PDA

View Full Version : Lizards vs Skaven - 1000pts

Agnar the Howler
16-11-2009, 15:01
Heroes:
Scar Veteran w/ Sword of the Hornet, Enchanted Shield and Cold One - 145pts
Skink Chief w/ Burning Blade of Chotek, Venom of the Firefly Frog, Carnosaur Pendant, (blowpipe?), shield and light armour - 109pts (117pts w/ Blowpipe)

Core:
12 Saurus Warriors w/ Full Command - 162pts
12 Saurus Warriors w/ Full Command - 162pts
10 Skink Skirmishers - 70pts
10 Skink Skirmishers - 70pts

Special:
6 Cold One Cavalry w/ Full Command - 260pts

Total - 978pts (986pts w/ chief's blowpipe)

The skink chief's set-up is based on another set-up one of my closer friends has used against Skaven to great effect. My Scar-vet originally had the burning blade, but the Sword of the Hornet seems like a fitting replacement, especially as it grants him ASF, although if i'm facing another ASF, unless they are a dwarf, it's not going to make a difference.

Now, I have 22/14 points left depending on whether or not I should take the blowpipe on the chief (taken so he can shoot with the rest of his skirmishers, and coupled with the venom of the firefly frog to allow him re-rolling hits from the pipe). The 14 points can be sorted by adding in two more skirmishers, and 22 by adding two more saurus, but I don't have any more saurus at the moment, nor the ability to equip spears, so i'm still stuck there unless adding 3 skirmishers is a wise investment.

Gabacho Mk.II
16-11-2009, 15:07
You really dont need champs for the Saurus units.

Otherwise, a nice and solid list.

Your milage may vary, of course. ;)

Agnar the Howler
16-11-2009, 15:18
I'd prefer to keep the champions, if only for fluff reasons, but they also add a nice attack element and aesthetic appearence to my units, i've been questioned a few times about my champion's number of attacks in combat, so I know that people aren't expecting to kill 1 or 2 warriors and still see a good number of retaliatory attacks.

zlydon
16-11-2009, 19:35
Also, on the charge a lucky challenge could see a saurus champion carve up a skaven character. And any nasty magic weapons they may have will be deflected form the unit as a whole.