PDA

View Full Version : "Mystery" army -

undeadgoblin
15-11-2009, 10:16
I have on good word from 2 staff members from my local GW that there will be a "special" army book released next year, Q1 2010. They said it's about as hushed up as Space Hulk was before release. They also said its something new, although "old new" (i.e chaos dwarfs, dogs of war) or completely brand new is unknown to them.

A speculations as to what it could be?

Ozorik
15-11-2009, 10:19
Chaos Dwarves from forgeworld would be my guess, but Q1 seems a little early. Beastmen are scheduled for release in Q1 and I can't see another major fantasy release then. Just becasue it is 'hushed up' doesn't mean anything these days, GWs current policy is to deny all knowledge until just before release..

Wednesday Friday Addams
15-11-2009, 10:20
Fishmen who use their vast brains to find things such as the Fantasy News & Rumour Discussion stickies.

Harry
15-11-2009, 10:22
Excellent. Another "Mystery army" thread. I really love these. :D

*Grabs a beer and gets comfortable*.

BadSanta
15-11-2009, 10:32
I think you have something to say on this topic, don't you? :)

Harry
15-11-2009, 10:33
I didn't say anything about SpaceHulk.

(EDIT: Well not very much :D)

Tae
15-11-2009, 10:35
If Harry didn't say anything about Space Hulk (which was accurate) then maybe if he's not saying anything about this ...

*lets the gibbering idiots draw their own conclusions and start frothing at the mouth*

My work here is done.

Vermin-thing
15-11-2009, 10:35
I wonder how long this one will last before it implodes.

My vote is on fishmen.

The mysterious man
15-11-2009, 10:57
No fishmen! I want kislev!!!!!!!!

GuyLeCheval
15-11-2009, 11:01
Let's hope for Cathay...

PaddyF
15-11-2009, 11:06
Clearly it is a Dogs of War style army where Gay Pride regiments from multiple races band together to fight their oppressors.

Condottiere
15-11-2009, 11:14
There are some possibilities, it could be from the Ye Olde Forgeworld, which would include the accompanying range of figures, though a first quarter launch would take away from BoC.

If it does occur, the chances are May 2010 - though if it's aquatic, it's Cthulhu Crabmen.

BigRob
15-11-2009, 11:15
The return of Pygmies!

Maybe Nippon?

What do you mean the army is just made up of the new citadel giant model that they need to sell?!

Lord Malorne
15-11-2009, 11:24
Clown Fishmen, they are rampant in the chaos wastes.

Lord Malorneob ;)

The mysterious man
15-11-2009, 11:26
Amazons, (that would be cool) and maybe araby after all arabys allready been done in warmaster.

-Grimgorironhide-
15-11-2009, 11:29

Harry you can be quite evil sometimes you know.:) You love to sit there and stir the pot while the whole forum explodes with theories and thoughts once you give them a little push.:D

cheers.

Lord Malorne
15-11-2009, 11:30
GW seem to want to stay away from such archetypes, which is why I think there will never be an araby, nippon, Ind or hinterlands of Khush realease.

Lord Malorneide- ;)

Monachus
15-11-2009, 11:58
an army of egg men led by a walrus?

Warhammer Armies: coo coo ca choo?

AGC
15-11-2009, 12:18
Can't see a fishmen army, they already have dark and high elves using the sea, and as far as I know the rules don't cover fighting in/on water.

A flight based army seems much more plausible. There are already rules for flying units so it wouldn't take much to drop such an army in to the game.

Lord Malorne
15-11-2009, 12:20
Your reason for thinking that a fishmen army is unlikely is that High and Dark Elves travel by the seas?

How very odd :D.

Lord MalorneGC ;)

Whitehorn
15-11-2009, 12:22
If it was as hushed as Space Hulk, we'd know which army it was.

orlanth1000
15-11-2009, 12:24
Oh god, not another one of these?

And the worst thing is, I will get swept away in the all the mystery and rumour.

I'm such a shambles sometimes....

Condottiere
15-11-2009, 12:48
An army composed entirely of flying creatures would be impossible to corral. Not to mention a constant threat to the rear areas.

Besides, it has to both archetypical and saleable.

kaubin
15-11-2009, 13:08
Hope its fishmen, then I can give myself an excuse to buy reapers wereshark mini :D

OldMan
15-11-2009, 13:11
CHAOS DWARFS confirmed!!

Great, we all waited for it. Thank You Harry. :D

;)

Ivellis
15-11-2009, 13:15
Would anyone else seriously like a Fishmen army book? I don't think it would ever happen, but I'd buy it. And every single model released with it.

(Cthulhu army is a dream of mine. ;))

Falkman
15-11-2009, 13:49
If Fishmen were ever released I'd be all over it like a fat kid over bacon.

Bregalad
15-11-2009, 13:50

Then you should hunt down that bloke using your name who told us about Space Hulk in Watchman #2 (page 55) more than 2 years in advance (April 2007). ;)

Anyway, if this is true, it is not a Forge World Fantasy release, but a general one. I wouldn't rule out Chaos Dwarves, as they need less new units as some others, using Orks and other slaves from other ranges and maybe get additional models from FW.

Harry
15-11-2009, 14:17
That was before I knew it was supposed to be a big secret. :D

Tokamak
15-11-2009, 15:41
Kislevite fish dwarves of chaos.

warhawk95
15-11-2009, 15:54

We have a winner!!

StarFyreXXX
15-11-2009, 15:58
but remember...that's Kislevite Fish Dwarves of Chaos...in resin :)

So they'd be more detailed and very costly...

Sanjay

Tokamak
15-11-2009, 15:58
I'm not sure if I'd want to see those models in any detail at all...

spetswalshe
15-11-2009, 16:03
Fingers crossed for monkey beastmen.

bomblu
15-11-2009, 16:15
Hmm... i'm not hoping for any news till i see it :( The last time we got some decent info way-before stuf was released was the latest empire stuff. After that, all went 'hushed up' and the 1st pic i've seen of the beastmen was the cover i recieved via email not too long ago.

Quite a pity, it's got me quite in-active in warseer :p Oh well... i'll wait and see.

Though, if it's something new, i hope it's badass and v.nice model wise so i can buy myself some goodies :D

Grontik
15-11-2009, 16:19
I find the lack of fake army book covers in this thread to be disheartening. The original thread had Bears, Chuck Norris, and the FSM mock ups if I remember correctly. If we can't have the facts then comedy will have to tide us over I suppose. Oh and Araby please ... :P

Baggers
15-11-2009, 16:21
I reckon its going to be a new Deamon book :)

Though I am going to join Harry and watch how this one turns out.

bomblu
15-11-2009, 16:27
I find the lack of fake army book covers in this thread to be disheartening.

Thank God... here's hoping the thread wont get blocked cos of wishilisting and nonsense :p

I reckon its going to be a new Deamon book :)

Deamons? Unless they're going to 'down-grade' them i dont think it'll happen. And if they DO downgrade them, ppl will get pissed.

What would be nice would be integrating the new o&g (read it somewhere, not sure if it was debunked) and release some hob-goblin stuff to form some chaos dwarves. But, do we realy need another bad army which is a faction of 'Chaos'? :confused:

Condottiere
15-11-2009, 16:34
I don't see any commercial reason to renew Daemons; there might be some fundamental shift in the basic rules that might nerf them a little to a more tolerable level.

vinny t
15-11-2009, 16:47
I bet it's Chaos Dwarves.

Plagueridden
15-11-2009, 16:51
I am trying to avoid all rumours, I really would like to be surprised by GW.

But ofcourse I am very curious on what marvelous surprise they have for us waiting.

However for those interested in fishmen;

I personally would not worry to much about the fishmen.

It seems Dragonblood miniatures are covering them nicely with their upcoming "Dark Mariners".
Featuring some excellent sculpts by Dear Mr Bob Olley.

http://www.dragonbloodminis.com/leviathan_order.htm

http://www.dragonbloodminis.com/cephalid_telepath_order.htm

and some great concept art;

http://www.dragonbloodminis.com/concept_art_gallery.htm

http://www.dragonbloodminis.com/popup.htm?http://www.dragonbloodminis.com/images/Dragonblood/concepts/dagathon_mercs.jpg

http://www.dragonbloodminis.com/popup.htm?http://www.dragonbloodminis.com/images/Dragonblood/concepts/pureblood_noble.jpg

http://www.dragonbloodminis.com/popup.htm?http://www.dragonbloodminis.com/images/Dragonblood/concepts/Mariner_warriorchampion.jpg

http://www.dragonbloodminis.com/popup.htm?http://www.dragonbloodminis.com/images/Dragonblood/concepts/abomination.jpg

Tokamak
15-11-2009, 16:51
I don't see any commercial reason to renew Daemons; there might be some fundamental shift in the basic rules that might nerf them a little to a more tolerable level.

Give Nurgle and Tzeentch the same treatment and correct the astrocity of the old book.

Win - Win.

Darnok
15-11-2009, 16:56
"Something new, but 'old' new" would point towards Chaos Dwarfs or Dogs of War. So the usual suspects.

Maybe a complete revamp of something else? Ogres could be treated like that: completely new plastics, some bigger warmachines, new characters. A change of style - again. But that's just mindless speculation here. If they redo Ogres in the near future - which I hope they will before 2011 - I hope for additions, not an overhaul.

Desert Rain
15-11-2009, 17:20
I don't really care what new army it will be or if there even is one. But it will be fun to see if this thread grows as big as the old one :)

billr
15-11-2009, 18:04

I think you meant "Dogs of Kislevite fish dwarves of chaos war."

Tokamak
15-11-2009, 18:39
and of renown!

Monachus
15-11-2009, 18:51
chaos fish squats?

orlanth1000
15-11-2009, 18:59
How come in these threads, the OP always makes one post and that's it?

I always feel someone is having a laugh at our expense over these threads.

I still can't help myself and pray for Cathay/Nippon damn it!

scarletsquig
15-11-2009, 19:03
Can someone please confirm that there is at least a mystery "something" happening at some unspecified point next year?

These threads have rambled on with wishlisting and so on with no actual confirmation of this being anything other than yet another false internet rumour.

Tastyfish
15-11-2009, 19:09
Excellent. Another "Mystery army" thread. I really love these. :D

*Grabs a beer and gets comfortable*.

Didn't you start the last one?;)

Actually, you don't think that this rumour is just the realworld time delay of the last "something big is brewing that will change the face of Warhammer Fantasy forever...but I can say no more" thread? At somepoint some sociology student doing their thesis on new media needs to have a word/pie with you, the results would be fascinating.

lopezpie
15-11-2009, 19:12
cathay or arabay man im gonna pray that would be absolutely epic :)) for me

Grimstonefire
15-11-2009, 19:14
The timing of this one is... interesting.

I thought Q1 was pretty much fully booked now in terms of products from the studio? If so they would either have to throw this new book in as a second/third big product, or push the releases back a bit?

I guess another alternative could be that this is from forgeworld and doesn't have many models associated with it's initial release..? That would tie in with the release schedule as they could just devote a page to it in WD.

@undeadgoblin
Are you sure they said Q1? The rest of your post I wouldn't question, but that bit seems strange.

Ultimate Life Form
15-11-2009, 19:16
Harry, please put an end to this! Deliver us from suffering! If there is anything you can tell us... pleeeeze...

Harry
15-11-2009, 19:19
Not so much.

Sorry

(and no, Tastyfish, I did not start the last the one).

BigbyWolf
15-11-2009, 19:37
News just in: Nagash rises, performs a a raising spell of epic proportions, and a host of Necrons awakens in the depths of Mordheim (it wasn't a chunk of the moon falling after all!)...Metallic hilarity ensues!

Cain-asmodeus
15-11-2009, 20:00
Has anyone think of angels?

It would probably bring the most skeptism, and purely original idea for the game. It might also have to be set in the kingdom of ind, south of Cathay.

The other thing the list might also consist of Titans....:eek:

:angel::angel::angel:

Tastyfish
15-11-2009, 20:11
Not so much.

Sorry

(and no, Tastyfish, I absolutely did not start the last the one).

Sorry about that, didn't mean to cause any offense.

Though could have sworn it was you though, or at least seem to remember you commenting on appreciating a thread that was full of hopeful speculation rather than critisms or unfounded complaints. Think it was around when we were told there was also going to be a big reveal at the German GD that wasn't going to be Space Hulk (but then everything we were told was a lie). Or am I going completely insane (which I'm not quite willing to rule out, not the first time my wishful thinking has got the better of me when there's the sniff of warhammer seige)?

Tokamak
15-11-2009, 20:17
How come in these threads, the OP always makes one post and that's it?

I always feel someone is having a laugh at our expense over these threads.

I still can't help myself and pray for Cathay/Nippon damn it!

Shall we place bets on how many pages this one will last before it gets closed?

Cain-asmodeus
15-11-2009, 20:21
Angels have alot of variety to choose from, in myth there are nine orders to choose from. Mostly known are Angels, Archangels, Powers (Elite footsoldiers), Dominions, Cherubim (Archers), and Seraphim (the Divine Protectors). for the warhammer world has yet to see angels?

Titans would also be a great idea, for OK talk alot of the race and their skycastles, what if there were some survivors and migrated south? maybe too few of them to have an army, but probably enough to be a rare choice or lord choice?

lol hope this gives a good boost of ideas :angel:

Cain-asmodeus
15-11-2009, 20:26
I can beleive it would be a long thread.

I love creative brainstorming :evilgrin:

I really beleive it would be worth considering the possibility of Angels in the game. Id Start an angel army immeadiatly :eek:

Angels Rule hehehe:angel::angel::angel:

yabbadabba
15-11-2009, 20:29
Codex Biscuits - the new GW/McVitie's crossover

chaos0xomega
15-11-2009, 20:34
Would anyone else seriously like a Fishmen army book? I don't think it would ever happen, but I'd buy it. And every single model released with it.

(Cthulhu army is a dream of mine. ;))

If Fishmen were ever released I'd be all over it like a fat kid over bacon.

Same here.

I'm guessing its going to be Fimir

Arjuna
15-11-2009, 20:47
Present commercial and financial circumstances will dictate that the "new" fantasy army will feature power armor.

Those who are wishlisting for a new demon book need to just face the reality that the demons in their present incarnation are likely to remain in the game for the next 5 to 8 years.

Condottiere
15-11-2009, 20:49
Steampunk Gnomes? It was about time.

Cain-asmodeus
15-11-2009, 20:57
well considering the factor of another deamon army is quite relatively low....since their is one already

The fishman army.... or Merfolk ideaology can be a well devised army, if you allowed for the story/background to be feilded on land. Another issue would be is where would they be based, like an underwater city somewhere?

DOW would be a good choice, they have lots of stories out there to compliment the army, a new approach could bring them more appeal.

Chaos dwarves, i do imagine forge world could be working on that, so i doubt the mystery army is them

I would like to beleive an armylist consisting of angels, and Titans. there is alot of material to base the idea. another is that it would be new aspect for the warhammer world

:angel::angel:

Kamenwati
15-11-2009, 21:05
Or, and not to be a naysayer or anything, maybe they could update one of thier existing armies rather then introduce a new one.

That'd be my preference, but I am biased with playing Tomb Kings. :P

Dai-Mongar
15-11-2009, 21:07
Standing by for Warhammer Armies: The Moot. :p

mr.kislev
15-11-2009, 21:11
No fishmen! I want kislev!!!!!!!!

If it was anounced kislev and new models came out i would be broke in a week.

Cain-asmodeus
15-11-2009, 21:12
the moot would be fun...to squish hehehe

an army of halflings and their hot pots.... yummy

it would be interesting :evilgrin:

its most likely going to be a current army with a new book. (BoC and TK)

but i wonder if they shall surprize us with a "mystery" army hehehehe

I vote for Angels :angel::angel::eek:

Dai-Mongar
15-11-2009, 21:17
Hot Pot weapon teams! Not to mention the mighty Barbecue of Power, which can drive nearby units of Halfling warriors into a frenzy with the intoxicating aroma of char-grilled sausages.

Zaonite
15-11-2009, 21:44
I dont want to see any more human armies. There are enough already.

I could see it being either Chaos Dwarfs or Wood Elves.

Chaos Dwarfs need to be formalised into a book again and WE just need updating.

Dai-Mongar
15-11-2009, 21:53
I dont want to see any more human armies. There are enough already.

I could see it being either Chaos Dwarfs or Wood Elves.

Chaos Dwarfs need to be formalised into a book again and WE just need updating.

Why do WE need an update? Other armies have been out longer, and I thought they were still a strong army.
In all seroiusness, I would like to see Chaos Dwarfs. They have references in almost every 7th edition army book so they're not getting "Squatted". How long must we wait?!

outbreak
15-11-2009, 21:57
I think the op's post is actually still beastmen, the GW email i got mentions it's getting rid of all the old stuff and bringing in new stuff and says this is their first real individual army book.

Whitehorn
15-11-2009, 22:02
I find the lack of fake army book covers in this thread to be disheartening. The original thread had Bears, Chuck Norris, and the FSM mock ups if I remember correctly. If we can't have the facts then comedy will have to tide us over I suppose. Oh and Araby please ... :P

Go on then!

http://fulgrim.com/minis/wha-mermen.gif

bomblu
15-11-2009, 22:15
Dogs of war...how i WISH they could at least come up with a White Dwarf codex or something. I'm the kind of guy who gets tired of painting the same thing (like my current empire army - get tired of the uniforms) so a DOW army would be unbelievably amazing. I could buy different units from different armies...

oh well i must stop wishlisting :p

As for 1st part 2010, one can only hope ;)

Dai-Mongar
15-11-2009, 22:18
I think the op's post is actually still beastmen, the GW email i got mentions it's getting rid of all the old stuff and bringing in new stuff and says this is their first real individual army book.

I suppose that's a valid interpretation. The BoC book is really only half an army, and GW employees are liable to exaggerate some things.

Lusall
15-11-2009, 22:28

You're a terrible person. :P

Cain-asmodeus
15-11-2009, 23:02
im still hoping for Angels and Titans

Putty
15-11-2009, 23:16
space marines for fantasy.

Kiyo
15-11-2009, 23:19
Want Cathay! :cries:

outbreak
15-11-2009, 23:33
I suppose that's a valid interpretation. The BoC book is really only half an army, and GW employees are liable to exaggerate some things.

Yeah to me it's not going to be the first BoC book but that's how it's worded in the newsletter i got from them...

Cain-asmodeus
16-11-2009, 00:20
the BOC could defintly be there own army, Simply put in a few more options for them, possibly new units than whats in the WOC list.

I hope to see an archer unit of Gorgons, that would be sweet, 32" range with longbows hehehe. sorta like that one movie CLash of the Titans

Monachus
16-11-2009, 01:17
Coming to a Games Workshop near you soon, soon-ish, eventually, maybe, possibly, at some point after Dark Eldar

Warhammer Armies: The Invisible Horde = £15

Invisible Archers - pack of 12 = £18
Invisible Samurai - pack of 2 = £9
Invisible Giant = £32
Invisible Emperor Dragon = £60
Invisible Hero On Emu = £8

Invisible Painting Guide = £18

Justicar_Freezer
16-11-2009, 01:58
Well just cause I want to jump on the mystery army thread for fun and such. I think it'd be great if it was Either Dogs of War or Kislev. If it was Kislev I'd be rolling up the sleeves and wading into collecting another fantasy army.

Vermin-thing
16-11-2009, 05:24
On second thought my vote is on fungus, and mushroom people.

Condottiere
16-11-2009, 06:19
We have those already - we tend to paint them green.

EdFireborn
16-11-2009, 06:19
Anyone saying Kislev may not be too far off....

The Red Scourge
16-11-2009, 06:41
Clearly it is a Dogs of War style army where Gay Pride regiments from multiple races band together to fight their oppressors.

Rainbow Warriors :D

Errh wait, thats a space marine chapter :p

Lusall
16-11-2009, 08:41
im still hoping for Angels and Titans

Me too actually! I've always liked the idea of a High Men/Archon army, if you've ever played Age of Wonders...

Think it would be interesting.

OldMan
16-11-2009, 16:48
but i wonder if they shall surprize us with a "mystery" army hehehehe

I vote for Angels :angel::angel::eek:

Given how many different, crazy weird, unprobable guesses there was, we can safely assume that at least one person besides Harry will not be suprised by the new army :)

But seriously, i think it will be chaos dwarfs. It is the least unprobable army around. Okham's Razor.

Grimthug
16-11-2009, 17:10
Anyone saying Kislev may not be too far off....

KISLEV! I just hope that any of the new figs will at least somewhat match up with the older ones as I have finally acquired enought for a large force.

I think you know more, please save me from doing real work on a Monday. :-)

Cain-asmodeus
16-11-2009, 18:18
the ironic part is if they released the book as "Mystery Legion"

roll a dice and hope you get a awesome choice of characters and units lol :eek::eek:

:angel:
other than that id Really like to see an all flying army, An Angel list could definetly accomplish that, and the interesting part is a units flying in formation. ..... but it in order to keep it balanced and fair, they could reduce the range of flight by 10" (as they may also carry heavy armor)

BigbyWolf
16-11-2009, 18:52
the ironic part is if they released the book as "Mystery Legion"

roll a dice and hope you get a awesome choice of characters and units lol :eek::eek:

other than that id Really like to see an all flying army, An Angel list could definetly accomplish that, and the interesting part is a units flying in formation. ..... but it in order to keep it balanced and fair, they could reduce the range of flight by 10" (as they may also carry heavy armor)

Dude...seriously...enough with the angels!

It's blasphemy to us atheists!

yabbadabba
16-11-2009, 19:18
Warhammer Armies: Jam

Marauder Carl
16-11-2009, 19:19

Oh man that was me with Norris & FSM... I'm getting low in my fake covers folder, better get to work...

Thank God... here's hoping the thread wont get blocked cos of wishilisting and nonsense :p

on second thought :D

I missed a few pages, so forgive me if the obligatory Fimir wish-listing has already been mentioned (not that I'm really wanting them, just sticking to protocol).

EDIT:
I'm guessing its going to be Fimir
Caught it one page back, [snaps fingers]... Zoats?

P.S. Plagueridden- those dragonblood minis are great! Thanks for the link!

Bdt501
16-11-2009, 19:43
an army of giants would be cool like the upgrade to ogres. with all different types of giants to represent all the different races

martijn
16-11-2009, 19:57
no no no!!!

are you all blind?:p

Araby ofcourse!!:D

well among the posseble i guess, i mean, warmaster has araby models, why not fantasy,

Cacodemon
16-11-2009, 19:58
I'm guessing Cathayan flying poisonous spider monkeys. There's so much scope to go anywhere with them.

Monachus
16-11-2009, 23:03
Warhammer Armies: Jam

oh they would love that, 300 different varities using the same models :D

Zoolander
16-11-2009, 23:38

LOL! That made me choke with laughter!

jthdotcom
16-11-2009, 23:46
A freind of mine, ex store manager, has seen chaos dwarf models in a recent studio visit...

outbreak
17-11-2009, 00:07
didn't forgeworld confirm awhile back they are making the chaos dwarf models?

Aratus
17-11-2009, 00:55
Its going to be the army of Sea People.

What would be more freighting than an army with ranks of Sea Men with spears ready to thrust forward into action? How about a Sea Men Gunline with so many Sea Men shooting into the face of your army!

Id continue but I feel my point has been made. Making an army like this is asking for someone to show up with something like that.

Instead of a new army book I feel like they should fix the ones we have first! Im looking at you Ogres :evilgrin:

Ivellis
17-11-2009, 01:36

What would be more freighting than an army with ranks of Sea Men with spears ready to thrust forward into action? How about a Sea Men Gunline with so many Sea Men shooting into the face of your army!

Id continue but I feel my point has been made. Making an army like this is asking for someone to show up with something like that.

Instead of a new army book I feel like they should fix the ones we have first! Im looking at you Ogres :evilgrin:

Which is why it would be called Fishmen, not Sea Men.

Condottiere
17-11-2009, 01:42
That would depend on whether he's punning.

H33D
17-11-2009, 01:59
Dogs of War would make the most sense. Kislev and Chaos Dwarfs would both be a close second.

Lusall
17-11-2009, 03:16
Dogs of War would make the most sense. Kislev and Chaos Dwarfs would both be a close second.

They should after the baddassness of their actions during the SoC!

Wakerofgods
17-11-2009, 03:29
I doubt it will be a new army, especially not ANOTHER human army (what do we have so far? DOW, empire, brets, chaos warriors). I think it will be either chaos dwarves or dogs of war.

Bard Harlock
17-11-2009, 03:39
It should be a new army. It should have nothing to do with Chaos. No humans. In fact, no anything that has even been mentioned in the history of Warhammer. I have two words for all of you:

Sentient Killer Penguinses!!11!!

Vermin-thing
17-11-2009, 03:45
We have those already - we tend to paint them green.

No no, not orcs, but humanoid mushrooms, and plants. I remember seeing a funny picture in one of the D&D monster manuals.

This comes to mind:
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn182/Mal-Amor/myconid.jpg

Bard Harlock
17-11-2009, 03:55
Myconids were a lot of fun when I first saw them. I want something different though. I can see living fungus as part of Wood Elves without a need to make them their own army. Really, Halflings are all that is "missing" from GW army lines in so far as Tolkien-esque fantasy is concerned.

Frep
17-11-2009, 03:58
Dark Eldar, because they've given up trying to get them a codex in 40k they've been shifted to fantasy. It fits the old but new philosphy.

Old because well its dark eldar, and new as I'm gonna to blast your poncy dragon with a dark lance! PEW PEW ZZAPP!!! And then I'm gonna fly away on this hover board I stole from Marty McFly back in the 80's

Cain-asmodeus
17-11-2009, 04:48
I like angels and theres lots of fellow players at our local hub who would enjoy fighting angels :evilgrin:

.....not to mention Titans

who knows the There could be a floating Skycastle out there, unreachable by ogre hands, and the fortress migrated south. An old remenant of the Old ones perhaps

They would have powers like the ancient folklore of Greece, creating possible Collosus 5 times the size of giants, to protect the fortress :p

Gabacho Mk.II
17-11-2009, 04:51
A freind of mine, ex store manager, has seen chaos dwarf models in a recent studio visit...

If all of this "hype" is for Chaos Dwarfs, GW has something coming. :rolleyes:

If it is Chaos Dwarves, then I can't see the sales being higher than what Ogre Kingdoms did when they came out. (ie: nothing drastic, merely a pip in the GW money radar screen)

Here is to hoping it is something OTHER than Chaos Dwarfs.

[lets think of Cathay, Ind, Nippon,... heck, an army from the Southlands!]

InsideReticle
17-11-2009, 04:54
I don't want any more armies. *gasp*

Digital~Punk
17-11-2009, 05:19
I don't want any more armies. *gasp*

I agree, personaly I would like to see more new models for existing armys:)

ZeroTwentythree
17-11-2009, 05:34
Even conservatively gauging the thread, it went from Rumor to Wishlisting in only about 40 minutes. What's the Warseer record?

:eek: :D

Haha. Nice.

Typical post Sea People night at the local game store... "So Bob, are you planning on playing with your Sea Men tonight?"

Harry
17-11-2009, 06:01

Id continue but I feel my point has been made.
Ohhhh I think we should ram it home. :D

"What would be more frightening"????

Being out flanked and taken from the rear by the Sea Men. :eek:

ZeroTwentythree
17-11-2009, 06:08

Ouch! :eek:

That sounds like it should require a panic check!

speedygogo
17-11-2009, 06:08
That's too funny Harry!

Harry
17-11-2009, 06:13
I'm here all week. :D

orlanth1000
17-11-2009, 06:54

"What would be more frightening"????

Being out flanked and taken from the rear by the Sea Men. :eek:

Oh no you didn't :cries:

I have a friend I played cricket with 6'10, massive guy, very gay.Some of the stories he gave us......very frightning....:eek:

Back on topic, Is your lack of comment on said topic mean any thing big guy? :D
( Mystery army that is...ha! :D)

Harry
17-11-2009, 07:25
Oh no you didn't :cries:

I'm afraid I couldn't help myself. Puerile is my middle name.

Cricket? Thats the game where grown men dress up in pyjamas? More of a rugby man myself. :D

ON TOPIC

There is all sorts of "Mystery projects" on the go.
Most stuff beyond March is a "mystery" to most people.
I have heard snippets about new armies.
I have heard snippets about old (forgotten) armies.

I haven't heard anything about anything on this timescale.

Thats all I really want to say about this as clearly it is still a ways off and somebody wants it all to be a big secret and I don't want to be the one to spoil their fun.

Ultimate Life Form
17-11-2009, 07:34
You mean such a big mystery as Space Hulk?

June:

BEHOLD!

Limited Edition Chaos Dwarves available today! Buy them now! What, you don't have the money on you? What a shame, as tomorrow, we'll lock them away again...

July:

Oh no...

Chaos Dwarves flopped again! No one wants to buy them! Surely they are the most unpopular army ever! That's it guys, no more support for CD from us...

Ozorik
17-11-2009, 07:44

There aren't that many 'forgotten' armies, although I suppose it depends on what is classed as an army.

Chaos Dwarves - forgeworld
DoW - don't fit in with the current fantasy ethos, apparently
Nagashizzar (sp?) - yes please (it would even get me interested in undead again, somethng which VC fail to do)
Fimir - unlikely
Other minor factions like Norse Dwarves - I cant see it happening.

My money is on the return of the clown of death.

bomblu
17-11-2009, 07:56
There is all sorts of "Mystery projects" on the go.
Most stuff beyond March is a "mystery" to most people.
I have heard snippets about new armies.

Before getting all excited, it could be they're re-doing tomb kings or something which still needs the re-vamp. Snippets probably doesnt mean there's going to be more than one army so the 'most we can hope for' would be a brand new army and something which hasnt been seen for a while, i'm assuming the same way Wood Elves came back into fantasy after years and years of 'no-update' stuff.

A new army COULD be supported by the 8th ed rules (possibly, why they're going to fix them when they seem pretty ok to me as they are now) OR they could be part of a new campaign (Same way Vostrojan came as an army for Medua V if i'm not mistaken). They're like... the kislev of the future or something :angel:

Kornath
17-11-2009, 07:56
I could imagine they'd make an insect like army, but that's just my 2 cents on the topic. That would be interesting imo, having over sized insects charging your opponent.

Although leadership and such would require some serious work..

snurl
17-11-2009, 07:58
Must...wait....and....see....

Stumpy
17-11-2009, 08:13
Chaos dwarves is too optimistic. I think dogs of war is a possibility... after all, if they released models and made their rules reasonable, almost every army would use them. That's a lot of models sold. Of course it would suck if we then saw DoW units filling every armies weakness (or taken as a concession, in the case of daemons/vampires/dark elves).

Fenrir
17-11-2009, 09:18
Can we drop the whole 'BoC' thing now? It's called Warhammer Armies: Beastmen.

Not until the new BoC book is released.

Dai-Mongar
17-11-2009, 10:16
I assume that if DoW make a comeback, it will be as their own army. No taking their units in other armies (or maybe a couple of select units).
Chaos Dwarfs are more likely than you think. They're still mentioned in most army books, and their fluff is quite unique.

Daniel36
17-11-2009, 10:21
Didn't bother to go through all 7 pages, but are we really wishlisting 7 pages long about some mystery army for which a thread was already created and I guess blocked half a year ago?

Seriously guys, just paint your miniatures. You all know you still have way too much unpainted stuff lying about. No point in wishing for your next grey horde.

Dai-Mongar
17-11-2009, 10:49
Didn't bother to go through all 7 pages, but are we really wishlisting 7 pages long about some mystery army for which a thread was already created and I guess blocked half a year ago?

Seriously guys, just paint your miniatures. You all know you still have way too much unpainted stuff lying about. No point in wishing for your next grey horde.

Party pooper! Speculation and wishlisting are all we know.

Leogun_91
17-11-2009, 11:08
Personally I wouldn't be suprised by pirates (either Harkons lads which would be really awesome or Sartosa which is really to small for an army of their own but written as a faction itself on the collectors range)....saying that I think Kislev would be a smart move, there are many models done allready so it doesn't require as much effort as say fishmen, araby and cathay.

phoenixlaw
17-11-2009, 11:13
I'm pretty certain that Forgeworld are releasing a fantasy rules book early next year (in the vein of Imperial Armour)

January sounds a little soon though.

Bregalad
17-11-2009, 11:24

Well, the French made an AT-43 army named COGS ;)

bomblu
17-11-2009, 11:33
Well, the French made an AT-43 army named COGS ;)

Well the AT-43 Cogs are like 'the French Tau'... IF gw had to 'copy' the Rackham stuff, it'd be a bit sad :( (unless they're something like the Wolfen, but nicer and cheaper :rolleyes:)

orlanth1000
17-11-2009, 11:41
Well the AT-43 Cogs are like 'the French Tau'... IF gw had to 'copy' the Rackham stuff, it'd be a bit sad :( (unless they're something like the Wolfen, but nicer and cheaper :rolleyes:)

Actually Wolfen isn't a bad idea.
Would never happen with no previous fluff, and is probably too close to beastmen, but Pallidium have them going well as a race in their RPG.

Next year is so close it hurts with expectation, they need to breathe new life into the game, and I hope this is exactly what is coming.

What's up with Harry and his dislike of pyjama's? I guess that is what happens when you support the english rugby team, it makes you go loco :eek::D

bomblu
17-11-2009, 17:46
Next year is so close it hurts with expectation, they need to breathe new life into the game, and I hope this is exactly what is coming.

Same. I find WH:Fantasy got 'stuck in a certain point' where, even with new rulebooks, the game is essentially the same. Now i'm not a rules-guy and i havent read the full ruleset, but there isnt a lot of variation in gamplay, both rulewise and armywise.

Even though i'd love to see a new army, i'd rather see them focus on a book with many scenario rules, tweaks to the current army lists for more balanced games etc.

Back on topic...mystery army :rolleyes:

shinankoku
17-11-2009, 18:06
You know, it wouldn't be with gw's time to do Cathy, Nippon, Ind, or Araby. So, here's my idea - Warhammer: Armies of the East. One box set with a limited run. A list for all four armies, with enough models for a complete small army. The basic troopers and cav would be the same figs, with gubbins to make them different. Then gw could release a few different models for some rares to fill them out (orinetal dragans, djinns, oni, elephants, etc)

Just my $.02 :)

bomblu
17-11-2009, 22:21
One box set with a limited run.

I dont think you can consider it a good way to sell an 'army.' If you sell a limited ammount of a certain model, yes maybe, a boardgame would work that way fine. But an army?

Man...this thing gets even more mysterious by every post :D

puppetmaster24
17-11-2009, 22:30
is this the long awaited troll army.

todays game is spot what i think.

Grimstonefire
17-11-2009, 22:49
Just to point out here something that has been mentioned before a few times (and not just by me). At games day I was told that the other armies that had not been done yet (cathay/ nippon etc) had a very good chance of being released some day. I said this in one of the games day threads here at the time.

Bear in mind that fantasy forgeworld will be the ones doing this, and these sorts of things will be projects they are probably working on already (if they have a lead time of 2 years say, which is probably more than they need for a range of resin). A division entirely focused on producing bits for ranges will probably want to get the army lists out fairly soon (to give them ranges to add to, and so some sneaky gits don't mess up their IP plans). Q1 would be really fast work... Unlikely imo.

So any rumours you hear about those sorts of armies should be taken with less salt than you might imagine. In fact over on warhammer empire a guy who happens to also be a member here posted on the forum that he had seen some cathayan/ nipponese sculpts.

Many people have said (quoting GW staff) that some sort of chaos dwarfs are high on the list of fantasy forgeworld.

For those who have not read this before it may be interesting, but nothing that has not already been said before by others. Nothing really new, just joining the dots for people who weren't aware. ;)

Gabacho Mk.II
17-11-2009, 23:16
You know, it wouldn't be with gw's time to do Cathy, Nippon, Ind, or Araby. So, here's my idea - Warhammer: Armies of the East. One box set with a limited run. A list for all four armies, with enough models for a complete small army. The basic troopers and cav would be the same figs, with gubbins to make them different. Then gw could release a few different models for some rares to fill them out (orinetal dragans, djinns, oni, elephants, etc)

Quite a neat idea! :)

I would bet that if GW ever made such an offering, it would be sold out within a week. Honestly.

Armies of the East... I would go broke several times over. (mortgage included)

Dai-Mongar
17-11-2009, 23:41
A Forgeworld Chaos Dwarf army would be encouraging. It would cost the left half of my body to get an entire army, but GW do sometimes release Forgeworld stuff for real, so if they become popular who knows...

Monachus
18-11-2009, 22:05
is this the long awaited troll army.

todays game is spot what i think.

an army of trolls?,
are we talking big green trolls or the kind that sit at their p.c.'s saying such crap as "yeah, I totally pwned your ass, you stupid noob!"

ChaosVC
19-11-2009, 03:45
Mystry army? Chaos Elves? Surely if you have Chaos Warriors who are humans and Chaos Dwarfs in the fluffy world of Warhammer, you must have Chaos elves! Dark elves don't count they are not evil, just emo and agro but most importantly, they are not spikey enuff!

Dai-Mongar
19-11-2009, 05:28
Mystry army? Chaos Elves? Surely if you have Chaos Warriors who are humans and Chaos Dwarfs in the fluffy world of Warhammer, you must have Chaos elves! Dark elves don't count they are not evil, just emo and agro but most importantly, they are not spikey enuff!

Coz there isn't a cult of Slaanesh in Naggaroth at all... ;)

ChaosVC
19-11-2009, 05:41
Coz there isn't a cult of Slaanesh in Naggaroth at all... ;)

What cult of slannesh?! Storm of Chaos never existed! Blasphemy! :angel:

Dai-Mongar
19-11-2009, 06:15
What cult of slannesh?! Storm of Chaos never existed! Blasphemy! :angel:

I know how you feel, believe me! I wasn't trying to refer to that travesty. :p
I just meant that the "Cult of Pleasure" is an established part of their background.

wolf40k
19-11-2009, 06:48
This shall be the new army book cover.

New Army Book Cover (http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/6055/pokemonabi.jpg)

EdFireborn
19-11-2009, 07:33
In all likelyhood,

Any new army will be done by the forgeworld fantasy arm, maybe with a GW printed book and some core units and a couple of characters available in stores.

Chaos Dwarfs
Kislev
Far East
Araby
Dogs of War
Ind

are all likely once the FW division starts up.

Dai-Mongar
19-11-2009, 07:42
this shall be the new army book cover.

new army book cover (http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/6055/pokemonabi.jpg)

omgwtfbbq!!1!
They're ruining warhammer why would they do that

ChaosVC
19-11-2009, 08:22
Not really, pokeman makes more money then warhammer, so from a different perspective it can be regarded as an upgrade, honest.:D

wolf40k
19-11-2009, 08:32
Not really, pokeman makes more money then warhammer, so from a different perspective it can be regarded as an upgrade, honest.:D

my thoughts exactly;)
gotta catch(buy) them all..

Vashanesh
19-11-2009, 08:56
Daemons....of LAW :D everyone seems to have forgotten them....

or, if its in the vein of spacehulk, maybe something like warhammer quest, not an army as such, but something far better for sales in some ways as it will make people want to buy minis from lotsa diff armies.

Bregalad
19-11-2009, 09:36
Daemons....of LAW :D everyone seems to have forgotten them....
Target customers are children, so that would rule out an army of lawyers. Too scary ;)

Phelix
19-11-2009, 11:22
Should be an "Armies of the East" a sort of compilation book of Chaos Dwarves, Ogre Kingdoms, Cathay, Nippon & any other eastern nations.... so what if there aren't that many battle between Cathay & The Empire, there aren't that many battles between Lizardmen & Ogres are there?

but thats just my hope....

really anything will be interesting to fight against

also in addition to armies of the east a "Old World Revisited" would be nice, with Araby, Tilea, Dogs of War & Fluff for the Border Princes

Memnos
19-11-2009, 11:33
If we're going to make guesses based upon our current knowledge, we know a few things:

1) Warhammer Fantasy is being released next year.

2) Next year is the 'Year of cavalry'.

3) They have not released Ogres in this edition, nor have they released Dogs of War or Chaos Dwarfs or Tomb Kings or Brettonia.

If I were to guess, I would say Brettonia is the most likely, considering it's the year of Cavalry and Brettonia hasn't been released in this edition.

Bloodknight
19-11-2009, 11:35
I still hope for DoW, maybe from WFB FW. After all, the 40K FW basically started out with soemthing like Dogs of War for Imperial Guard and Space Marines ^^.

Max_Killfactor
19-11-2009, 12:34
I'm hoping for Cat people.

I think it's Cathay.

It would be cool if it was Cat people from Cathay.

No, I am not a furry irl, I just like cats.

Bloodknight
19-11-2009, 14:45
God, no! Not cat people. One of the most redeeming features of WFB for me was always the absence of cat people.

Lord Solar Plexus
19-11-2009, 14:50
God, no - think about the furniture!

wilsongrahams
19-11-2009, 15:09
Maybe it will be a double-army book and include DOGS of war in the literal sense as a second list to Cats?

Col. Frost
19-11-2009, 15:21
Speaking of cat people, i managed to source this army book cover!

Be afraid.... VERY afraid...

The SkaerKrow
19-11-2009, 15:26
Duh, obvious bit of Photoshopping there. If it were the official army book, it'd be Hello Kitty of Chaos, naturally. :D

Midevil216
19-11-2009, 16:06
[QUOTE=puppetmaster24;4136421]is this the long awaited troll army.

Can't the new WoC army be a "Troll" army with that special chatacter troll that makes chaos trolls core, or something like that?

Tsar Vladimir
19-11-2009, 16:06
i want a kislev army too ....

The mysterious man
19-11-2009, 16:42
Ooo how about Fimir?

Max_Killfactor
19-11-2009, 17:18
Speaking of cat people, i managed to source this army book cover!

Be afraid.... VERY afraid...

Badass. Skaven beware...

~Aura~
19-11-2009, 19:04
Well, there's a lot of referenced races with no/few models that would make a good basis for a real army list. However, ones with models in the past (if not full lists) seem more likely. That leads to:

-Hobgoblins (unlikely, too similar to OnG and not much scope beyond masses of wolf riders)
-Dogs of War (unlikely as they were only cut fairly recently)
-Fimir (unlikely as GW wants a child-friendly image, and their background won't cut it, although a rewrite is possible they'll just end up as swamp ogres)
-Chaos Dwarves (GW could be releasing an official book to go with the Fantasy Forgeworld stuff or make the plastic troop kits and have Forgeworld Fantasy do the big stuff)
-Zoats (unlikely, only ever had a handful of figures/troop types and I don't think they were very popular)
-Amazons (they have a Mordheim warband which I suppose counts for something, could have a new playstyle which would be like a mix of WE/Lizards with some HE mixed in)
-Halflings (possible, although they might not gel well with the grimdark in the game now)
-Kislev (they have also had a Mordheim warband, Warmaster army and several WFB units, but their country no longer exists - or does it, I don't keep up with the background as GW feels they can erase whatever whenever)
-Nippon (I know they had a rocket launcher figure in a really old edition, and some other stuff too I think, some good scope for a force but unless the oriental myth aspect is heavy people might not welcome another mostly human force, lots of myths to draw from though)
-Araby (they had their Warmaster army, this seems to be the strongest evidence apart from Kislev, did the Warmaster stuff sell well ?)

Might have missed some, but these are the ones I can think of now. Cathay etc all have a chance but since they haven't had models before

yabbadabba
19-11-2009, 19:15
@ Aura Good options are:
Amazons - would fit in with Dark Elves, Lizards and Skaven
Kislev - they were only redone for SoC

Possibles are:
CD and Hobgoblins - might be same army list
DoW - GW know they will be popular and they could get 3 or 4 very popular plastics out of it straight up.

Outside:

Nippon and Araby - Araby has a better chance because of Empire and Tomb Kings, but not as much as the others. Nippon would be great but GW have had some IP issues with these in the past which has lead to projects getting scrapped

Fimir and Zoats - nope. Loved to see them but they would never be a "major" army.

Bloodknight
19-11-2009, 19:23
DoW - GW know they will be popular and they could get 3 or 4 very popular plastics out of it straight up.

Pikemen! Crossbows and Pavises....*dream*

yabbadabba
19-11-2009, 19:27
Pikemen! Crossbows and Pavises....*dream*
Pikeman
Crossbows (Empire crossover there)
Heavy Cav (empire Crossover)
Ogres (Chaos and Ogre crossovers)

Dai-Mongar
19-11-2009, 20:35
Craaaaab people...
Craaaaab people...
Walk like crab, taste like people...

Monachus
19-11-2009, 21:14
Craaaaab people...
Craaaaab people...
Walk like crab, taste like people...

unlikely to have problems with being outflanked then.....

Cain-asmodeus
20-11-2009, 01:17
Quote "Daemons....of LAW everyone seems to have forgotten them...."

Its quite obvious, Angels would best suit that title.

Upon hearing that GW wants a 'child friendly' environment, Angels would be the ideal creature to help create that sort of atmosphere.

There is alot of ways Angels can be introduced into the world of men. I know the ability is possible, since their is a 40k counterpart in the sisters of battle.

Cain-asmodeus
20-11-2009, 01:19
One example of introducing them is to use the skycastles of the Titans.

Perhaps not all of them were destroyed, and one scycastle could float in the air and escape the impending doom from the ogres.

This would also confer that there is ancient technology still abroad the castle, and it is easy to assume if the floating city were to land near the kingdom of Ind or any other eastern city, that they would have a large following.

Angels could emerge from the ancient portals in the city, for the ancients could have made a last ditched effort to reconnect with outside world?

wolf40k
20-11-2009, 01:20
People are talking about a Child Friendly/Grim dark atmosphere.:wtf: Am I missing something?

ChaosVC
20-11-2009, 01:30
People are talking about a Child Friendly/Grim dark atmosphere.:wtf: Am I missing something?

Well Warhammer world is Da high fantasy of dark fantasy of Dark Fantasy world. Good guys always win, bad guys always lose, and even if the bad guy win, a random orc is going to beat him down and walk away wearing sun shades and a sweeping coat John Woo style... Its called Stomp of Khaoz.

Cain-asmodeus
20-11-2009, 03:45
Yeah, i remember them taking the nice looking deamonettes from last edition completly away.....even tho they had a nice veiw to them, i liked the models alot. I do beleive it was done so to find an appropriate way of getting younger fanbase.

I wonder if FW could make an Angel & Titan fantasy army :p

Lusall
20-11-2009, 03:54

But Demons arn't? ;-)

Not to mention all the other religious undertones of the game.

ChaosVC
20-11-2009, 04:36
I am atheist, I love demons and angles, they can be sexy you know? But I always wonder how we can get on with Pretty Angles you know, their Wings may get in the way. As for demons, I can get use to them as long as they don't try to eat me. Sadly they are but fairy tales....now I am a sad panda awwwww...:angel:

bomblu
20-11-2009, 20:31
After all this wishlisting, all we need is another guy posting the crabmen pic here again and this thread gets banned :p

There are quite a few armies in fantasy so coming up with another one (in the same edition? we already got 'deamons' who were a form of new army for 7th) this time round is a bit 'strange' in my opinion. The best way to sell a new army would be putting it in the starter set...

... could it be? :D

EDIT:

This looked interesting, though some claim this info to be old-ish. If they had to make another undead army, i'm hoping it'd be inpired by that WD samurai-skeleton guy thing :p

Hi all,

i had a nice Chat with Phil Kelly during GD Germany and asked him what is going to happen to the Master Necromancers which where dropped in the new Army Book of Vampire Counts. I told him that in my humble opinion it is a shame that Special Characters like Heinrich Kemmler which is a Special Char since first Edition were dropped out of the Army List. He agreed that many People in the Studio felt the same. I asked him if they would return with Tomb Kings which he denied. On my demand if we could expect a 3rd Undead Army he confirmed that it is a possiblity. This would have several Advantages for GW. Background Special Characters Magic Lore and a lot of the Army Sculpts are already developed. I know that it is a shot far into the Future bit i would like to hear your Opinion on this. :skull:

Cain-asmodeus
21-11-2009, 00:16
I could give a whole army list of choices for an angel list, myself and a few others thought about it after playin a battle. its juss a list of what would be a dream list or wishlisting

Agnar the Howler
21-11-2009, 00:22
My guess is pacifists.

Cain-asmodeus
21-11-2009, 00:26
Lords

Titans
the same race of creature that inhabited the mountains of mourn, now revered as deities in myth. Visually 3 to 6 times the height of giants

Archangels
the highest leadership angel, they lead armies and forsee over the nation

Amazon Queen
A reveared female human warrior, the leader of the temple. got the idea from mordheim where the females are the dominant in the society

Heroes

The young adolesant children of the Titans, would be less revered, but as powerful as their parents. ( a good visual would be of greek mythology, aswell as god of war)

Dominions
(angel) Holds the task of regulating the duties of lower angels, it is with extreame conditions were the dominions make their presence felt.

Amazon Princess
An amazing female warrior, that leads her women into battle. the most experienced and discipline women warriors are given the title.

Oracle
(angel) Shown wearing a crown and carrying a scepter. their duty is to follow dominions order's to oversee groups of people. They are known to inspire humans to do great things. they would act like the BsB

Core

Angel Soldiers
Flying unit with heavy armour, and spears. they are the lowest class of angels, the grunts. however i would beleive their flying would be affected by their armour

Amazon Warriors
The fighting class of the society, Mostly consisting of women, men are too few in number to defend the homeland. their warfare also consists of scouting and guerilla tactics.

Sentinels
(angel) They are living symbols of justice and authority. They come closset of all angels to spiritual perfection, they are able to dispense justice with perfect clarity, and without fear. They are reflected with pure energy and that only their armour is visible, up close they appear as empty suits of armour.

Cyclops
Ancient stone builders of ancient mythology, it is said that they helped create the great city of the heavens. Cyclops also have a gift to see into the future....however the only thing they are permitted to see is there own death, knowing this they ignore pain shrug off hits that would kill lesser creatures. They are known to herd stocks of horses that run with such speed, that they appear to fly. They are known to be the most agrressive hunters n their land.

Monks
The enlightend males of the society train to become, spirtually attune to their surroundings. They are trained in Unarmed combat, in the beleive of being perfect, the art of making their body a living weapon.

Special

Reapers
(angel) Angels of life and death, they are also created to be the elite warrior angel, they are completly loyal to the greater good. Their duty is to oversee the distribution of power for the society. Known to have two wings.

Valkeries
The Elite female warriors of the society, known to be the most beautiful of women fighting on the front line. They carry swords laced in white phosphorus, and wear the strongest of armour. They are most known to save the most valiant of warriors in battle, and giving them the honour of walking the halls of the city's beautiful citadel.

Seekers
(angel) They appear as beryl colored skin and usually noted to be carrying wheels or rims of some kind, which could be seen as a weapon if thrown. There wings consist of multiple sets of eyes, where as the head is featurless besides a lipless mouth. Containing vast amounts of knowledge of time, and foresight. they are known to be miracle workers or a herald of doom.

Beacons
The highest devotion that the male monk can reach, they are the most proficient masters of the art of combat and faith. They have the ability to call down bolts of lightning with their shouts, or cause the sky to fall with brimstone. They carry naginatas infused with energy, and are designed to slay horses and monsters. The are most known for the beacons of light that dangle off their armour, and showing people the way at night.

Rare

Cherubim Archers
(angel)Guardian of light and of the stars. Known to have eight conjoined wings. They are considered the Elite beings of protection, famously known for their unique ability with their divine bows. They change the world from the heavens as their arrows blot out the sky. They are normally seen with visors covering there eyes, tall and elegant

Seraphim
(angel)The highest order of angels, They serve as suppreme caretakers, they regulate the movement of the heavens. It is said they eminate a bright light so intense that no other creature could look upon them. They are immensely powerful, they have the best armour available to them, they normally fight with huge lances as they sweep into massed groups of enemies, and ploughing through them like a behemoth. They are ogre sized, with 6 wings.

Collossus
immense Statues created in defence to guard the last skycastle, the ancient citadel of the City. They are easily 6 to 8 times the size of giants, Powered by the heavens and given life by the faithfull community. They are easily seen from accross vast battlefeilds.

__________________________________________________ ______________

I Wonder what you all thinK?

Cyph3r Shadow
21-11-2009, 01:13
Were titans really that big?

Cain-asmodeus
21-11-2009, 03:33
In true honesty it doesnt trully say how big they were in the OK , but i Could imagine them to be 3 times the size of a normal giant. :eek:

since they are few in number, they might equal the sheer power of a Greater Deamon in capability in the feild.

Purge the Heretic
21-11-2009, 06:33
I say its tau...there aren't enough Japanophiles playing fantasy, so GW is bringing tau to fantasy, expect steampowered mecha ala Warmachine.

Lusall
21-11-2009, 06:56
I am atheist, I love demons and angles, they can be sexy you know? But I always wonder how we can get on with Pretty Angles you know, their Wings may get in the way. As for demons, I can get use to them as long as they don't try to eat me. Sadly they are but fairy tales....now I am a sad panda awwwww...:angel:

Mainly, I want pretty pink ponies for my Angel army. Or apocolypse ponies for my deamon armies. But...then again I like sillyness.

PaddyF
21-11-2009, 07:47

This, this is a troll

Last Edition
21-11-2009, 08:46
I think its about time a "new" army comes forth and I whole-hearted wish for Norse to come back again. But, I beleive its the 3rd Undead Army, sadly.

Skyven
21-11-2009, 13:16
The mystery army may not be WFB at all. According to Wargames Illustrated, Games Workshop are releasing a World War II game. It made a surprise appearance at an event at Warhammer World in October, and WI says GW are hoping to get it out early next year.

yabbadabba
21-11-2009, 13:31
My guess is pacifists. Warhammer Armies: Accountants :eek:

Agnar the Howler
21-11-2009, 14:16
Warhammer Armies: Accountants :eek:

Noooo! The cheese! Think of the cheese!

orlanth1000
21-11-2009, 14:34
Noooo! The cheese! Think of the cheese!

Why does the thought of that upset me so much? :(

Grimstonefire
21-11-2009, 16:00
Warhammer Armies: Accountants :eek:

Lol. I would buy that.

Just think of the fun you could have with special rules! :D

Deferred Assault rule (which means you combat would last as long as it took for your enemy to get bored and concede defeat), and your army would always cost 25% more than you could afford, unless you amortise it over 5+ years.

They could have Netters, the Pay Master as a general and a ‘number cruncher’ (war machine). They would of course have financial instruments as well.

Their magic would be the Lore of Bore, and they would have the obligatory Mat Ward Save (5+).

Finally they would have magical impairment weapons, which would negate enemy assets (armour).

:D

yabbadabba
21-11-2009, 16:10
Lol. I would buy that.

Just think of the fun you could have with special rules! :D

Deferred Assault rule (which means you combat would last as long as it took for your enemy to get bored and concede defeat), and your army would always cost 25% more than you could afford, unless you amortise it over 5+ years.

They could have Netters, the Pay Master as a general and a ‘number cruncher’ (war machine). They would of course have financial instruments as well.

Their magic would be the Lore of Bore, and they would have the obligatory Mat Ward Save (5+).

Finally they would have magical impairment weapons, which would negate enemy assets (armour).

:D Special Character : Mr Jones the Auditor. You opponent has to field Mr Jones in his army. Due to his cost cutting and highlighting of irregularities all units over 250pts must start off table in reserve.
Asset Liquidation: every war machine and magic item the accountants "sell back" to creditors allows the whole accountants army a d6 scout move. This is accumalative.

LaughinGremlin
21-11-2009, 17:35
...with regiments of leeches (Vampires are already taken.)...

I did NOT just read this entire, worthless thread, did I? :p

steppingonyou
21-11-2009, 17:41
i love these threads

*sits on the info*

Mango33
21-11-2009, 18:04
What about a Warhammer Fantasy army based on insects. a few have wings, live in hives, look a lot like the Geanosians from Star Wars. I am even making a fandex IN THE RULES DEVELOPMENT FORUM,
(HINT, HINT) :p with the an insect theme myself and I think that it would be awesome.

(A the joys of commercials and product placement :D)

Oh no its a swarm of giant butterflies AHHHHHHH! :wtf:

Lugburz
21-11-2009, 18:06
Warhammer Armies: Chaos Pandas!

The Occult
21-11-2009, 18:09
A third undead army? Nagash?
Obviously the new army book is going to be Warhammer: Clowns of Chaos then.

I will krill the next person who brings up a fishmen army book. They try to trout this as being truth but it's obviously carp in my eyes.

yabbadabba
21-11-2009, 18:09
Warhammer Armies: Badger Brigade

The mysterious man
21-11-2009, 18:54
Im sorry but this thread is absolute ******* we need KISLEV, KISLEV i tell you!!!
End of discussion, over, done the new army needs to be kislev.

yabbadabba
21-11-2009, 20:32
Im sorry but this thread is absolute ******* we need KISLEV, KISLEV i tell you!!!
End of discussion, over, done the new army needs to be kislev.Just realised we can't have Kislev. Chaos levelled during SoC it and ate all its inhabitants. If you want an army of skeletons, mutants and snowmen then fair enough.

wolf40k
21-11-2009, 20:48
I mentioned this thread to a red shirt and he is convinced that it is chaos dwarfs, it sucks.
I was looking forward to ARMY BOOK Transexual Ninja Porn Star Midgets of Chaos, myself, I guess I will have to wait until next year.

PaddyF
21-11-2009, 21:01
Warhammer Armies: Mutant Ninja Anime Girls from Uranus

Lijacote
21-11-2009, 21:19
Just realised we can't have Kislev. Chaos levelled during SoC it and ate all its inhabitants. If you want an army of skeletons, mutants and snowmen then fair enough.

SoC? What's that? Oh, you must be talking about the Storm of "IT NEVER HAPPENED" Chaos!

:evilgrin:

Still waiting for the Lovecraftian monsters of the abyss armybook.

orlanth1000
21-11-2009, 22:06
i love these threads

*sits on the info*

nice of you to join us again.....no little snippets? :D

Grimstonefire
21-11-2009, 22:42
His snippet is that he is sitting on something instead of typing it. ;)

Which doesn't class as info imo, as the first post here still seems too odd to me (a new army in Q1 specificially). I just think we'd know more by now, and the release schedule from the studio is really packed out already.

I'm going to make my guess here. There is something from GW that is not an army book. It will be a supplement. The fact that the studio release schedule seems packed already implies IF there is something it will come from FW (or not have any models at all).

Unless there is a WOTR book coming out? I never really pay any attention to those rumours.

Condottiere
22-11-2009, 05:36
People are talking about a Child Friendly/Grim dark atmosphere.:wtf: Am I missing something?Violence is acceptable, sex isn't.

Lusall
22-11-2009, 06:05
Warhammer Armies: Chaos Pandas!

I aprove this message.

Harry
22-11-2009, 08:29
Violence is acceptable, sex isn't.

Thats certainly true in my house. :D

OUCH!!! Sorry Helga, just my little joke.

bomblu
22-11-2009, 08:42
The mystery army may not be WFB at all. According to Wargames Illustrated, Games Workshop are releasing a World War II game. It made a surprise appearance at an event at Warhammer World in October, and WI says GW are hoping to get it out early next year.

That statement wouldnt be as far fetched as some of you may think. If i'm not mistaken, The Perry Twins have their own WW2 products, so if this ever happens, i htink we can safely say that the Perry's would probably be involved. Then again, i know there's the Warhammer Historical etc, but i dont think they'll go to the extent of releasing a whole line of models to make a new 'core system' as big as WH:Fantasy, 40k and LotR.

And if they put in fantasy elements in it, it'd just be a rip-off of other WW2-fantasy models whos names escape me atm (i remember there were nazi zombies in one series). And, i dont think GW will go to the extent of just coppying someone elses 'oh-so-original-idea' :p

Frep
22-11-2009, 08:58
Isn't that just the Warhammer Historicals sequel to the Great War that they're talking about.

Oh I think the other series you're thinking of is Secrets of the Third Reich

Condottiere
22-11-2009, 10:53
Any troop type between Renaissance Italy and ECW is usable in Fantasy (assuming the scale is correct).

plantagenet
22-11-2009, 15:33
I think any new extra army book that was going to appear next year would have to be in the vien of the way GW previously released the Kislev army book.

Now Kislev are definitly one option and I personalyl think Norse could also be done this way but because awhile back we had all the rumours flowing around the return of Nagash etc I would lean toward army book Necromancer.

Bascially you would just change characters and maybe one or two units of the Vampire counts and viola new army list.

Please let them release new zombies that are in same style as the cart. New werewolf skirmish unit would be cool as well. Could have a rule for every person they kill you get an extra werewolf as once killed there prey also become werewolves. (why werewolves even though the hints before have them in the norse...simply becuase I likes them and I want to see GW make some cool werewolf models).

Nice to see some kind of Jack O lattern style character along with Franksteins monsters as well. I also always thought that spiders should be involved in some in an undead army...Maybe necromancers could have them instead off or as well as Dire Wolves....

Special characters...
Heinrich Kemmler
Dieter Helsnicht
Krell
Headless Horseman (come on no one owns the IP and GW are masters of taking cool ideas and incomporating them into there worlds)
Anyway probably not correct but would be very nice to see....

bomblu
22-11-2009, 15:53
Could have a rule for every person they kill you get an extra werewolf as once killed there prey also become werewolves.

Very, very, very, very, very cool idea. Seriosuly, it'd be marvellous :p You pay for 2 to 3 warewolves, and each model you kill gives you the chance (with a diceroll 1-2 the person is too mutilated to live, 3-4 successful transformation, 5-6 the warewolf is unstoppable [would work somehting like a fanatic or something on those lines])

Damn wishlisting ;)

Black Legionaire
08-01-2010, 19:06
Could that army be legion of the damned????????????

Col. Tartleton
08-01-2010, 20:58
I want mermen. Two main races with several clines for units (like orcs and goblins) Ondines are the humanoid merfolk who can shapeshift legs but retain their fins and shark like mouths and black eyes. Units could include Selkies who wear seal pelts and wield harpoons who hail from the polar seas and fight a constant war against chaos. There are Kelpie riders who are scary, Sirens are casters, Nixes are leaders, Naiads are common units, nereids as well (spearmen), Oceanids have great weapons...

Lots of opportunities with them, and in addition they have an under race of murlocish man-frog-fish (not to be confused with the ferocious man-bear-pigs of the southern chaos wastes who roam the melting ice caps...)

grumbaki
08-01-2010, 21:49
Melting ice caps? Well, I suppose that chaos dwarfs could cause global warming...

Can you imagine a summit between the engineers of Nuln, guild leaders from the Dwarf Holds, Warplock Engineers from Clan Skyre and slave lords from the Chaos Dwarfs coming together to discuss climate change? Well, it would probably go as well as it does in the real world. Just with more blood.

Jedi152
08-01-2010, 22:06
I think this thread has had it's day.

Thread closed.

Jedi152

The Warseer Inquisition.