PDA

View Full Version : Which Imperial Super Heavy Tanks

Addiction
16-11-2009, 22:54
I'm preparing for some Apoc games as a Space Marines which includes buying 2-4 super heavies. Right now not even considering Titans or Thunderhawks (tho I love the TH model).

Which would you suggest, in what order?

baphomael
16-11-2009, 23:06
Well, generally, marines themselves dont tend to field super heavies, doesnt tend to suit their swift, surgical, fighting style. However, pre-heresy and during the heresy the Legions did field baneblade-like superheavies, so perhaps a baneblade in original Legion colours might be a cheaper option, representing a prized relic from the Great Crusade.

Lord Malorne
16-11-2009, 23:17
Honestly? they are all good so pick one that you think looks the best.

Lord Malornemael ;)

Imperius
16-11-2009, 23:23
Baneblade XYZ would be look great in a Space Marine company.

Macharius and other Korps tanks would look really out of place seeing as they are very bulky looking and (my opinion) ugly.

Titans and Thunderhawks, I can't afford them either but they are both 'fluffy.'

FunkyRatDemon
16-11-2009, 23:24
Formations are actually better for SM
Vindicator Line Breaker squad is so amazing!

Bunnahabhain
17-11-2009, 00:35
Formations. Or start saving.

Marines don't have super heavy tanks, they have thunderhawks, and Guard or Ad Mech allies if they need REALLY big guns.

Addiction
17-11-2009, 00:42
I may have been unclear in my question so let me redirect. From the fluff aspect I personally don't care much, this is more of a which super heavy tanks rock the most kinda question.

Bunnahabhain
17-11-2009, 00:49
In that case, Baneblades. Quite cheap and cheerful, and got a decent range for the main weapon.

MajorWesJanson
17-11-2009, 05:00
I'd go with 2 Baneblades and a Shadowsword, basically a heavy Baneblade company.

kardar233
17-11-2009, 05:59
I have a personal taste for the Malcador, but I can't speak for its effectiveness in large-scale Apoc.

Grubnar
17-11-2009, 13:38
Personaly, I favor the Shadowsword.
It is Anti-Everything!

P.S. And I REALLY should advise you to include at least one anti-air whirlwind (I forget the name). If your opponent(s) have air units, and you have no anti-air units, you could suffer greatly. Im speaking from personal experience here. Just trust me on this one!

Max1mum
17-11-2009, 13:55
Personaly, I favor the Shadowsword.
It is Anti-Everything!

P.S. And I REALLY should advise you to include at least one anti-air whirlwind (I forget the name). If your opponent(s) have air units, and you have no anti-air units, you could suffer greatly. Im speaking from personal experience here. Just trust me on this one!

I second the Shadowsword story ;-) but for me it's because it looks bad ass :P.

And i would like to point out that Pintle Mount weapons are AA

...Landraiders can get Pintle Mount Multi Melta's

....no better AA weapon out there ;-)