PDA

View Full Version : converting skaven units with no models

mattieice
17-11-2009, 18:25
Since there are now an abundance of units in the skaven book with no models I was wondering how/if people are going to convert these units.

My ideas were for the plagueclaw catapult, to use the brettonian trebuchet model and use the monks and the giant censer from the plague furnace.

For the rat ogre bonebreaker, I was thinking of using a Krootox as a base and slapping a rat ogre head on. then stick a warlord on its back. Bing Bang Boom.

Anyone else have ideas?

GuyLeCheval
17-11-2009, 18:28
Pretty good ideas.

what are you going to do witht the HA?

mattieice
17-11-2009, 18:48
the abomination? in all honestly i'm sure one of the chaos spawn variants will work pretty well. If I were to go crazy I'd probably do something with the dark elf hydra, but I'm not a great converter.

ZeroTwentythree
17-11-2009, 19:58
Anyone else have ideas?

Sure. Looking at the 12 other threads on the exact same topic in the past week or two.

;)

Bregalad
17-11-2009, 21:46
For the rat ogre bonebreaker, I was thinking of using a Krootox as a base and slapping a rat ogre head on. then stick a warlord on its back. Bing Bang Boom.
Yeah, that's what I posted in two other threads on the same topic, until I got tired ;)

Xynok
20-11-2009, 01:08
For my abomination i'm using a teraph model off privateerpress with some GW bits stuck on (like uber rat-ogre arms). Only has one head though. Gave it a cigar (extra warpstone smoke) just for the fun of it.

Bonebreaker I'd honestly just use a rat ogre with green stuff and balsa wood for a stand thing.

I thought about using a snotling pumpwagon as a base for the catapult. Lots of wood and different heights to stick things onto. I wish they sold single packmasters though as you get giant rats with everything...

The tricky one is the doomflayer imo. Golf ball with bits... I think lots of bits will come into it...

Kukkelukke
20-11-2009, 10:21
Im converting an Abomination..

The body is from the Great Stag. Im cutting off the legs and converting something like a worm waist... The hooves at the front are being converted into claws..

Cut off the horns of a Minotaur and adding rat ears instead..

Still working on him :)