PDA

View Full Version : Dark elf watchtower - 500pts

heldane
25-01-2006, 08:40
Hey guys,

At my local club we are planning to run an escalation league event in an attempt to get everyone to paint up their armies.

I have chosen to play with a Dark elf watch tower patrol, other forces I shall be up agains include brettonians, high elves, beastmen, ecult of ulric, orcs and gobbos and skaven.

The plan is to start at 500 points from now until the end of Febuary, then adding in 250 points until we all hit 2000 points.

At the end of each month we'll have a big day's gaming and everyone will attmept to play everyone so we can really see how our army is.

This is the army list I have planned for the first month, how does it sound to you all?

Noble Draleth - 112pts
Cold one, sea dragon cloak, heavy armour, shield, lance.

5 Dark Riders - 97pts
Musician

5 Dark Riders - 97pts
Musician

5 Cold one knights - 190pts
Full command

How does that seem, I know that I'm going to have issues using this force, especially with there being no missile fire.

Thanks all.

Dan

deadlybeans
27-01-2006, 22:25
I think it is a good army to start with. Maybe you should add repeater crossbows to the dark riders. This could give some versatility to your army. With the next 250 pts, i think you should get some warriors w/ RxB and some with spears. You'll need some infantry to back up your cav.

heldane
27-01-2006, 23:48
I think it is a good army to start with. Maybe you should add repeater crossbows to the dark riders. This could give some versatility to your army. With the next 250 pts, i think you should get some warriors w/ RxB and some with spears. You'll need some infantry to back up your cav.

Infantry isnt availble to me in a watchtower force. I only have mounted units, with the exception of shades.

My next 250 points were going to be 2 chariots and then 3 more cold one riders.

Cheers

Dan