PDA

View Full Version : Thoughs on the new Warhammer RPG

big squig
15-11-2009, 17:09
I'm not sure where this topic is supposed to go, so I'll put it here for a Mod to move it to the proper place.

Holy be-gezeez, this game is pretty complex. My local game store is letting me run a demo of it and have given me a copy of the rules to read at home. My word is it hard to understand. I haven't had a chance to actually play it yet, so maybe I'll understand it better with some hands-on time. It's just that the book is really not good at giving you examples or explaining things in proper order. It also comes without about a million little cards and counters for every little type of record keeping imaginable and tons of dice that have no numbers.

Any one else try this game? Anyone else a bit intimidated when first opening the box?

Ultimate Life Form
15-11-2009, 17:14
Just a guess but...

What about the RPG section?!?!?!?:confused:

It's just that the book is really not good at giving you examples or explaining things in proper order.

So Warhammer veterans feel instantly at home.

mweaver
15-11-2009, 17:21
Don't know if you have seen it, Big Squig, but there is a long thread on WHFRP 3rd Ed. over on the Fantasy Rumor board. Most of the pages are pre-release rending of garments and lamentations or passionate defense, but the last 2-3 pages include some comments from people who have played.