PDA

View Full Version : 2.5k urak hai list (first one)

SirSnipes
16-11-2009, 22:46
dreadlord on dragon, with black amulet, dispel scroll, heavy armour, sea dragon cloak, shield 570
-this will be represented by a fellbeast with a ringwraith

sorceress 185, 2 dispel scrolls, lvl 2
-this will be represented by saruman

master, heavy armour, shield sea dragon cloak, sword of ruin 140
-this will be represented by lurtz, goes with black guard

15 dark elf spearmen full command 120- pikemen
16 corsairs, full command 185- urak scouts
16 crossbowmen 160- uraks with bows

15 black guard full comman 230, fighting uraks with shields and swords
5 cold one knights full command 175
- represented by wargs

1 warhydra 175,
-represented by isenguard troll

how would this do on tabletop?

RealEvilGenius
16-11-2009, 23:43
Are your LotR minis all on the square bases of fantasy?

That aside, it's a lot of bricks of infantry. I'd suggest some Dark Riders and Harpies for charge redirection and march blocking. I'd also give of your Black Guard units the banner of Hag Graef and the Ring of Hotek. Another option to look into is an assassin.

Red Metal
16-11-2009, 23:52
dreadlord on dragon, with black amulet, dispel scroll, heavy armour, sea dragon cloak, shield 570
-this will be represented by a fellbeast with a ringwraith

sorceress 185, 2 dispel scrolls, lvl 2
-this will be represented by saruman

master, heavy armour, shield sea dragon cloak, sword of ruin 140
-this will be represented by lurtz, goes with black guard

16 crossbowmen 160- uraks with bows

5 cold one knights full command 175
- represented by wargs

1 warhydra 175,
-represented by isenguard troll

how would this do on tabletop?

I'm confused. Do you have all the LOTR models and are looking for a similiar WFB army to represent them? As it stands, I can see where people may be confused with certain units, as they are not very similiar. For example:

- A Ringwraith really couldn't work well as Dreadlord, as you're missing the Heavy Armor and Sea Dragon Cloak on the model. The shield, you could probably add.

- With the Dark Elf Spearmen, you don't have a LOTRs proxy listed, so there might be scale issues if you use WFB stuff with LOTR stuff.

- The Black Guard are armed with Halberds, whereas the Uruk-hai you listed would just be armed with sword and shield.

- Wargs would be a tough sell as Cold Ones. "Thick-skinned" and "Fear" don't quite work with Wargs.

- An Isengard Troll is no where near the same as a War Hydra.

I'm not trying to make it sound like I'm bashing your idea; it's just a very hard design concept. If anything, Uruk-hai would probably work best as just WFB Orcs.

SirSnipes
17-11-2009, 01:31
I'm confused. Do you have all the LOTR models and are looking for a similiar WFB army to represent them? As it stands, I can see where people may be confused with certain units, as they are not very similiar. For example:

- A Ringwraith really couldn't work well as Dreadlord, as you're missing the Heavy Armor and Sea Dragon Cloak on the model. The shield, you could probably add.

- With the Dark Elf Spearmen, you don't have a LOTRs proxy listed, so there might be scale issues if you use WFB stuff with LOTR stuff.

- The Black Guard are armed with Halberds, whereas the Uruk-hai you listed would just be armed with sword and shield.

- Wargs would be a tough sell as Cold Ones. "Thick-skinned" and "Fear" don't quite work with Wargs.

- An Isengard Troll is no where near the same as a War Hydra.

I'm not trying to make it sound like I'm bashing your idea; it's just a very hard design concept. If anything, Uruk-hai would probably work best as just WFB Orcs.

i couldnt think of any other army with decently armoured basic infantry cept for chaos and their infantry is on bases too big for uraks, they looks great on the small bases though

and its not meant to be a weapon for weapon army, its just for the looks and uraks are larger than most lotr models and appear to look fine amoungst the other armys.