Art is copyrighted too, including sculpted art, and if you create something that is almost exactly the same as something else in style and look, you are infringing on the copyright. I wonder if GW legal will go after the seller of this mini, seeing the copyright infringement here is pretty brazen. It is practically guaranteed that the seller would get reamed up one side and down the other if it went to the courts.

Sildani
20-11-2009, 14:20
Probably the last word on this, but I was looking for Autarchs and found her here (http://www.coolminiornot.com/206090). Better pics, but I'm still not sure I like her. The biggest compliment I can give her is "different", which is a true accolade.

Hadafix
20-11-2009, 16:10
Shes not a bad sculpt, and I have seen worse from GW.