PDA

View Full Version : Lizarmen magic vs VC:

kaintxu
14-11-2009, 13:32
Hi i got a game this afternoon againts VC.

I have no idea what he is playing, he usually likes the big black guard unit, with drakenhoff + 3 units of ghould + something else.

Im playing Lizarmen, With Slann, EotG, which magic should i aim for? Usually light? but i dont know if metal could do the work in case he has changed to cavalry units, plus i get the 2d6 Magic Misile, plus destroying some magic items + -1 to hit, wound and saves, so i dont know.

Could i get some advice please

Whaagnomore
14-11-2009, 15:52
From my own experiences playing vs VC using my own Lizardmen army, I find that an oldblood on carnosaur usually works better, but if you are going for a slann i would say lore of light is indeed the best overall lore. Allthouh, since there's only two really good spells in the lore for that specific matchup... you could just go without focus of mystery, instead take a plaque of tepok and try to get a mix of good stuff, starting with Light spells, then the Rule of burning iron, some death might be nice too in hopes of getting steal soul. Steal soul + Rule of burning iron + bane head = pain for vampire lords.

Enrico
14-11-2009, 16:17
You do realize that Slann can't pick spells from multiple lores anymore right? They are restricted to only a single lore with or without Focus of Mystery.

Whaagnomore
14-11-2009, 16:20
Ooops, had no idea, thanks for the heads up.

bludsturm
14-11-2009, 16:32
as a vampire player I've been brutalized in two games recently thanks to Banehead + Cupped Hands

Enrico
14-11-2009, 18:50
Banehead, Cupped Hands, Soul of Stone, Becalming Cogitation, Plaque of Domination.

Banehead their Lord. Use Cupped Hands and Soul of Stone to send out a really nasty miscast to the Baneheaded Lord.

Becalming Cogitation wrecks the one dice Invocation strategy.

The Plaque of Domination makes most of their casters Stupid which can be a huge advantage.

This Slann alone can nearly win a game against a VC army, and you still have 3 other Disciplines and 40 points of magic items to take, if you choose to.

Lord of Nonsensical Crap
14-11-2009, 19:29
Banehead, Cupped Hands, Soul of Stone, Becalming Cogitation, Plaque of Domination.

Banehead their Lord. Use Cupped Hands and Soul of Stone to send out a really nasty miscast to the Baneheaded Lord.

Becalming Cogitation wrecks the one dice Invocation strategy.

The Plaque of Domination makes most of their casters Stupid which can be a huge advantage.

This Slann alone can nearly win a game against a VC army, and you still have 3 other Disciplines and 40 points of magic items to take, if you choose to.

I've tried the Plaque of Dominion against magic-heavy vamps, and it's not that great. The high LD of the Vampires means that they'll pass their test most of the time, which means you're paying 50 points for one or two failed stupidity tests.

Enrico
14-11-2009, 19:35
The Lord is 10.

The regular Vampires (and Necromancers, if he is foolish enough to take one) have 7.

So he can either cluster around the Lord to use his Ld, in which case you win the battle for the flanks, or he will fail far more than one or two tests.