PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Dwarf perspective?

Cain-asmodeus
14-11-2009, 23:42
As a long admirer of Warhammer over the span of a decade, I do see great potential for Chaos Dwarfs, I do like to see a true sight to see in the days ahead, however in order to give more flare to these CD I would like to give a few thoughts. Thou im still hoping to influence the CD world, these are simply thoughts id come accross, and hoping for a perspective :)

I would enjoy seeing hobgoblins with surgical implants of proximity mines, truly the engineers could try with their genetic manipulations

maybe change the concept of hobgoblins, who could of willingly give severatude for their protection from their greenskins brethren, the benefits make them stronger than normal goblins as they would have to pull and push carts loads of material from underground refineries. perhaps some CD enjoy watching hobgoblins fighting in an arena as well, to see pit fighters and gladiators?

maybe not wolf riders, but bull riders or even lions? the plains are comonly known to have lions inhabiting those climates, and bulls aswell. wolves simply sound as if its repeating another ideaology, most people are looking for something to catch their eye, it could be interesting with bulls or lions

The automatons sound a lil hard to understand, Id simply name it Warmech or something familiar, and you could have several forms of that aswell. Perhaps a few engineer genius's developed a way to fire molten lead from walking suits to strip the metal ore off cave walls. and the other could simply be a walking behemoth with multiple weapons powered on steam and piloted by engineers. the design is totally plausible due to the machines that help astragoth around, a simply brilliant engineer could easily recreate the idea of the walking platform into a fully fledge war walker, like a medevil dreadnought.
that could not only be used for war, but also other conventional properties as strip mining.

instead of automatons unit troops, perhaps their could be Gargoyles and Golems, and even a hero class Grendel? all of them would be animated creatures where the CD have trapped souls into the very fabric of statues, bringing them to life, bound to serve their will. It would idealy reflect the manipulation of deamon infused creativity in the Hellcannon, and it would give the army another reason not to use standard orcs or goblins. the original CD book does tell of all the statues that line the cities of CD, it would seem plausible to have a use for them finally. and most plausible if perhaps gargoyles molded with different material instead of stone, maybe even meteorite?

With the Bull Centaurs, i do beleive the army can salvage the idea. the name could change to reflect their status, instead of what race they are, they act as Gatekeepers to the temples of Hashut. the image could reflect something like hellboy with horns and the lower half of a bull, or somthing like motaro off of mortal combat? interesting similarities

Last two ideas were possibly a Zepplin and the other is genetic manipulation to create a dwarf hybrid following the idea of a super soldier complex.

Zepplins would be an interesting thought for it would make sense for CD to use, they live over vast strecthes of barren wasteland and savanna, it would be ideal to create fast transportation over land by way of air ships... however its an idea, unstead of steam, it could be powered with deamonic infusion generator like the hellcannon, the interesting idea is if the ship also drop bombs, or resevoir of molten lead :)

the Mutants on the other hand, could be the genetic clones from splicing genetic material from Dwarfs, and ogres and binding them together with deamonic material to create a large dwarven hybrid, as the CD elite footsoldiers on the front line. the Soldiers would also be equiped with the most advance body armour, trained with martial combat, and to teach them how to hunt and scout. juss for a bit of flavor i could imagine these soldiers utilizing their advance body armour to become invisible but i beleive the idea would be overpowering.

ps. would anyone know where i could find a cd armylist?

Ultimate Life Form
14-11-2009, 23:59
:wtf:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143376
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230536

maybe not wolf riders, but bull riders or even lions?

I'll be hard pressed to think of something that would look even more ridiculous.

Caiphas Cain
15-11-2009, 00:00
Hmm, thanks for the... Oh, wait...

Horus38
15-11-2009, 00:47
Hmm, thanks for the... Oh, wait...

I 2nd that. Uh, I'm still not exactly sure what is trying to be communicated here, and if it's a joke or not :wtf:

Condottiere
15-11-2009, 13:43
I would enjoy seeing hobgoblins with surgical implants of proximity mines, truly the engineers could try with their genetic manipulations

maybe change the concept of hobgoblins, who could of willingly give severatude for their protection from their greenskins brethren, the benefits make them stronger than normal goblins as they would have to pull and push carts loads of material from underground refineries. perhaps some CD enjoy watching hobgoblins fighting in an arena as well, to see pit fighters and gladiators?

maybe not wolf riders, but bull riders or even lions? the plains are comonly known to have lions inhabiting those climates, and bulls aswell. wolves simply sound as if its repeating another ideaology, most people are looking for something to catch their eye, it could be interesting with bulls or lions
I honestly think that Hobgoblins are fine the way they are.

Also, Hobgoblins are probably the most sneaky and self-serving of the Orkoid races, so I feel it's unlikely that an individual thinks much of implanted proximity mines, or any other form of explosive that requires his presence when it goes off.

kingcr02
15-11-2009, 17:57
New to the game...what the heck are chaos dwarves?

Ultimate Life Form
15-11-2009, 18:00
Evil stunties, long lost but not forgotten.

Ancient army that was discontinued by GW because being overly unpopular with players. Players however saw things differently and kept the spark alive...

Check this one out:
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/

Cain-asmodeus
15-11-2009, 19:39
the idea is that hobgoblin would be subservant to CD, and to imagine CD alchemist experimenting on their slaves for the purpose of warfare is not too farfetch.

the beleif is any unruly slaves, would be cruely tested or subject to trials for the amusement of their CD masters. They would drug the subject to keep him asleep, while surgically opening the chest cavity and impanting a new device that is sensetive enough to explode on the slightest jolt or nudge. They would then stich the subject back up, carefully transport him to the training feilds and set him loose. being quite amusing to CD, as they see several of these drones detonate in tighty pack ranks of the enemy

the goal is to truely bring variety to Hobgoblin units. im a devoted fan :)