PDA

View Full Version : CAlculating MAgic Dice

samaritan
15-11-2009, 20:05
I'm playing Dwarves but realised I've got no idea how power dice ands dispel dice work - can someone fill me i how to calculate them pls?
If is k I can swap a Runesmith to a MAster Engineer for a BS 5 bolt thrower and entrenched Organ Gun.

Asi the Red
15-11-2009, 20:09
This is just a suggestion, but your question has a much higher probability of being answered (correctly) if you post it in the Warhammer Fantasy section instead of the Warhammer 40K section.

marv335
15-11-2009, 20:22
casting dice
every army gets two pool dice, plus one per magic level of each wizard (level one gets 1, level four gets 4)
any wizard may use pool dice, wizards may only use the dice they generate (plus pool dice)

Dispel Dice
every army gets two dispel dice (exept dwarves who get four)
level 1/2 magic users generate one, level 3/4 generate two.
and yes, a master engineer can fire a boltthrower, and entrench an organ gun.
I prefer him firing a stonethrower though.

t-tauri
15-11-2009, 21:29
Moved to Fantasy rules. Please look where you are posting.

T10
16-11-2009, 13:37
I'm playing Dwarves but realised I've got no idea how power dice ands dispel dice work - can someone fill me i how to calculate them pls?
If is k I can swap a Runesmith to a MAster Engineer for a BS 5 bolt thrower and entrenched Organ Gun.

No problem: You roll the dice and add up the numbers to get a casting or dispel result. So if you roll a three and a five, that's 3 + 5 = 8.

I have no idea if a Master Engineer will accept such a trade, but I must admit is sounds like a sweet deal. The Engineer can probably build a new bolt thrower, and having his own Runesmith is going to pay off in the long run!

-T10

The Red Scourge
16-11-2009, 16:32
Getting a rule book is a great idea.

Remember this, when x-mas comes up :)