PDA

View Full Version : Help me name my Sisters!

Creeping Dementia
15-11-2009, 16:34
Hey everyone,

I've been working on painting up my Mech Sisters over the past few months, though its going a bit slow due to school right now. Ever since I started buying Sisters I've been trying to figure out what I should name them, as an army/convent/order. I've tried out a couple names, but none of them really stuck, or were even memorable enough for me to remember them :rolleyes:.

I'd really appreciate it if I could get some ideas for an order or convent name for these gals, doesn't really have to be fluffy but thats always a bonus.

Heres a link to a pic of some of the basic Sisters I have done so far, thanks for the help.

Sisters pic (http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/jmchristensen83/021.jpg)

SirSnipes
15-11-2009, 16:44
isnt your mum and dad meant to name your sisters

:P

devlin
15-11-2009, 16:49
always ultra

Grotsnik
15-11-2009, 17:16
Order of the Bloody Rag. :angel:

Shibboleth
15-11-2009, 18:04
I was going to name a Sisters army the "Sisters of Pristine Purity", but I got no further than fluff, so it's still open for use.
They had a Living Saint named Portia De Rosa. :angel:

hobodog
15-11-2009, 18:17
what colour scheme are they?
How 'bout Order of the Black Chalice

Edonil
15-11-2009, 20:08
Wow...that looks awfully close to the colors for mine. Although, I'm changing my scheme, cause the white is driving me up the wall. Anyway, as for a name...Keepers of the Stars. (dunno where it came from, but it sounds kinda nice)

CrownAxe
15-11-2009, 20:10
Order of the Sapphire Angels

BaloOrk
15-11-2009, 20:12
Salvation Sisters, Sisters of Salvation..... S.S for short..... *runs away*

AGC
15-11-2009, 21:22
Hey everyone,

I've been working on painting up my Mech Sisters over the past few months, though its going a bit slow due to school right now. Ever since I started buying Sisters I've been trying to figure out what I should name them, as an army/convent/order. I've tried out a couple names, but none of them really stuck, or were even memorable enough for me to remember them :rolleyes:.

I'd really appreciate it if I could get some ideas for an order or convent name for these gals, doesn't really have to be fluffy but thats always a bonus.

Heres a link to a pic of some of the basic Sisters I have done so far, thanks for the help.

Sisters pic (http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/jmchristensen83/021.jpg)

Easiest way to think of a name: What colours do they wear and why do they wear them? That's their name.

Given they seem to wear white and blue. Blue usually represents the sea or the sky (at least on earth) and white purity. So an order formed on Terra (or harking back to that) which would go with a puritanist theme. So, "The Order of the Pure Heavens" would fit. But you'll no doubt have your own fiction which will be a better source to draw on.

Y'inglye
15-11-2009, 22:33
Help me name my Sisters!
Hot Tropical Beaches.

WOT!?

unheilig
16-11-2009, 00:13
Sisters of Mercy.

all black with a few start white contrasty bits.

madprophet
16-11-2009, 00:16
Looking at the naming pattern of Catholic Orders of nuns, here's some for you to chew on.

Missionary Sisters
Daughters of the Emperor
Sisters of Strict Observance
Sisters of Our Holy Lady
Sisters of the Providence of the Emperor
Missionary Sisters of St. Katherine
Sisters of the Bloody Heart
Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of the Emperor
Sisters of the Emperor's Passion
Sisters of the Emperor's Resurrection
Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother
Daughters of the Emperor, Help of the Faithful
Little Sisters of the Emperor
Medicae Missionary Sisters
Oblates of the Emperor
Servant Sisters of the Emperor's Plan
Sisters Adorers of the Emperor's Blood
Sisters Disciples of the Master of Mankind
Sisters of the Emperor's Mercy
Sisters of St. Sebastian of the Emperor

Ductus Cysticus
16-11-2009, 00:18
How about the Order of the Canned Clam :D

Souleater
16-11-2009, 00:37
Order of the Iron Ladies?

DaSpaceAsians
16-11-2009, 00:42
Order of the Iron Ladies?

Let by Canoness Margaret Thatcher of Britonnia VI

Corpse
16-11-2009, 01:07
Family friendly forum.

Mods haven't stepped in after 2 female private remark-only posts? Not just a constructive post with a joke in there, just their so called "joke" is the whole post.

I would look down on warseer if this is the norm that is allowed past moderation.

But of course its so easy to pick on sisters of battle, they don't wear helmets.. They rage, making dumb typical jokes of that time of the month.

Caught me on a bad day. Get the hell out of here if your doing nothing but sexual jokes. No seriously, get out.

For the topic.

I see a trend in certain namesakes. For IG, they run more regimental names like "Invincibles" and "tanith first and only", while marines are dynamic with "Ultramarines" and "Alpha Legion".

For sisters its a feel of humility, like "The order of the gilded rose" is more of a sister of battle feel. Just my input, because when someone else mentions a name I like, I end up not using it because I didn't make it up. Sounds silly, but thats me. A little nudge is my intent.

spacewolf_sven
16-11-2009, 01:14
they look like the word "ivory" would go well considering the colour scheme

Pooky
16-11-2009, 01:35
I'll get the silly one out of the way first: The Iron Maiden(s)

And now that's out of my system...

What kind of weaponry does the army have? Is it mainly Flamers? Meltas? Bolters? You could use that for ideas about the name. For example, if you have a lot of flamers then it could be "Order of the Firey Hearts" or "Sisters of Burning Hate".

Pooky
16-11-2009, 01:37
Order of the Bloody Rag. :angel:

I guess someone had to say it :rolleyes:

IcedAnimals
16-11-2009, 03:36
Looking at the naming pattern of Catholic Orders of nuns, here's some for you to chew on.

Missionary Sisters
Daughters of the Emperor
Sisters of Strict Observance
Sisters of Our Holy Lady
Sisters of the Providence of the Emperor
Missionary Sisters of St. Katherine
Sisters of the Bloody Heart
Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of the Emperor
Sisters of the Emperor's Passion
Sisters of the Emperor's Resurrection
Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother
Daughters of the Emperor, Help of the Faithful
Little Sisters of the Emperor
Medicae Missionary Sisters
Oblates of the Emperor
Servant Sisters of the Emperor's Plan
Sisters Adorers of the Emperor's Blood
Sisters Disciples of the Master of Mankind
Sisters of the Emperor's Mercy
Sisters of St. Sebastian of the Emperor

I like to avoid "Sisters" in the name. Replace Any of those Sisters with "Order" and you have some pretty decent names.

"Sisters of the sorrowful mother" for instance sounds Much better as "Order of the sorrowful mother" Or "Order of our Holy Lady" or even "Order of Saint Katherine"

Also for the comment about sisters don't wear helmets, they have like the most bad ass helmet in the entire game. Sabbat pattern helms look great and they are are on a lot of the models. In the lore EVERY sister wears them when in battle.

Madgear Thundaklutch
16-11-2009, 06:05
Order of the Iron Rose

ShaiAhlude
17-11-2009, 00:55
Well, with the white & blue (if you keep that scheme), how about:

Sisters Virosa.

The second name is taken from the latin for water hemlock, which can be lethal, but makes people think of virtuous when they see it (***** jokes on warseer aside:rolleyes:).

I toyed with the idea for starting a sisters army, but never did.

Oh, and I agree that the sabbat pattern helms look bad-ass!