PDA

View Full Version : Mini Blood Angel update from B&C

Pages : [1] 2 3

Scorcher505
17-11-2009, 18:29
In the continued discussions at B&C about the codex, a few people have come forward saying that Blood Angels were delayed till August of 2010. When I posted the last rumor I heard here I mentioned March, and it was relatively confirmed as far as I knew, so I am wondering if anyone else heard anything?

BlackIce
17-11-2009, 19:02
Isn't March Beastmen now? So perhaps a change to the lineup.

SPYDER68
17-11-2009, 19:10
No, Beastmen is in Feb Per the Newsletter GW sent out.

Rick Blaine
17-11-2009, 19:39
So only 2 Codexes next year, just like I've been saying all along.

Lungboy
17-11-2009, 19:42
So only 2 Codexes next year, just like I've been saying all along.

What? Nids - January, Blood Angels - March, a 3rd later in the year (Necrons sounding likely).

Sildani
17-11-2009, 19:46
Nope, Harry hath said that Dark Eldar and Necrons are at least another year away - so Christmas 2010 at the earliest, I'd say.

Harry has guaranteed 3 40K Codexes, and a 4th if all goes as planned. Honestly, I think Eldar or Tau have a decent shot - so little needs to be done to either one. Slap a "Second Edition" label on them, like the DE have currently, and you're off.

Lemy Caution
17-11-2009, 20:22
Nope, Harry hath said that Dark Eldar and Necrons are at least another year away - so Christmas 2010 at the earliest, I'd say.

Actually, Harry hinted that Necrons could show up in the Fall as GW started working on them the month after he said to not expect them by 2010. The thread got moved to general and name changed immediately after the wish listing started so you can find it over there. So really Fall 2010 is a distinct possibility although there is always the potential for them to fail their WBB roll as usual . . .

Pacific
17-11-2009, 20:29
So, the latest for BA is March or August?

owen matthew
17-11-2009, 21:03

Harry has guaranteed 3 40K Codexes, and a 4th if all goes as planned. Honestly, I think Eldar or Tau have a decent shot - so little needs to be done to either one. Slap a "Second Edition" label on them, like the DE have currently, and you're off.

That is basically what happened to Tau the last time. A couple tweaks and a unit, and almost the same as before. If they get redone again I hope GW will really work to make that army something special again. I would like to see it get a proper matriculation into 5th, with a good writer like Cruddace. It is really lacking and not at all competative.

Maxis Lithium
17-11-2009, 21:25
People keep talking about a 'fleet based marien chapter' which to me says Black Templar. Earlier this year there was talk about Tau being in the works, which would be quite nice. I'm very hopeful for a late 2010 release of the Tau if things go well, or early 2011.

Murphy's law
17-11-2009, 21:53
Tau doesn't need a new codex at the moment. They are still fantastic at shooting and i see guys winning tournaments with Tau over here.

But it doesn't mean i would mind it. A new codex is allways a good thing to me.
It keeps the hobby alive.

Irbian
17-11-2009, 22:05
fleet based marine chapter... come on, if they arent Black Templars, who else?

Griffindale
17-11-2009, 22:10
Ooooo I hope its the Blood Ravens!

Tiller5
17-11-2009, 22:23

I believe it has already been established that Blood Ravens are not going to be released as a stand-alone codex, as they are too similar to your standard Codex chapter. Additionally, THQ created the chapter so as to avoid interference with GW established background.

However, Black Templars have not been shot down as far as I know, so they remain a possibility.

Light of the Emperor
17-11-2009, 22:28
Aren't the DA a fleet based chapter too? Caliban blew up and they spend most of their time on the Rock.

Tiller5
17-11-2009, 22:39
Aren't the DA a fleet based chapter too? Caliban blew up and they spend most of their time on the Rock.

It is a tenuous link and, judging by what Brimstone has said in closing the "Dark Angels by fall" thread just below, it is "completely wrong", so I don't think it will be Dark Angels somehow.

mdauben
17-11-2009, 22:45
Tau doesn't need a new codex at the moment. They are still fantastic at shooting and i see guys winning tournaments with Tau over here.
That's certainly not my experience. I don't recall seeing Tau placing consitently well in national level tournaments for years now. While Tau certainly are not at the bottom of the heap, I rate them no more than middle of the pack at this time, with some moderatly significant 5th edition issues. Cetainly not one of the most in need of a new Codex (DE, NEC, DH) but definetly in need at some point soon.

Hmmm... I really can't see GW adding a new codex at this point, let alone a new Marine codex now. IMO they have stretched themselves too thin as it is with the number of supplements they already need to maintain from edition to edition in 40K and WHFB, without adding more. :(

HsojVvad
18-11-2009, 00:49
Isn't August suppose to be a Fantasy edtion number 8?

Also the other part of the rumour with 'fleet' is something wingy is coming our way as well.

szlachcic
18-11-2009, 00:55
Isn't August suppose to be a Fantasy edtion number 8?

Also the other part of the rumour with 'fleet' is something wingy is coming our way as well.

I thought 8th Edition of Warhammer Fantasy was coming out in the June/July timeframe with the starter box to follow in September similar to how 5th ed. 40k launched.

I really hope that BAs are still in line for a Spring release, but if they are pushed back I guess I can still be happy knowing that one of my poor armies will be getting an update soon.

havokas
18-11-2009, 01:32
this is a thread about blood angels that just became random comments and wishlisting very very quickly... dose anyone actually have an answer for scorchers original post?

HsojVvad
18-11-2009, 03:34
I thought 8th Edition of Warhammer Fantasy was coming out in the June/July timeframe with the starter box to follow in September similar to how 5th ed. 40k launched.

I really hope that BAs are still in line for a Spring release, but if they are pushed back I guess I can still be happy knowing that one of my poor armies will be getting an update soon.

Ah yeah, that is correct, but I guess I was thinking that Summer was suppose to be Fanatasy, and got them mixed up. :eek:

The Dude
18-11-2009, 03:36
As far as I'm aware, Blood Angels haven't been delayed any, although I wouldn't be surprised if there was a "printing error" for that book too :rolleyes:

Zanzibarthefirst
18-11-2009, 08:39
if you are correct and they have not been delayed. does that mean they'll be released March?

Fanboy
18-11-2009, 13:19
Correct Havokas,

Does anyone have any real/tangible info on the upcoming BA codex. i am sure GW is keeping this close to there chest, but there generally is info/news out there. I am sure GW leaks half the info in any case, just to help build the interest/tension.

All I read is wishlisting and nonsense. I think by now we all know what BoLS has 'released' on the upcoming BAs, but can anyone add to this, in a more substantial way, especially since the codex has already been finalized/printed. I feel this thread is going nowhere.

My 5 Lehman Brother cents worth....

Yours thankfully

Fanboy

HsojVvad
18-11-2009, 14:16
Correct Havokas,

Does anyone have any real/tangible info on the upcoming BA codex. i am sure GW is keeping this close to there chest, but there generally is info/news out there. I am sure GW leaks half the info in any case, just to help build the interest/tension.

Nope not yet, knowbody knows much. Unless your name is Harry and Brimstone :skull:

Either December or January we will be hearing more about BA from GW. If we don't, then that means the release date is later than that then. If GW dosn't say anything in February or later that would mean it's a May or later release then.

Soon, we will find our answer. Nothing mentioned in December means no March release. It's what, 3 months before release GW offically mentions anything. I am not going by rumours from other people, but what GW officially says. Once GW says something, 3 months after that, something is usually released.

SPYDER68
18-11-2009, 14:46
As far as I'm aware, Blood Angels haven't been delayed any, although I wouldn't be surprised if there was a "printing error" for that book too :rolleyes:

Makes me glad to hear that :P except for the printing error thing, but eh. new book ? Neato

Now if Tau would get redone id have all 3 armies of mine a new Codex :P

Urath
18-11-2009, 16:24
Clearly the third Codex will be... Codex: Chaos Legions.

:angel:

Reinholt
18-11-2009, 16:53
I've heard nothing on them being delayed, and if they are delayed due to errors in either printing or production, it's time for someone to learn to do their job at GW.

Scorcher505
18-11-2009, 17:26
If someone can come on and confirm that they are not delayed I say close this thread. There already is a huge thread filled with wishlisting on the Blood Angels and whining about DE and Necrons and Legions.

Believe me, I want my BA codex asap, so I hope someone can shut the door on this terrible rumor

HsojVvad
18-11-2009, 20:13
Maybe the rumour of them being released being delayed is really not a rumour. Maybe the rumour was them being released early, and this was when GW planned for them to release the BA.

You are right on one thing Scorcher505, there is alot of wishlisting, but give us credit for something. Since GW dosn't give us any info or let any info slip, that is all we have, is wishlisting.

brassangel
18-11-2009, 20:29
What? Nids - January, Blood Angels - March, a 3rd later in the year (Necrons sounding likely).

This.

Harry and Brim also guaranteed us 4 in 2008 and 2009. As reliable as they are, they have been short-ended by GW on these promises time and again.

We will be extremely lucky to see a third in 2010.

Blood Angels will not be in March if the Tyranids hit in January. Expect something closer to summer.

maaksel
18-11-2009, 20:46
Of course DE and Necron are a year away, both of which I want to play again but not use the same *******' 2-3 lists.

The Dude
18-11-2009, 22:21
Blood Angels will not be in March if the Tyranids hit in January. Expect something closer to summer.

Or further away, depending on where you live ;)

LonelyPath
19-11-2009, 00:25
If BA are a AMrch release then no doubt we'll see something of it in the January edition of WD. Until then there's no real point in speculating to much on the matter. However, I'll be very happy to see the codex being released.

Zanzibarthefirst
19-11-2009, 00:27
Or further away, depending on where you live ;)

given that an Oz winter is generally June-August time is that time frame we are looking at rather than March

The Dude
19-11-2009, 00:35
given that an Oz winter is generally June-August time is that time frame we are looking at rather than March

I didn't mean to imply that, just that "closer to summer" means "further away from summer" here.

If I were to make a guess, I'd say it may only be one increment in this direction, but thatís just me.

Ravenheart
19-11-2009, 01:03
I keep hearing that the guy who wrote the WHFB Deamon Book and the newest SM 'Dex is working on the Blood Angels (Matt Ward is his name IIRC). Is that reliable info?

xNickBaranx
19-11-2009, 07:55
I just want to interject that Harry and Brimstone do not and have not promised anything. We're lucky to have them dropping hints and rumors to us and giving us the inside scoop, but they have not ever, that I recall, promised anything. They always temper everything schedule wise with "but this could change."

Corrode
19-11-2009, 09:48
I keep hearing that the guy who wrote the WHFB Deamon Book and the newest SM 'Dex is working on the Blood Angels (Matt Ward is his name IIRC). Is that reliable info?

Oh Christ I hope not. Blood Angels were my first army and I'm already idly painting up some Death Company in anticipation of the new book; if Ward writes it it'll either have horrible fluff or horrible rules (or both!)

Demkaio
19-11-2009, 19:40

common thats just pulling our legs right??

Scorcher505
19-11-2009, 19:53
I do not remember where I read it, maybe here for all I can remember, but I saw that name, Matt Ward, floating around as well.

The Custodian
19-11-2009, 20:40
Nope, he's apparently doing the necron dex, and he's not that bad, his space marine dex came out well...

Koris
23-11-2009, 15:46
Clearly the third Codex will be... Codex: Chaos Legions.

:angel:

Codex Inquisiton actually.
I have it from a pretty reliable source.

HsojVvad
23-11-2009, 15:57

Is that a joke? I don't see any smiley so maybe you are serious. From what people were saying on the forums, and what was said at GD from GW creators, (forget their names) they said that the INquistion is a long way from being done.

So either GW are lying to us now at GD, or the Inquition will be a ways away.

So I don't think it's the Inquition, I would love for it to be it, but I don't see it happening. Can you say anymore about it?

Ravenheart
23-11-2009, 16:14

I'd love to belive you too; but given what we heard about Inquisition from various sources in the past, I simply can't. :(

Koris
23-11-2009, 16:26
Is that a joke? I don't see any smiley so maybe you are serious. From what people were saying on the forums, and what was said at GD from GW creators, (forget their names) they said that the INquistion is a long way from being done.

So either GW are lying to us now at GD, or the Inquition will be a ways away.

So I don't think it's the Inquition, I would love for it to be it, but I don't see it happening. Can you say anymore about it?

Thats all I know, its coming 2010.
My guess would be that it would arrive October, which would fit in with the previous 2 years release schedule. Big release just after games day, but thats my own thoughts and guesswork.

I didn't hear anything about it at Games Day UK, I heard the DE, and Necron in particular were not due anytime soon as they needed a massive overhaul. -This was info from Jervis.
I've posted about it elsewhere. Probably in the Games Day thread, if you want to search through my previous posts.

wilsongrahams
23-11-2009, 16:39
Just to add, during a game in a GW store with the manager we were discussing forthcoming releases - always best to distract them before asking questions, so between asking how many saves I needed to make and rolling them, I mentioned I'm awaiting the BA Codex in March, and he said that it had been delayed by a couple months.

I said this on here when I was first told and I was told nobody had heard of a delay so I shut up. If there was a delay surely the staff would know?

As for writing the codex, don't they usually have more than one person work on a codex - one rules, another fluff etc. This was how some of the fantasy books have been done, even though they still fall under one author officially. I'd like to have Gav Thorpe write the fluff, as he did a great job on Space Hulk. I imagine Mat Ward would make them into Vampires more than Marines...

Lord_Dante
23-11-2009, 16:48
Just to add, during a game in a GW store with the manager we were discussing forthcoming releases - always best to distract them before asking questions, so between asking how many saves I needed to make and rolling them, I mentioned I'm awaiting the BA Codex in March, and he said that it had been delayed by a couple months.

Be warned a lot of staff repeat what they read on here, including the incorrect info. Had some funny chats after speaking to people and listening to them repeat warseer info verbatum.

Irbian
23-11-2009, 16:49
Actually I dont find that so hard to believe. But my guess is more like 2011 Q1, based on the rumours here in the forum

Bjornas
23-11-2009, 16:56
My bet is october 2010, since that would fall in line with the SM and SW releases (oct -08 and oct -09 respectively).

Xelloss
23-11-2009, 17:33
Harry and Brim also guaranteed us 4 in 2008 and 2009. As reliable as they are, they have been short-ended by GW on these promises time and again.
Here is what Harry said :

Well thanks for that Mr and Mrs naysayer. :D

Last year I said three and a supplement. We got three and a supplement.
This year I say three. However, if everything comes off as planned they may squeeze a 4th in.
AND I still maintain it is a year for Fantasy.
Although TBH it is not a bad year to be playing 40K either. Some very nice stuff winging its way in our direction.

Could be they are getting faster. :eek:
detailed by :

well we did get 3 codexs and a supplement in 2009.

codex:
Imperial Guard
Planet Strike
Space Wolves

supplement:
Planetary Empires

Now we need to ask them how they define "codex" ...

gwarsh41
23-11-2009, 17:36
I hope the rumor mill treats this army better than space wolves release date. Rumors were for l ast december, instead its this fall.

HsojVvad
23-11-2009, 20:00
Xellos, is that where BoLS got it's "winging it's way" line from then?

SPYDER68
23-11-2009, 20:04
Unless Brim.. or Harry hints of it.. I don't believe what some random GW manager says.

Those two are usually pretty good at leaving close ish hints.

Harry
23-11-2009, 20:17
Thanks

So only 2 Codexes next year, just like I've been saying all along.Nope. You were wrong when you said it then and your just as wrong now. :D

Harry has guaranteed 3 40K Codexes, and a 4th if all goes as planned. Well I don't remember any guarantee but that is what I said and I remain confident.

I just want to interject that Harry and Brimstone do not and have not promised anything. We're lucky to have them dropping hints and rumors to us and giving us the inside scoop, but they have not ever, that I recall, promised anything. They always temper everything schedule wise with "but this could change."
Thanks for that.

Errrrm. Not so reliable. :D

Sildani
23-11-2009, 20:33
Sorry Harry, should have said "supremely confident" then. :D

Ryar
24-11-2009, 03:10
Thanks to Harry for setting the record straight.

Thanghul
24-11-2009, 10:19
I just hope the DC upgrade character I have been working on is not in vain. I'd love to see the shock and awe a combi melta could bring the unit.

Brimstone
24-11-2009, 11:01
Sorry Harry, should have said "supremely confident" then. :D

Hang on this is GW we are talking about :p

Anyway I'm in complete agreement with Harry.

Vaktathi
24-11-2009, 11:37
mmm, while the thought of blood angels really doesn't appeal to me too much (I don't play them) the idea of an "unknown" book is very intriguing. That said it will be interesting to see what they do with Blood Angels, particularly if they give them CSM style ‹bergrip like SW's, or retain their current weapons loadout like the SM and DA books

So basically we have two 40k releases very close to each other, especially relative to the last few years, Nids in January and Blood Angels in March, with something else later in the year?

So, for potential army releases for later in the year we've got

Eldar (I'm guessing not likely)
Dark Eldar (supposedly under way but slated for 2011?)
Necrons (ditto)
Black Templars (would fit with the whole fleet based marine thing a couple people mentioned, but not dying for an update either)
Dark Angels (maybe? get to both of the Angels of Death in a single year back to back?)
Tau (doubtful, nothing heard on their front)
Witch Hunters (ditto, but would be nice)
Daemonhunters (ditto again)
Chaos Legions? (would be cool, but that's also a lot of marines in one year, and that project seems to have fallen silent, but there's always hope :D)

If I had to hazard a poorly educated guess, I'd say DE or Black Templars, followed by either Necrons or possibly Chaos Legions (this would put it about 3 years after the release of the CSM book, so it would make sense) if that endeavor hasn't been tanked.

Hokiecow
24-11-2009, 12:18
Wasn't the Black Templars ruled out?

Brimstone
24-11-2009, 12:42

By who, I can't recall?

Monachus
24-11-2009, 13:45

I vaguely remember someone saying they weren't coming soon,
it may well have been Harry, with my memory for names of late however it could be Sally

HsojVvad
24-11-2009, 14:05
So, for potential army releases for later in the year we've got

Eldar (I'm guessing not likely)
Dark Eldar (supposedly under way but slated for 2011?)
Necrons (ditto)
Black Templars (would fit with the whole fleet based marine thing a couple people mentioned, but not dying for an update either)
Dark Angels (maybe? get to both of the Angels of Death in a single year back to back?)
Tau (doubtful, nothing heard on their front)
Witch Hunters (ditto, but would be nice)
Daemonhunters (ditto again)
Chaos Legions? (would be cool, but that's also a lot of marines in one year, and that project seems to have fallen silent, but there's always hope :D)

If I had to hazard a poorly educated guess, I'd say DE or Black Templars, followed by either Necrons or possibly Chaos Legions (this would put it about 3 years after the release of the CSM book, so it would make sense) if that endeavor hasn't been tanked.

If we go by the SM non SM release, SM non SM release, it will have to be a Non SM release. So that would leave us Tau, or Chaos Legions (they are not considered SM correct? If they are considered SM, then no to them).

I like the idea of DA to get an AoD feel for being released in the same year, but unless they are releasing 4 codeciies in 2010, I can't see it being a SM chapter.

So who knows. (except for Brim and Harry :p )

Hokiecow
24-11-2009, 14:20
I guess it came from nejor comment in one of the GD threads.

warhound
24-11-2009, 14:31
I spoke to Phil kelly I was leaving with my shiny trophy and I can confirm that Tau have "literally just been started on" (his words) and that they will be due early to mid next year. (I have known Phil for some years and so will take his word)

Daren Parrwood is also working on an XV6 concept at the moment!;-) This will be FW only, but by that time may make it as a new plastic unit (conjecture!)

I only say this as Tau are the only army that I give a damn about;-)

cheers
WARHOUND

FerociousBeast
24-11-2009, 14:36
Harry and Brimstone agree on "3 40k codexes, and a 4th if all goes as planned."

What are they? The clues and circumstantial evidence suggest to me:

1 - Tyranids
2 - Blood Angels
3 - Dark Eldar
4 - Black Templars

3 and 4 could conceivably be swapped, but I can't see GW doing two loyalist marine dexes in a row. I could be wrong, but I just don't see it.

We know 1 and 2. That leaves 3 and 4 as unknown. Necrons are too soon, Inquisition as a single codex has been ruled out again and again (though we all know that it makes the most sense), ain't gonna be Tau. We know Dark Eldar have been in the works, and scuttlebutt from last year, early this year was that "late 2010 is the earliest we can expect to see Dark Eldar". So Dark Eldar are in my list.

Black Templars are a shoe-in for the "other half of the story". Fleet-based? Check. Armoury to be rid of? Check. Don't fit with 5th? Check. Oldest loyalist MEQ codex? Check.

The only alternative to either 3 or 4 that I would countenance would be a Daemonhunters codex. That codex has been in the wind for a while, and it could be "the other half". And, if DE gets pushed back to early 2011, then my money would be on DH being the 3rd or 4th release. But right now, DH gets my honorable mention rather than 3 or 4.

Lungboy
24-11-2009, 14:58
I don't see why "Blood Angels are only half the story" has to mean another codex release, it could just as easily be a big Marine release of another kind.

nejor
24-11-2009, 15:05
I guess it came from nejor comment in one of the GD threads.

Should be my fault indeed. :angel:

I am not willing to search and link, so I will reapeat:At GD italy, Alessio was asked in the Q&A if he was a BT player, he will laugh or cry in the next time. And he answered with "I will cry for long time".

But I remember some heavy hitters here being a little perplexed about my post, so maybe one full year is in GDLand is like a ten years for us mere mortals. Dunno... :wtf:

Anyway, it's no my fault! I was framed ny evil GD conspiracy

megatrons2nd
24-11-2009, 15:14
It could mean tears of joy?!

Brimstone
24-11-2009, 15:17

1 - Tyranids
2 - Blood Angels
3 - Dark Eldar
4 - Black Templars

Not bad but not quite correct ;)

The only alternative to either 3 or 4 that I would countenance would be a Daemonhunters codex. That codex has been in the wind for a while, and it could be "the other half". And, if DE gets pushed back to early 2011, then my money would be on DH being the 3rd or 4th release. But right now, DH gets my honorable mention rather than 3 or 4.

The Inquisition codicies will not be redone :angel:

nejor
24-11-2009, 15:23
It could mean tears of joy?!

Using my hindsight (the only exact science, they said), I came to conclusion to relax myself when GD talks, as their words are more ambiguous than delphi's oracle sentences (in a word: can be)

Emeraldw
24-11-2009, 15:26
We have heard Eldar rumblings which is why there have been two eldar wishlisting threads in general.

SPYDER68
24-11-2009, 15:27
1 - Tyranids
2 - Blood Angels
3 - Necrons
4 - Black Templars

?

It may even be possible of

1 Nids
2 Blood Angels
3 Templar
4 Necrons

Reason its possible for templar to be sooner.. its alot smaller of a release.. they dont need even close to as many models as Necrons would or another army, will give GW more time to get the 4th completly ready.

Brother Loki
24-11-2009, 15:42

Does that mean there will be something different? A combined inquisition or Imperial Agent codex perhaps?

Hokiecow
24-11-2009, 15:45
We have heard Eldar rumblings which is why there have been two eldar wishlisting threads in general.

I don't believe they are rumbling but people just hoping/wishing they might fill the rumored slot.

Sildani
24-11-2009, 16:34
That, plus neither Harry nor Brim have ever said "no, absolutely not" like they have with other ideas.

ThePope
24-11-2009, 16:47
Except that Brimstone has said there will be no Inquisition Codex?

SPYDER68
24-11-2009, 16:48
Dark Angels have already be hinted in another thread of not being on there, but Black templars have been.

Dark Eldar as many other keep saying and all other rumors are pointing to 2011.

Inquisition.. Ive yet to hear anything solid on them even getting a new book anytime soon.

Zinge
24-11-2009, 16:48
Any news on which models are being redone/new models.

Upgrade sprue maybe with bits for Baal pred Furioso dreads etc

Maybe Baal preds with HFs will be useful/viable

Anyone?

SPYDER68
24-11-2009, 16:54

Anyone?

Its to early to know.

Hokiecow
24-11-2009, 16:55
That, plus neither Harry nor Brim have ever said "no, absolutely not" like they have with other ideas.

Eldar will probably be a two releases after Dark Eldar. A while back someone had posted some rumor wishlisting as rumors. Some of the responses was that it's wasn't far from the truth. The DE-E pairing being one of them.

FerociousBeast
24-11-2009, 17:32
The Inquisition codicies will not be redone :angel:This could mean one of three things:

1) No more Inquisition codexes in 40k, period.
2) All Inquisition codexes combined into a single codex.
3) The various Inquisition-aligned armies will get their own codexes (for example, Codex: Inquisition/Imperial Agents, Codex: Grey Knights, and/or Codex: Sisters of Battle)

I doubt #1 because GW has stated they won't drop any armies that currently exist. They could change their minds, of course, but I'm taking them at their word here. I doubt #3 because it would involve increasing the number of armies GW will have to support.

I doubt #2 because we've heard again and again it won't happen. But it makes more sense than the other two, IMO, and GW could have finally seen reason...

Brimstone
24-11-2009, 17:34

Anyone?

Bit early to say I'm afraid but it's a good idea to look at the metals and consider what could be transferred to plastic.

Plus lots of cool BA stuff to make other chapters moan ;)

pjklan
24-11-2009, 17:44
Bit early to say I'm afraid but it's a good idea to look at the metals and consider what could be transferred to plastic.

it will take A LOT of cool stuff to make space wolves moan...

Vegeta365
24-11-2009, 17:50
But it will take some awesome plastics to make me a happy boy!

Oh that and the Eldar codex being updated slightly as planned!

ant1clock
24-11-2009, 18:07
What is the consensus of opinion as to the release date for the BA codex given that there was a rumour earlier in this thread about it being delayed.

Kirasu
24-11-2009, 18:49
1 - Tyranids
2 - Blood Angels
3 - Black Templars
4 - Necrons
5 - Sisters of battle
6 - Grey Knights
7 - Dark eldars

My guess

Edit: Not inquisition, but two differents orders, like now

Those last 4 guesses are GW's worst selling lines for 40k.. Gotta understand GW is a business (more so a corporation).. Cant have 4 weak armies in a row like that, they'd have to throw in actual popular armies in the mix

SPYDER68
24-11-2009, 18:53
Id guess Eldar, chaos, and possibly dark angels mixed into those last 4.

rabblerouser
24-11-2009, 18:53

I'm not sure about that... some of us would say the space wolves stuff way over the top with the wolf theme, but otherwise uninspiring. If that's where they are going with blood angels then we don't want any of it.

static grass
24-11-2009, 19:12

maybe but how much would it take them to say "OMG awesome a Space Marine riding a DOG! hoowwwwwll" :cheese:

Just give me a Blood Angel with a Space Wolf on leash and I will be happy.

Plastic Furioso Dreads, updated Razorbacks, amazing terminators (shucks again Plastic Death company, Plastic Honour Guard. Poss veteran assault marines.

There is still so much left to do :)

spagunk
24-11-2009, 20:22

Sooooo plastic DC? Probably not likely but eh worth a shot. VAS would be very awesome but would overlap vanguard, sternguard, MKI and MKII veterans a bit much.

Realistic:
Baal Pred plastic sprue (honestly, this can be included in the upgrade sprue rather than to the predator kit)
Plastic Furioso
Honour guard (forgot about these guys. However the current kit isn't that bad.)
Obligatory upgrade sprue (ala BT, SW, DA)

And that's about it. BA definitely have a small number of actual specific kits (aside from characters). I remember when they sold BA specific blister packs with two very nicely decorated BA bodies + generic plastic arms. Those were pretty nice IMO.

HsojVvad
24-11-2009, 20:50

1 - Tyranids
2 - Blood Angels
3 - Dark Eldar
4 - Black Templars

So could it be then

1-Tyarinds
2-Blood Angels
3- ???
4-Black Templars

That makes me sad no inquition codicies. That was my first army I really wanted to start but to expensive to do.

Also you said something about the minis that would make other chapters drool. Wow getting excited for the mini's now.

Irbian
24-11-2009, 21:10
Those last 4 guesses are GW's worst selling lines for 40k.. Gotta understand GW is a business (more so a corporation).. Cant have 4 weak armies in a row like that, they'd have to throw in actual popular armies in the mix

So, lets see

1 - Tyranids (confirmed)
2 - Blood Angels (almost confirmed)
3 - Black Templars (fleet based chapter)
4 - Necrons (they need a review)

5 - Dark Angels ("something is winging in our direction")
6 - Sisters of battle (inquisition is not redone. Is not the first time that I have listen that daemonhunters and such will change to each army)
7 - World Bearers (chaos legion will separate in codices to each god)
8 - Grey Knights

9 - Thousand Sons
10 - Dark eldars (the REALLY need a review)
11 - Tau (they have just started with them, so, from now, 2 years)

So, what do you think? This is based in the rumours here, in warseer but I can be wrong of course :P

Spectral Dragon
24-11-2009, 21:36

Space wolves used to be a worse seller than necrons. I actually run across a lot of necron players, not so many space wolves players. If they made new armies for the above "4 worst" that you mentioned I doubt they would be the "4 worst" after a new codex came out with the way GW is going.

"The inquisition will not get redone" would appear to go against what Harry said back in the latest large necron thread. Interesting.....

SteelTitan
24-11-2009, 23:13

WILL not be redone...

what if they are ALREADY redone and fill in the missing gaps of Brim's comment of this list not being bad but not quite correct!!!

1. Nids
2. BA
3. DA
4. BT

:eek:

Ravenheart
24-11-2009, 23:25
So, what do you think?

No offense; but I think that you people get worked up much by baffling comments of Harry & Co.

Personally, I miss the days when rumor providers quickly came to the point instead of screwing with everyones mind for their own amusment.

The Dude
24-11-2009, 23:37
Personally, I miss the days when rumor providers quickly came to the point instead of screwing with everyones mind for their own amusment.

If you think they get any amusement out of it (or much anyway) then you are missing the point.

I think it's quite clear what bothe Brimstone and Harry are driving at. It's just some people WANT to beleive certain things SO MUCH that they will read anything into statements that are quite plain.

They can't outright say, because they will lose the contacts they have. We're lucky we get what we do.

vash1223
25-11-2009, 00:08

Wait isn't that contradicting to the fact that Jervis Johnson said they would be redone?

SPYDER68
25-11-2009, 00:20
Wait isn't that contradicting to the fact that Jervis Johnson said they would be redone?

You could also look at it as it will be renamed something different and a joint release of WH's and DH's

vash1223
25-11-2009, 00:23
You could also look at it as it will be renamed something different and a joint release of WH's and DH's

He responded to numerous forumgoers' emails consistently saying something like this:

There will be no combined codex
The codices will focus on the chambers militant (Grey Knights, Sisters of Battle)
There is no planned Xenohunters/Deathwatch codex
They will be near the end of the development cycle

So wouldn't that still conflict with what Brimstone is saying?

Scryer in the Darkness
25-11-2009, 00:31

Codex: Grey Knights would not be a redo of Codex: Daemonhunters.

SPYDER68
25-11-2009, 00:36
I dunno havent seen that email.

x-esiv-4c
25-11-2009, 00:37
No offense; but I think that you people get worked up much by baffling comments of Harry & Co.

I think they are under GW orders not to release specifics.

The Dude
25-11-2009, 00:38
He responded to numerous forumgoers' emails consistently saying something like this:

There will be no combined codex
The codices will focus on the chambers militant (Grey Knights, Sisters of Battle)
There is no planned Xenohunters/Deathwatch codex
They will be near the end of the development cycle

If the books focus on the chambers militant, they may not include Inquisitors at all, therefore making what Brimstone said correct ;)

shabbadoo
25-11-2009, 00:45
Heard an off-the-cuff rumor, so scoop of salt here. The person I chatted with did confirm the Fortress of Redemption as a production piece 5 months out though, so I guess we'll see what sort of track record they will have with this stuff. :D

*Plastic Furioso

*Plastic Baal Predator

*Plastic Terminators(Space Hulk-like detail)

*Plastic BA marines set(like SW basic set; combines with other sets to give a BA theme every other unit in the BA list)

The Terminators set seems odd but is believable, seeing as the Space Hulk stuff is limited to just Space Hulk and the response to the BA minis in it has been exceptional. I see the others as very likely. I have no idea as to what is first wave, second wave, whatever, but if I had to put money on it I would say the power armored set and a vehicle for first wave. Sorry, no rules stuff, as the people I chat with are only interested in the model aspect of things.

boreas
25-11-2009, 01:09
If the books focus on the chambers militant, they may not include Inquisitors at all, therefore making what Brimstone said correct ;)

That would be horrible... No =I=? No cool henchmen? No penitent engines, arco-flagellant or daemonhosts?

Argh...

Phil

The Dude
25-11-2009, 01:16
That would be horrible... No =I=? No cool henchmen? No penitent engines, arco-flagellant or daemonhosts?

I could see all of those things going to Apocalypse only, thereby allowing crazy mixed army lists to not be a real issue.

This would also allow them to focus on balancing the fully self contained lists. You could also see some new units made to replace those that fall away.

FerociousBeast
25-11-2009, 02:04
Apocalypse, in my opinion, would be particularly unsuited to the theme of the Inquisition. Seeing Inquisitors in skirmish-level conflicts is a stretch as it is.

trigger
25-11-2009, 02:28

Argh...

Phil

Archo flagelents and penitant engines are elisiarch not =I= so they should still be in the codex.

As for deamon hosts there pants ...

Gu Long: Ancient Dragon
25-11-2009, 04:27
As for deamon hosts there pants ...

Rules wise yes, but fluff wise they are quiet cool, would be a shame to see them go (Inquisitors too)

OT: I would love to see a plastic furioso, not a BA player myself but always loved the fluff and the old metal furioso was one of my fav models when it came out.

Gu

CKO
25-11-2009, 04:38
Should the Baal predator have more shots?

I think assault 6 instead of 4 will make it more unique.

The Dude
25-11-2009, 04:45
Why does it have to be more unique?

It's the only Predator with a TL Assault Cannon on the Turret. That's pretty unique, IMO.

Madgear Thundaklutch
25-11-2009, 05:04
Just give me a Blood Angel with a Space Wolf on leash and I will be happy.

That would be for the DA, not BA :D

9 - Thousand Sons

Its cute, Tsons is 9th on your list, but i doubt they would get their own dex. :cries:

CKO
25-11-2009, 05:37
Unique is the wrong word, I should have said better. Razorbacks and Landraiders can have the same weapon, razorbacks with twin-linked assault cannon is 75pts while the baal is 100pts. For 25pts you get more av, I think the tank needs to be stronger, so it wont be called

A

Predator with a TL Assault Cannon on the Turret.

Keep up the great job with release info! ;)

The Dude
25-11-2009, 05:42
But it IS a Predator with a TL Assault Cannon in the turret. Why should it be called anything else?

someone2040
25-11-2009, 07:00
Unique is the wrong word, I should have said better. Razorbacks and Landraiders can have the same weapon, razorbacks with twin-linked assault cannon is 75pts while the baal is 100pts. For 25pts you get more av, I think the tank needs to be stronger, so it wont be called

A

Keep up the great job with release info! ;)
But neither Razorbacks nor Landraiders come with suped up engines while Baal's do. So Baals pay points for the engines and extra armour, which aint bad for 25 points. They also can get sponsons for more firepower compared to a Razorback, while still being a lot cheaper than a Landraider.

Motley
25-11-2009, 07:17
Soooo the other half of the story ......... mmmmmmmmmmm a fleet base chapter.....mmmmmm not the black templars.......mmmmmmm ..... grey knights??...if this is the other half of the story.........nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:evilgrin:

The Dude
25-11-2009, 07:23
mmmmmm not the black templars.......

To echo Brimstone, who said this? I can't find it anywhere :confused:

murrytheskull
25-11-2009, 08:02
Nejor reported Alessio Cavatore saying something along the lines of the following in the games day Italy rumour thread

"Another guy asked "If you is a Black templar player you will smile or cry to future?" and he said "I will cry for long time" and almost the same was said on the DA ("many things to do before").
Last was very bad news for me (even if expected)."

Depends what his definition of a long time is i suppose?

The Dude
25-11-2009, 09:05
Depends what his definition of a long time is i suppose?

Exactly. If, as many have supposed, they are around Q3 2010, that would make it around a year after the question was asked. I think that could qualify as a long time.

Lungboy
25-11-2009, 09:22
Codex: GK would relegate them to just another Marine 'dex. It's being able to field them in a mixed army with IST, Inquisitors, GK etc that makes them unique and worthwhile.

Irbian
25-11-2009, 09:34

Sorry sir, my english is not as good as I would like, but I found clear that "What do you think" is a question to you, the community, not you, Brimstone.

scarletsquig
25-11-2009, 10:06
Blood Angels next March still, I think.

Then another space marine codex later in the year.

Pretty good year for space marines. :D

WokeUpDead
25-11-2009, 12:12
..Pretty good year for space marines. :D

well, that's a change.. *cough* ;)

Axeman1n
25-11-2009, 13:16
Twilight FTL. Why must GW base their codex releases on the popularity of Werewolves(Space Wolves) and Vampires (Blood Angels)?

canyoneromikos
25-11-2009, 13:23
Twilight FTL. Why must GW base their codex releases on the popularity of Werewolves(Space Wolves) and Vampires (Blood Angels)?

Putting side the fact that people that follow twilight are normally 13-25 girls, a group games workshop really doesnt appeal to, if they really were gunna bring them out during twilight films why wouldnt they dely blood angels until the next one in a years time?

Shibboleth
25-11-2009, 13:50
1 - Tyranids (confirmed)
2 - Blood Angels (almost confirmed)
3 - Black Templars (fleet based chapter)
4 - Necrons (they need a review)
This is what I also reckon for 2010, although I'd prefer some Chaos Legion instead of BT.

Hadafix
25-11-2009, 15:00
As a BT player, I dont mind if a new codex takes till 2011-12 as the C:BT is still strong enough to cope with whats been dished out so far.

GK are not a fleet based, they have a home world and DA have a home "rock", so neither are truly fleet based.

Hope the the C:BA works out and get the kind of love dished out to the C:SM, IG and SW.

SPYDER68
25-11-2009, 15:14

/sigh. i hate Twilight refrences..

I can see somone even considering 6 months as a long time.

when that question was asked.. how many codex's have we had since then ?

and at least 2 more are pretty much confirmed before Templars could even be possible.

Easliy a long time.

Hokiecow
25-11-2009, 15:29

GW had been doing the Wolf/Bat theme before it became popular.
Now if GW changed the models and/or the names to reflect Twilight, House of Night, True Blood.... then I would be concerned. :(

Karhedron
25-11-2009, 16:10

Your careful usage of the plural leads to me suspect you mean more than you are saying. We know that GW have promised all existing armies will continue to be supported (no repeat of the squat fiasco). Logically the only way to reconcile these 2 statements is that in fact there will be a single unified Inquisition codex! :D

Of course logic merely allows one to be wrong with authority. ;)

In the current economic climate it is a pretty cost-effective form of entertainment. ;)

spagunk
25-11-2009, 16:18
I am not terribly confident about the whole plastic BA terminator thing. Aside from basically telling everyone that the BA were nearly wiped out in two space hulk incidents, I do not find much precedent for more terminators. It would be a nice thing to have but not much support for it IMO. Besides, I haven't even started painting the current Space Hulk terminators I have, let alone the addition of even more (No reason to seeing as how I already have 15 left over from 3rd ed)!

szlachcic
25-11-2009, 19:44
I am not terribly confident about the whole plastic BA terminator thing. Aside from basically telling everyone that the BA were nearly wiped out in two space hulk incidents, I do not find much precedent for more terminators. It would be a nice thing to have but not much support for it IMO. Besides, I haven't even started painting the current Space Hulk terminators I have, let alone the addition of even more (No reason to seeing as how I already have 15 left over from 3rd ed)!

I also would be surprised if they "wasted" a plastic kit on Terminators seeing as Space Hulk had BA Terminators. Granted, SH was limited, so they may just be trying to give BAs the same treatment as DAs and SWs. Personally I don't really need more standard termies, but if they do bring one out and it looks great I would pick one up to build assault terminators, which I have none of currently. However, I would much rather see a plastic Death Company set than a new Terminator set.

So, if I had to wishlist I would want BA plastic Troop Upgrade set (like the SW one), plastic Baal Pred, plastic Furioso, Plastic Death Company (or at the very least new metal ones), metal Characters.

canyoneromikos
25-11-2009, 20:29
Well id probably say that unlike space wolves and Dark Andels, Blood Angel Terminators can be represented well enough with the standard kit whereas the wolf guard and the deathwing are different enough to warrent seperate kits (deathwing with cloaks and wolfguard with runes and so forth) Therefore it would be more likely to see death company and other strictly blood angel units like the furioso and the baal preadator. But thats just speculating now.

Killgore
25-11-2009, 21:09
Terminators sell incredably well, people cant get enougth of them.

Why would GW ignore making a BA Terminator kit when Death Company/ Veterans/ standard marines could be created from a Space Wolves type sprue.

Emeraldw
25-11-2009, 21:15
If new Blood Angel Terminators look like as good as the Space Wolf ones, you know they will go quickly.

Ryusa
25-11-2009, 21:27
If new Blood Angel Terminators look like as good as the Space Wolf ones, you know they will go quickly.

Yep!!!

I wonder if the Blood Angels will follow the trend of the SW and be able to field an entire terminator army... that would sell like crazy!!!

SPYDER68
25-11-2009, 21:28
Thread is turning into wishlisting/speculation :( gonna get it locked...

The Dude
25-11-2009, 22:39
Personally, I don't see why it shouldn't. They're a bit far out to be getting anything reliable yet.

spagunk
25-11-2009, 23:41
Personally, I don't see why it shouldn't. They're a bit far out to be getting anything reliable yet.

I would agree (having particiapted in the wish-listing myself :( ). Not enough information to keep this open...unless the powers that be are trying to tell us we are on the right track ;) .

Zanzibarthefirst
26-11-2009, 00:11
should this thread end, there will be no rumours for 40k. I remember times when there were multiple rumour threads which got regular and valid contributions to each of them, and now we have nothing but to wait for GW to spring things onto us expecting us to have money available to we can whimsically buy things

The Dude
26-11-2009, 00:15
Well people can go on speculating on next year's releases if they want, it's just not really in line with the thread title...

massey
26-11-2009, 00:33
Rumor threads have been pretty pointless lately. Nobody but a select handful have any sources, and so naturally people try to speculate when those people with sources drop hints. But apparently that's "wishlisting" and gets threads locked. If they want to keep it on topic, they should make threads that only like 5 people can post on.

boreas
26-11-2009, 00:57
Rumor threads have been pretty pointless lately. Nobody but a select handful have any sources, and so naturally people try to speculate when those people with sources drop hints. But apparently that's "wishlisting" and gets threads locked. If they want to keep it on topic, they should make threads that only like 5 people can post on.

There is definitely some tension building in the community because of the rumors lock-out. Now, I can't say if that lock-out is a good or a bad thing, but unhappiness is never good... :confused:

Phil

Zanzibarthefirst
26-11-2009, 01:02
Well people can go on speculating on next year's releases if they want, it's just not really in line with the thread title...

and unfortunately there is insufficent evidence to support a thread dedicated to next years releases. At best a thread in the general section could happen. Anything like this in the news/rumours section will/should get locked pretty quickly because there is very little to add.

As one of the msot popular discussion boards on Warseer, the lack of substancial rumours is really hampering its popularity through no fault of its own. I however cannot see any improvement in this and I feear this board may go the same way as the fantasy board :(

The Dude
26-11-2009, 01:38

There's a difference between speculation and wishlisting.

"We know X and Y, therefore I suspect Z" is speculating

"What I'd like to see is Z" is wishlisting

Wolf Scout Ewan
26-11-2009, 01:47
The only thing I'm inrested in now after wolves is the Stormtroopers for Guard... but if they arent what I am looking for I'll be buying something that isnt made by gw. I was interested n seeing the new BA stuff but frankly I'm now bored of waiting.

Griffindale
26-11-2009, 10:24
There's a difference between speculation and wishlisting.

"We know X and Y, therefore I suspect Z" is speculating

"What I'd like to see is Z" is wishlisting

So... speculating is ok? Or are both wishlisting and speculating right out?

I managed to get my hands on a copy of the old BloodQuest graphic novel and I really enjoyed it so Blood Angels is one of the armies I'm really looking forward to seeing.

Now for the speculation:

They brought back digi-lasers in the Space Marine codex. I wonder if Tycho will be present in the new codex, and I wonder if he'll be cool again instead of watered down like he is currently. With the prevalence of special characters I'm thinking he will be.

Sarigar
26-11-2009, 10:56
I think I've finally caught up with all the reading on various 2010 rumors. Taking the info from Brim, Harry and the Dude, it seems pretty clear we're going to see:

Tyranids
Blood Angels
Black Templars
Possibly 1 more codex (lots of wishlisting here)

Not sure why BT would need a new codex. I'm starting to think it's easier to make new plastic Space Marine stuff as their line of plastics is massive. Easier to modify existing designs with bits of flavor (DAs, BAs and SWs; why not BT).

As for my wishlisting, I would love to see an Angels of Death Codex. A set of rules for DA that people would actually play would boost sales of a great line of minis. Boring rules do not entice me to pay hundreds of dollars for a new army. (sorry Jervis)

GW: If you make a fun set of rules for DA, they would sell. This is an army folks have loved, but feel they've gotten poorly written rules going back as far as 2nd edition. Heck, I was ready to begin collecting Terminators back when it was rumored an FAQ would come out giving Deathwing the same equipment as normal Marines (Storm Shield, Cyclones).

Since, I'm still in Iraq, I've got some time to wait and see what comes out early next year.

HsojVvad
26-11-2009, 14:57
I think I've finally caught up with all the reading on various 2010 rumors. Taking the info from Brim, Harry and the Dude, it seems pretty clear we're going to see:

Tyranids
Blood Angels
Black Templars
Possibly 1 more codex (lots of wishlisting here)

Why would you say BT? I don't ever remember GW releasing 2 SM chapters in a row. Has this been done before?

Shibboleth
26-11-2009, 16:08
Why would you say BT? I don't ever remember GW releasing 2 SM chapters in a row. Has this been done before?Because, of the 4 supposed Codexes next year the first two are known, another Codex is most likely Necrons but won't be ready until later than the other mystery Codex, which is known to be SM of some kind and supposedly fleet based (thus BT), and must fit in that third slot...
No one has confirmed it, but it has yet to be dismissed either.

HsojVvad
26-11-2009, 16:55
Because, of the 4 supposed Codexes next year the first two are known, another Codex is most likely Necrons but won't be ready until later than the other mystery Codex, which is known to be SM of some kind and supposedly fleet based (thus BT), and must fit in that third slot...
No one has confirmed it, but it has yet to be dismissed either.

I was thinking more of the lines of Tyranids, BA, Mystery codex, and if the 4th codex comes out would be BT, other wise they might be first in line in 2011. But eh, GW needs money to survive, so I wouldn't be too surprised if it was BT after BA.

Just curious, what do you think "wining our way" could be then? I don't see how that would apply to BT.

Fable
26-11-2009, 16:58

I think any Eldar rumblings are more a result of the wishlist threads than anything else. The codex only came out in 2006. It's just passing its half-life. I would be surprised to see a new one before 6th edition.

I don't believe they are rumbling but people just hoping/wishing they might fill the rumored slot.

I concur. Rumors stemming from wish lists.

As an Eldar player I'd say that is probably because it is easier to leave us delusional then to deal with us brooding over some imagined slight by not having our codex on the list.

Based on the more plausible rumors I've read I'd think Nids, BA and BT are the three that are expected to come out this year. I don't think GW really frets over releasing back to back Marine books. I'm expecting the question mark comes from if a project they're working on will be completed on time... if it is then we'll see it come out after BA and BT will close out the year... otherwise we'll see BT moved up and we'll only get the three.

The Dude
26-11-2009, 22:19
Given Harry and Brimstone have said it will still be a Fantasy-heavy year, it could be safe to assume all the 40K releases will be low hanging fruit, as it were.

Sarigar
27-11-2009, 09:43
In other words, armies that don't require much update in the way of models.

Hokiecow
27-11-2009, 11:32
In other words, armies that don't require much update in the way of models.

Besides Space Marines variations (which are always on the plate) and Eldar (which have not been rumored to released soon), what armies would be low hanging fruit?

Karhedron
27-11-2009, 12:04
Besides Space Marines variations (which are always on the plate) and Eldar (which have not been rumored to released soon), what armies would be low hanging fruit?

Hard to say but I think perhaps we could rule some armies out if this is the case. Necrons, DE and Inquisition are all substantial workload items. In the case of DE, we know that the entire line is in scope for a resclupt. For Necrons the current range is quite small and GW would likely look to expand it substantially. FOr Inquisition there is the indecision about what to do with them. Amalgamate them? Split off the Chamber militants from the Inquisition goodies? Where to put Deathwatch now that Sternguard have stolen all their special ammo? ;)

If we go with the "low hanging fruit" theory then I would say we can discount any of the above. We can also discount the following because they have either been redone recently or are known to be coming soon.

Marines
SWs
BAs
Nids
Orks
CSM
Daemons

That leaves the following armies as our potential "low hanging fruit".

Eldar
DAs
BTs
Tau

There is also the possibilty of a Chaos Legions book of some sort. So we have 5 potential candidates to fill 2 release slots. Valid arguments could be made for any of these but without some sort of solid information I don't see anything convincing. Perhaps the comment of "only half the story" implies BAs or BTs as being one of the releases but I would not put money on it.

Souleater
27-11-2009, 13:43
Eldar, and DA are to me fairly recent (but check which armies I play!)

Of your remaining LHF candiates I think BT and Tau are very likely.

Tau are an easy rules fix and will see a nice boost in FW sales. BT...well they are marines and will be the oldest loyalists (if not SM full stop) once BA are out.

HsojVvad
27-11-2009, 15:15
If we go with the "low hanging fruit" theory then I would say we can discount any of the above. We can also discount the following because they have either been redone recently or are known to be coming soon.

Marines
SWs
BAs
Nids
Orks
CSM
Daemons

That leaves the following armies as our potential "low hanging fruit".

Eldar
DAs
BTs
Tau

There is also the possibilty of a Chaos Legions book of some sort.

I totally agree with you. I say we can eliminat DA and BT, because BA will or should be released. As i said in other posts, if we go by the SM, non SM release, SM pattern, that could only mean Eldar, Tau or CLB. Unless GW decides to do a SM, SM back to back release to get money in these hard economic times. My guess BT could be the other half of the story and either a November 2010 release or a January 2011 release.

Btw, what is ment by low hanging fruit? I don't get it.

Irbian
27-11-2009, 15:30
Wait, isnt tau 2 years from now based on the last GD?

shabbadoo
27-11-2009, 20:09
Btw, what is ment by low hanging fruit? I don't get it.

It is a nice little colloquialism meaning "something that is easy to achieve or solve"

HsojVvad
27-11-2009, 20:16
It is a nice little colloquialism meaning "something that is easy to achieve or solve"

DOH! I should have seen that. *smacks head*

Irbian
27-11-2009, 20:50
I have searched in the deepest hell to find this:

He probably said Craftworld Eldar just to make sure that people realize there's a chance for the Dark Eldar codex to find itself a slot in 2010.

Give that man a cigar

So 2010...
*Tyranids
*Blood Angels
*Black Templars
*Dark Eldars (if everythings goes right)
...?

Hokiecow
27-11-2009, 21:06
Tau are an easy rules fix and will see a nice boost in FW sales. BT...well they are marines and will be the oldest loyalists (if not SM full stop) once BA are out.

Tau could use the same treatment as the Necrons, their range is fairly small and their last codex didn't add much. It was the low picking fruit for the time. I have to believe GW will give them more attention the next time around.

Black Hand
27-11-2009, 21:40

Dear gawd, I hope not. For all the patient waiting and .pdf bs we've gone through, I really hope not. But that's something we all have to endure. There will be some "printing error" in every codex/army book somewhere from cover to cover.

lonepilgrim
28-11-2009, 11:31
I'm not sure how much you can read into this but on page 46 of UK White Dwarf 360:

Avid tournament gamer Pete Foley hasn't added anything to his Eldar army since we spoke to him. In fact, he's loaned his Eldar to the games developers for playtesting, and is currently working on a very different project...

The question is, are they playtesting a new Eldar armylist or using them as opponents to playtest against?

Brimstone
28-11-2009, 11:37
I think this is the third thread on this subject no Craftworld Eldar anytime soon now lets get back to the topic please.

The Warseer Inquisition

Fable
28-11-2009, 14:15
no Craftworld Eldar anytime soon

Thank you!

Sildani
28-11-2009, 15:48
I think this is the third thread on this subject no Craftworld Eldar anytime soon now lets get back to the topic please.

The Warseer Inquisition

Thank you indeed.

leonmallett
28-11-2009, 16:08
Not wishlisting, just a speculative punt.

The low-hanging fruit theory makes sense, well as much as anything with GW does (not a knock, but just a reflection that their decisions re: revisting which armies in which order tend towards the...arcane...for wont of a better word).

Given two 'known' codexes (Tyranids and BA), and the plan of one, possibly two, more next year, then if considereing the two halves of the story allusion (I may be misquoting), then it seems to point to DA to me. they can arguably fit the 'fleet-based' hint in some ways, but that does suit BT more.

The reson why I suspect DA is that they may repeat the decision to look at BA and DA at the same time (as last time, although BA players were short-changed in not getting a 'full' codex). DA could be considered low-hanging fruit in some ways - a couple more special characters, and re-tuning existing units to become in line with SM and BA makes a lot of sense, plus as shown with SW a plethora of plastic is not required - a plastic DA terminator sprue would fit the main gap.

BT fit the bill nearly as well as DA, but the relative closeness of DA to SM and BA lists (in some ways), arguably makes them a little easier in considering.

Now if the SM/non-SM trend were followed, maybe that is the codex to try to squeeze in - but don't GW generally like an SM (or CSM...) codex or other widely populist release before Christmas? That makes me think of a DA or BT release.

Which brings us back to the fourth possible codex. Logically it makes sense that that would be the fourth in line, but that may not be in the preferred quarter, so what if the 'squeezed in' release actually popped up between BA and whatever hit late in 2010? The two obvious quick-turnaround codex candidates would be Tau or Eldar, neither of which needs major work in the way of many other projects, arguably. maybe splash out the release with a couple of new models? What if the 4th rumoured release isn't a codex, but a supplement? now I know the terminology is usually specific, but it would allow unrealsed models to be splash relased around it. That doesn't fit with 2010 being the year of WHFB, so I come back to a codex/army release not a supplement.

So for my speculation (if we see 4 army updates/books):

1. Tyranids
2. Blood Angels
3. Tau as the 'bonus' codex - it will be five years out, they can add in 'technological improvements' (as they have through the lifespan of Tau as an army), and they have utilised FW designs as basis for new kits before, so there may be some room to do so again as a quick-fix model development; yes it is normally 18 months turnaround, but that is from basic concept work, which FW have arguably got a handle on.
4. Dark Angels

Of course, this is probably horrendously wide of the mark...

Souleater
28-11-2009, 16:27
Tau could use the same treatment as the Necrons, their range is fairly small and their last codex didn't add much. It was the low picking fruit for the time. I have to believe GW will give them more attention the next time around.

I would hope so. Repeated quick fixes might lead to an army becoming a little stale. It also means they have to be 'fixed' more often (both ruleswise and figurewise) than if they are given a big update.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing what they do with BA. They were my parent chapter when I played SM. It is funny to see GW getting sucked into the current vampire bandwagon. I wonder if BA will be more True Blood or Twilight? Hopefully, something unique that avoids 'Blood...(Unit/Gear') naming.

leonmallett
28-11-2009, 16:37
I would hope so. Repeated quick fixes might lead to an army becoming a little stale. It also means they have to be 'fixed' more often (both ruleswise and figurewise) than if they are given a big update.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing what they do with BA. They were my parent chapter when I played SM. It is funny to see GW getting sucked into the current vampire bandwagon. I wonder if BA will be more True Blood or Twilight? Hopefully, something unique that avoids 'Blood...(Unit/Gear') naming.

Your pun aside:

It is funny to see GW getting sucked into the current vampire bandwagon

(emphasis mine - great pun!), the vampiric element has been there in some way with Blood Angels as long as second edition if I recall rightly. GW are not jumping on any bandwagon, since vampiric BA's pre-date your cited examples...

Griffindale
28-11-2009, 20:13
errr... Ok, let me try this rumour thing out real quick.

Ok, we "know" that Blood Angels are coming after tyranids as the next 40k release.

Brimstone just shut down a question thread about the Black Templars, but in doing so said "the answer is sooner than you think".

I have heard it said that 2010 will be a fantasy heavy year with few releases in 40k. Has anyone heard how many we can rougly expect?

The rumourmill also used to tell me that we might be getting an "Angels of Death" codex. I think this was quashed some time ago, but I can't find anything specifically saying that so I'm going to leave it as a possibility.

We now know that Black Templars will be coming fairly soon. Maybe even after the BA codex. If they do an Angels of Death codex then a BT codex next year they will round out all of their space marine business for this edition. With Brimstone's teaser I think we may get Black Templars next year as well.

Blood Angels and Black Templars are some of my favorite chapters so it would be really cool.

Souleater
28-11-2009, 20:46
GW are not jumping on any bandwagon, since vampiric BA's pre-date your cited examples...

You misunderstand, I'm referring to the 'bandwagon' of vampire popularity over the past few years. (They are always popular but seem even more so recently). I don't know if GW are deliberately trying to cash in on it but it seems like a lucky coincidence at any rate.

One of the things that attracted me to BA was their hinted at vampiric nature. I hope they don't go too over the top with it this time around.

I apologise for the pun, which was entirely unintentional! :D

Griffindale
28-11-2009, 20:48
If anything GW is just cashing in on their current popularity(of vampires). I wish I had the insight into their mindset to know if that was an intentional marketing decision or what.

leonmallett
28-11-2009, 20:52
You misunderstand, I'm referring to the 'bandwagon' of vampire popularity over the past few years. (They are always popular but seem even more so recently)

One of the things that attracted me to BA was their hinted at vampiric nature. I hope they don't go too over the top with it this time around.

I apologise for the pun, which was entirely unintentional! :D

If anything GW is just cashing in on their current popularity(of vampires). I wish I had the insight into their mindset to know if that was an intentional marketing decision or what.

To you both - to suggest the 'bandwagon' premise is to disregard what has been established for 15+ years - ie it is not in the 'past few years'.

It has been there long before the current trends and will persist afterwards. I don't expect it to be changed in the way it is presented, so how can any accusation of jumping on a bandwagon therefore hold up? Answer is - it can't.

Of course we are drifting off-topic here...

Hokiecow
28-11-2009, 21:43

It's already been said many times in this thread. BA are not new and the vampire theme for BA is not new. They aren't jumping on any bandwagon, if anything they are piggy backing off of Space Hulk.

UrielSynthesis
28-11-2009, 23:38
What he is trying to say is that GW decided to refresh Blood Angels at this point in time to cash in on the current vampire interest in popular culture, since Blood Angels have this vampiric slant to them.

You guys continue to completely miss his point by repeating that BA have been vampiric for a while now. I don't understand this since it was a very easy point to comprehend.

Mind you I personally think the whole thing is a coincidence. I don't see the two audiences overlapping in any significant way.

GideonRavenor
28-11-2009, 23:55
Twilight would not encourage me to play Blood Angels (I already do, anyway). Indeed, it would have the opposite effect, as would it on most teenage boys - even those who are not militant Anne Rice fans, and thus bound to oppose Twilight at all opportunity.

I do not believe Blood Angels sparkle, nor do I expect them to in the new codex. I do, however, suspect the vampire image is something we shall see a little more of, along with the Renaissance hints; anything, really, to bestow more flavour.

UrielSynthesis
29-11-2009, 00:14
There is virtually no overlap between Twilight and Warhammer 40k fans (at least I hope there isn't).

A lot of people like True Blood but honestly, it isn't that popular and it doesn't make people go vampire-crazy and want to buy a bunch of vampire stuff, especially BA which are so thematically different from that show that they might as well not be vampires.

As far as the BA themselves, I'm sure GW will take the vampire theme and run with it and I'm honestly not too happy about it. I like BA but the idea of Space Marine vampires is pretty lame to me.

I think the reason I don't like the idea of the vampire thing becoming prevelant is because it opens the door to making them more emo/melodramatic than they already are. They are already teetering close to Dark Angels-level lameness in that regard and I don't want it to go any further. Just suck it up and go kick ass for the Imperium because it is your JOB.

If they do become overtly vampiric they rightfully need to be cleansed by the holy fires of the Inquisition.

leonmallett
29-11-2009, 00:26
What he is trying to say is that GW decided to refresh Blood Angels at this point in time to cash in on the current vampire interest in popular culture, since Blood Angels have this vampiric slant to them.

You guys continue to completely miss his point by repeating that BA have been vampiric for a while now. I don't understand this since it was a very easy point to comprehend.

Mind you I personally think the whole thing is a coincidence. I don't see the two audiences overlapping in any significant way.

Except to suggest that saying they are cashing in is no different to jumping on a bandwagon. It is differnt phraseology to mean the same thing.

It is a silly notion to even suggest it in my view (sorry if that sounds critical, but I do view it as silly).

Assuming 18-24 months of advance work then they are not 'cashing in'. No more than they did in 2006. Or in 1998 (?). Or whenever.

Irbian
29-11-2009, 00:26
Not whinning but, have somebody read the info I posted? XD

UrielSynthesis
29-11-2009, 00:34
Except to suggest that saying they are cashing in is no different to jumping on a bandwagon. It is differnt phraseology to mean the same thing.

It is a silly notion to even suggest it in my view (sorry if that sounds critical, but I do view it as silly).

Assuming 18-24 months of advance work then they are not 'cashing in'. No more than they did in 2006. Or in 1998 (?). Or whenever.

I think the idea was silly too, no argument there. What I'm saying is, he suggested that they wanted to release Blood Angels now because of their existing vampiric theme. Everyone somehow misinterpereted that as saying "BA are going to be made vampires for the first time ever because vampires are popular right now".

There is faulty logic at play here. The fact that BA have decades-old vampire fluff has nothing to do with whether or not GW is "bandwagoning". It's silly to suggest they are jumping on a bandwagon, but even sillier to suggest that the timestamp on their vampire fluff somehow precludes the possibility.

leonmallett
29-11-2009, 00:47
I think the idea was silly too, no argument there. What I'm saying is, he suggested that they wanted to release Blood Angels now because of their existing vampiric theme. Everyone somehow misinterpereted that as saying "BA are going to be made vampires for the first time ever because vampires are popular right now".

There is faulty logic at play here. The fact that BA have decades-old vampire fluff has nothing to do with whether or not GW is "bandwagoning". It's silly to suggest they are jumping on a bandwagon, but even sillier to suggest that the timestamp on their vampire fluff would negate the idea.

I wouldn't agree sillier (ie to make a comparison of relative silliness), because that would require either the power of prescient prediction of popular trends 2 years out by GW, or that they would indeed respond to success way outside of their core market (neither Twilight nor True Blood would be aimed at the key GW demographic I think we can all agree). It would also require a silliness rating scale... :p

So instead of agreeing or disagreeing scales of silliness, lets agree that both ideas are equally silly, and way off the point of the thread really.

Thanghul
29-11-2009, 01:07

The Warseer Inquisition

Yes we get it (welll I hope we do), Dark Eldar are closer to done than Necrons or Tau. I wonder if I can find that box of blended craft/dark eldar I was doing some 5 years ago....

All I really want to know though, and I suspect I won't know this until March next year, will Seth be in Codex BA and will he allow multiple units of DC.

And probably equally so, will JeeDub release the flesh tearer shoulders again?

I look forward to whatever 2010 brings.

UrielSynthesis
29-11-2009, 01:10
You just know that, to go along with the Vampire tropes, there is going to be a thin, pretty-boy vampire special character along the lines of Sigvald the Magnificent (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat50025&prodId=prod1550008) from WHFB's Warriors of Chaos.

The Dude
29-11-2009, 01:52
So for my speculation (if we see 4 army updates/books):

1. Tyranids
2. Blood Angels
3. Tau as the 'bonus' codex - it will be five years out, they can add in 'technological improvements' (as they have through the lifespan of Tau as an army), and they have utilised FW designs as basis for new kits before, so there may be some room to do so again as a quick-fix model development; yes it is normally 18 months turnaround, but that is from basic concept work, which FW have arguably got a handle on.
4. Dark Angels

Of course, this is probably horrendously wide of the mark...

Not as wide as you may think.

We all know you've got at least 50% right ;)

HsojVvad
29-11-2009, 05:18

So what 50% would that be? :D kidding there.

Am I missing something here? When did BA become Vampirish? I don't ever remember them biting peoples neck and sucking their blood. I don't even remember BA drinking their enemies blood either. So where is all this BA are vampires coming from?

The Dude
29-11-2009, 06:05
Am I missing something here? When did BA become Vampirish? I don't ever remember them biting peoples neck and sucking their blood. I don't even remember BA drinking their enemies blood either. So where is all this BA are vampires coming from?

It was aluded to in early 2nd edition, then confirmed in 2nd edition Codex. It was then made more blatent in 3rd edition (as was everything else in the game ;)).

It's been around for quite some time.

IcedAnimals
29-11-2009, 07:49
who else remembers the GD where GW said if we thought 2009 was heavy space marines we havent seen anything compared to 2010.

That alone could be them saying there will be two marine codex next year. Space Wolves and Space Hulk is pretty marine oriented. And if that is "nothing" compared to 2010 then I doubt BA are the only space marines getting done.

Lord_Dante
29-11-2009, 12:23
So what 50% would that be? :D kidding there.

I seem to remember 2nd ed having a rule for mephiston feasting on fallen enemies if you failed a rule after killing someone in hand to hand.

Murphy's law
29-11-2009, 12:51
Yes, they are space vampires.
Why can't people just accept that?

Flesheaters eat human flesh, accept that.
If people don't like that, fine, go play another chapter.

Sinisterfence
29-11-2009, 14:49
I don't get the Vampire link hate.. it's one of the things that drew me to them in the first place all those years ago (aswell as being 8 and loving red, and those being GW's "red years") hell, even when I was 8, before I got the codex or anything I got the vampire reference!
granted I don't want pansy twilight vampires, a nice blend of classic vampires and 30 Days of Night would make me happy ;)

Hokiecow
29-11-2009, 15:06
who else remembers the GD where GW said if we thought 2009 was heavy space marines we havent seen anything compared to 2010.

That alone could be them saying there will be two marine codex next year. Space Wolves and Space Hulk is pretty marine oriented. And if that is "nothing" compared to 2010 then I doubt BA are the only space marines getting done.

Right, it seem painfully clear that Black Templars are the 3rd codex for 2010 and Dark Edlar at the end of 2010 if, IF, things go well. Worst case it's Nids, BA, and BT for 2 SM codex in a row. I would consider that SM heavy. But I'm willing to overlook it if that means DE will the next codex! ;)

Souleater
29-11-2009, 16:34
I apologise I'm obviously not being very clear.

I do not mean that GW are making the BA into vampires because of the current popularity of Vampires in films/books/TV.

I mean that it is probably just a lucky coincidence for GW that vampire fiction is currently even more popular than usual when they are releasing a SM chapter with a Vampiric slant.

And I agree with Hokiecow...I'd gladly put up with two back to back SM codexes if we get DE at the end of '10.

Sagatarius
29-11-2009, 17:33

And my two cents are that on of these 4 will be DE, and I would bet money on it.

leonmallett
29-11-2009, 19:49

You know I could keep guessing wrongly until we are only left with the right answers by process of elimination...? :p

HsojVvad
29-11-2009, 19:57

I thought the quote was, "if you thought 2009 was a heavy Space Marine release, you havn't seen nothing yet"

I don't think 2010 was in there at all. So far all that is confirmed for 2010 SM is LotD minis in January. So ad that to BA, and I guess if it's not a new codex, then maybe more SM mini's for a different chapters. So maybe we will only have 1 SM codex release next year, and the rest of the stuff for 40K could be SM mini's and what not. So one exno release, (Tyrainds) one SM release (Blood Angels) and maybe a whole bunch of mini releases, starting with LotD.

The Dude
29-11-2009, 21:56
And my two cents are that on of these 4 will be DE, and I would bet money on it.

How much money?

Angeloftheblood
29-11-2009, 23:34
How much money?

I want in on this as well

lets say $20 US

btw I'm betting that DE will not happen

Hadafix
29-11-2009, 23:48
Well, guessing from the rumours, and that rather lame answer (no offence meant) on page 9. Either BT will be released next year, or being "half the story", there will be a large BA miniature release, probably followed by GW saying that the BT are the next SM to get done, and then allowing more rumours on when DA will be "winging" its way in to 5ed, or BT will be getting a "ravenwing" like option. I have no thoughts on the second xeno Codex, they are just something for my BT to kill.

Just my thoughts.

HsojVvad
30-11-2009, 00:15
It's been awhile, since the "other half of the story" statement. Was it said that the BT codex is one half of the story, and the BA minis release will be the other half of the story?

Maybe the BA will be getting an awsome release of minis that will make the SW pale in comparission?

UrielSynthesis
30-11-2009, 00:33
Well the fact that one of the hints is that something will be "winging its way", that pretty much means something involving angels, birds, or wings. It wouldn't be referring just to the Blood Angels themselves, since it's supposed to be hinting at something we don't already know.

I'm thinking it will most likely be Dark Angels. Not only do they kind of fit well with BA as far as having a dual codex, but the "wing" riddle also echoes the Deathwing/Ravenwing. I know they have The Rock and whatnot, but can someone tell me whether or not DA would be considered a "fleet-based" chapter?

The Dude
30-11-2009, 00:44
Well the fact that one of the hints is that something will be "winging its way", that pretty much means something involving angels, birds, or wings.

...or its a simple turn of phrase that's taken on WAAAAAY too much meaning.

But people will believe what they want to.

UrielSynthesis
30-11-2009, 01:08

I'm making hypothetical predictions based on what little information has been provided. It's simply speculation for fun, since that's all this thread is.

And I don't see why it would be a simple turn of phrase. That is not the way you phrase something unless you intend to make implications. And if "very nice stuff winging its way in our direction" is supposed to be hint, the only thing of substance in that statement that could be a hint is the word "winging". (mind you, this is all working under the hypothetical scenario that these are clues, and legitmate ones)

Hadafix
30-11-2009, 01:10

That just leaves some extra goodies for whatever codices are released.

C:Nids

C:BA

C:(Probably)Xeno faction*

C:(Possibly) BT*

Plus a whole load of BA and other 40k goodies in the mean time.

* maybe a "back to back" SM release.

From whats been said, I dont think this is to far out.

HsojVvad
30-11-2009, 02:16
It was said numerous times from Harry, Brimstone and now The Dude, that BT, and DA won't be the other half of the story. This is what, the 3rd or 4th time The Dude said we are overlooking or overreading into what has been said before.

So maybe we have to stop thinking of it being another codex, and it could be mini releases instead.

Maybe one question we need, is, Is the other half of the story BA related, or SM related?

Wolf Scout Ewan
30-11-2009, 02:22
My sauces (hehe) just say its fleet based so I am hoping Imperial Fists/Black Templars. A codex for fleet based chapters... to cover all chapters that are fleet based. But thats just me hoping.

I'll bet you its either Ravenguard or Black Templars.

UrielSynthesis
30-11-2009, 02:24
please be Raven Guard! (yeah right)

The Dude
30-11-2009, 02:46
It was said numerous times from Harry, Brimstone and now The Dude, that BT, and DA won't be the other half of the story. This is what, the 3rd or 4th time The Dude said we are overlooking or overreading into what has been said before.

So maybe we have to stop thinking of it being another codex, and it could be mini releases instead.

Maybe one question we need, is, Is the other half of the story BA related, or SM related?

I said what now? :confused:

Hokiecow
30-11-2009, 02:49
It was said numerous times from Harry, Brimstone and now The Dude, that BT, and DA won't be the other half of the story.

When have "Harry, Brimstone and now The Dude" said that BT is not the other half of the story? DA yes, but I can't recall the same for BT.

The Dude
30-11-2009, 03:07
All I was saying was that I don't get why people are jacking up so much about Harry saying "winging".

If he said "people will go ape when they see the new release" would people assume it was Jokaero?

Toadius80
30-11-2009, 03:11
But hey, the one thing we do know is that Blood Angels will be getting a new 'dex so that makes me happy. But as for a new and tasty do everything and beat all other chapter's sprue, I have serious reservations. Maybe a couple of new metal's if lucky (unless they are the same standard as Lematis!). Just hope they kill off Tycho! After all, he is dead and must be the naffest (and most useless) special chariter going.
Just annoying GW keeping so tight on it all though. Nothing's getting leaked, apart from the apparent approx release date of the Blood Angels an thats it :-( Long gone are the good old day's :-(

The Dude
30-11-2009, 03:16
Just hope they kill off Tycho! After all, he is dead and must be the naffest (and most useless) special chariter going.

I respectfully disagree. He may not be super powerful, but he's got some of the best background going.

TimLeeson
30-11-2009, 03:24
All I was saying was that I don't get why people are jacking up so much about Harry saying "winging".

Probably cos theres so little else to go on, and hey if people are having fun with it. To be fair, I just thought the Winging comment was a light-hearted reference to the practically confirmed plastic gargoyles.

If he said "people will go ape when they see the new release" would people assume it was Jokaero?

Very very likely, yes :p

Toadius80
30-11-2009, 04:21
You actually think his story is good? He's a captain. Gets a really bad facial scar from orks that, through his vanity he hides. Because of that becomes mentally unstable when not fighting and really hates orks. Later going to Death Co and die's at 3rd war for Armaggedon (not forgetting that was BEFORE the 13th Black Crusade, thats now done with). I mean come on. As for being super powerfull, neither is Dente, Corbulo (cup aside) or lematis, all are pretty basic chariters weapons and stat wise, but at least they make sense. I mean, mentally unstable captain, hates orks an loves to get stuck in close combat, soo he has a combi bolter an thats it? Oh sorry i forgot his bolt pistol. Still, not really fitting is it.
Admittedly he will more than likely get his digi-lasers back an a slight stat tweek in new dex.

obsequiousmelon
30-11-2009, 04:52
just my two cents...

Nids - jan
BA / DA combined codex - march
necrons - q3
BT - q4

This was from a store manager so is almost certainly complete rubbish, but you never know.......;):confused::angel:

The Dude
30-11-2009, 04:57
You actually think his story is good? He's a captain. Gets a really bad facial scar from orks that, through his vanity he hides. Because of that becomes mentally unstable when not fighting and really hates orks. Later going to Death Co and die's at 3rd war for Armaggedon (not forgetting that was BEFORE the 13th Black Crusade, thats now done with). I mean come on.

I'm sorry you missed the subtlety of his backstory.

He wasn't scarred, half his face was frozen in a horrible rictus by a weirdboy psychic attack.

It was due to the Blood Angels underlying love of beautiful things that Tycho felt the need to cover his face. This goes to the core dichotomy of the Blood Angels.

His hatred of the Orks was what's so cool about him. They had caused him personal affront by not only marring his perfect visage, but essentially entering his mind to do so.

Blanket revenge is always a cool motivation.

I wasn't overly fond of him going to the Death Company, but the bit of fluff about his demise is one of the best character resolutions GW have ever written. Way better than Eldrad.

I also liked that he remained armed with a Combi-Weapon throughout the Blood Angels transformation into a "Close Combat Army".

It's difficult to make him interesting and characterful without making him only useful against Orks though.

Either way, I will always have a soft spot for Tycho.

MajorWesJanson
30-11-2009, 05:52
Remember, Thunderhawks have wings... ;)

HsojVvad
30-11-2009, 06:34

I thought you ment by saying we were reading into it way to much, and seeing things that arn't there. So since it's not there, it was something else.

Motley
30-11-2009, 06:40
Nop is not those wings........:cries:

And yes dude........ i still have the white dwarf that have the battle where tycho got smoke by the wierdboy,.... is crazy... that battle is part of the 40k background........

The Dude
30-11-2009, 06:53
I thought you ment by saying we were reading into it way to much, and seeing things that arn't there. So since it's not there, it was something else.

Perhaps you're reading way too much into what I say... :p:angel:

Sagatarius
30-11-2009, 09:26
How much money?

Well....let's say i'm quite sure about this.

Pacific
30-11-2009, 10:29
Nop is not those wings........:cries:

And yes dude........ i still have the white dwarf that have the battle where tycho got smoke by the wierdboy,.... is crazy... that battle is part of the 40k background........

I LOVE that battle report, the pages of my copy of that mag have almost fallen apart I have read it so many times!

Thanghul
30-11-2009, 10:31

Shouldn't that be "go banana's"

Ghal Maraz
30-11-2009, 11:58
I LOVE that battle report, the pages of my copy of that mag have almost fallen apart I have read it so many times!

And that's "Angels of Death", WD 166. JJ against Andy Chambers, IIRC.
Warhammer 40000 2nd edition introductory battle report.
Tycho got his brain fried right at the beginning!

Hokiecow
30-11-2009, 13:04
If Tycho has already reached his demise, then why is there an discussion about how he should not be killed off? :confused:

Souleater
30-11-2009, 13:24
He's a vampire...maybe he just keeps coming back?

Lungboy
30-11-2009, 13:25
I assume because Lysander was dead yet they brought him back for the latest SM codex, and Eldrad is gone yet Eldar armies can still field him.

vahouth
30-11-2009, 13:40
If Tycho has already reached his demise, then why is there an discussion about how he should not be killed off? :confused:

He is not the only dead character in 40K.
He could be fielded in games representing battles he already fought.
What I wouldn't like to see though is a DC Tycho, because if I remember correctly he painted his armour black only once on Armageddon and then he died...:(

HsojVvad
30-11-2009, 13:54
Perhaps you're reading way too much into what I say... :p:angel:

Of course we all read into to much what you, Harry and Brim say. We are straved for rumours, when ever we hear or read something we milk that rumour for all it's worth. :D

Hadafix
30-11-2009, 14:06
Well, as a 5ed C:BT has not been denied as the next SM Codex after BA. I will take that as an assumable affirmative.:)

But then if its not C:BT, the only other non-codex SM that fit being fleet based is going to be Death Guard, so that would hint at a Legion/s codex being the next SM codex after BA.:wtf:

Everything else just sounds like more plastic crack being released, which I am going to try hard to ignore till the money situation gets better.:rolleyes:

So its either the releasing of the Crusades or the Traveller after the Vamps (DG would be cool though, the Vamps then the Zombies:evilgrin:). Interesting either way its looked at. :)

That is unless all these hints are basically bunk!:mad:

Emeraldw
30-11-2009, 14:49
I assume because Lysander was dead yet they brought him back for the latest SM codex, and Eldrad is gone yet Eldar armies can still field him.

The purpose of special characters I think is the ability to field legendary leaders and heroes of a respective army, not represent who is alive during the current storyline point.

HsojVvad
30-11-2009, 15:54
Well, as a 5ed C:BT has not been denied as the next SM Codex after BA. I will take that as an assumable affirmative.:)

Sorry I can't remember the exact quote, but someone at GD asked one of the Developers in GW. He asked about BT, and the reply was something like ' I will be crying for a long time.'

I guess this can be taken as 2 ways. Either he is crying because he has to wait a long time, or the new BT codex is bad. Since GW is not releasing any bad codecies now, I am assuming that BT will be a long time for a new codex. Same thing was said for DA as well.

So I am assuming a BT release has been denied.

If someone can link this quote it would help alot.

pjklan
30-11-2009, 16:12
Sorry I can't remember the exact quote, but someone at GD asked one of the Developers in GW. He asked about BT, and the reply was something like ' I will be crying for a long time.'

I guess this can be taken as 2 ways. Either he is crying because he has to wait a long time, or the new BT codex is bad. Since GW is not releasing any bad codecies now, I am assuming that BT will be a long time for a new codex. Same thing was said for DA as well.

So I am assuming a BT release has been denied.

If someone can link this quote it would help alot.
it was alessio cavatore at gd italy. i think BT are not in the near future.

Hadafix
30-11-2009, 16:32
Was that GD quote prior to the conformation of a BA release? If so then I think the BT assumption is safe-ish, that and last codex of 2010 is not in the near future.

Unless someone can find anything more to blow it out of the water as the SM release after BA, it reads as an unconfirmed likely hood with everything else that has been said.

FerociousBeast
30-11-2009, 18:15
Taking this:

1 - Tyranids
2 - Blood Angels
3 - Dark Eldar
4 - Black Templars
And adding this:

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2009/11/40k-rumors-shadows-of-commorragh.html

I get this:

1 - Tyranids
2 - Blood Angels
3 - Black Templars
4 - Dark Eldar

Yes, Regis, that's my final answer.

Black Hand
30-11-2009, 18:45
Admittedly he will more than likely get his digi-lasers back an a slight stat tweek in new dex.

Or maybe they will encase him in a Dreadnought like they did with Moriar the Chosen. I wouldn't mind seeing that.

Harry
30-11-2009, 18:46
Big Red over at bols gets most of his rumours here as far as I can tell.

It is possible they could sneek DE in by the end of next year? There is still about a years work to do on the models so I guess that is doable if plastic production was already in full swing by the time they finished the models.

However, if they do it will not be a 4th codex as he suggests. It would be 5th or even 6th :eek:

There is lots of other stuff for us to drone on about before this. :D

Scryer in the Darkness
30-11-2009, 18:53
Hee hee hee! :D My manlove for the pie man grows and grows. :D

Reinholt
30-11-2009, 18:53
I remain negative on the DE for financial reasons I have discussed elsewhere; GW needs to generate cash and the DE are not a low-hanging fruit with regard to that. Necrons, Tau, Eldar, various Marine chapters, Chaos Legions, and the like are all easier marks when it comes to making sure lower capital spend up front leads to future profit. Now, I may be wrong (things may be better cash-flow wise than we know, there may be molds already made that we don't know about), but that's what I currently see...

If GW pushes for sneaking in another codex at the end of the year, I doubt it will be a total overhaul codex. This could be a blessing in disguise, as if GW makes good money this year, they have more to plow into crazy projects in the future.

As to BA, I think it's a smart move; minimal spend (a lot of marine stuff already exists), but potential for a nice bump in profit and filling a gap in the marine lists that has long had a following. Much as I don't like imperium spam, I'm for it from a business perspective.

Harry
30-11-2009, 19:04
GW needs to generate cash and the DE are not a low-hanging fruit with regard to that.
But that may have a good deal to do with the existing model range.
I imagine by the time Jes has finished weaving the Goodwin magic on the range and completely redone them they may see a bigger fan base.

HsojVvad
30-11-2009, 19:05
However if they do it will not be a 4th codex as he suggests. It would be 5th or even 6th :eek:

OMG! We are getting 6 codecies next year! Yeah for us. Ok ok, I am kidding. So I take this as a no for DE eh?

I swear the pieman gets a kick out of us for trying to disect every word he says. I bet if we herd him sneeze, we would disect it, and look into that sneeze for any rumour we can find lol. :D

Hokiecow
30-11-2009, 19:51
So are Tau and Necrons in slot 4 and 5?

HsojVvad
30-11-2009, 20:00
So are Tau and Necrons in slot 4 and 5?

We just don't know. If we are guessing, then I say Tau. Necrons and DE are rumoured to be way off. Also we usually have SM, non SM release, SM release. So it would be either Tau or Necrons. As I said if I had to guess, it would be Tau that is left to be updated. Unless GW wants to throw us a curve ball it it's Eldar.

Hadafix
30-11-2009, 20:07
Given that (unless there is a change) slot 3 is probably a Xeno, slot 4 would be SM. So Harry is saying no to DE, but not saying anything about the BT? Is saying nothing a good sign (for BT players, meaning a release in 2010 - early 2011) or a bad one?:confused:

I suppose Harry as put the DE in at slot 7, so I suppose the DE players shouldnt feel to disappointed.

Necrons need a fair bit doing to them, Tau less so and Eldar even less still. But none of that takes in account for the =][= or Chaos factions. Anyone care to try and work out where those fit in?

Irbian
30-11-2009, 20:12
Taking this:

Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
Originally Posted by FerociousBeast View Post

1 - Tyranids
2 - Blood Angels
3 - Dark Eldar
4 - Black Templars
Not bad but not quite correct
And adding this:

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2009/...ommorragh.html

I get this:

1 - Tyranids
2 - Blood Angels
3 - Black Templars
4 - Dark Eldar

Yes, Regis, that's my final answer.

Where I have seen this list before?

I have searched in the deepest hell to find this:
Originally Posted by Brimstone

Originally Posted by some guy in dakka
He probably said Craftworld Eldar just to make sure that people realize there's a chance for the Dark Eldar codex to find itself a slot in 2010.

Give that man a cigar
So 2010...
*Tyranids
*Blood Angels
*Black Templars
...?

:D

But

However, if they do it will not be a 4th codex as he suggests. It would be 5th or even 6th

Awwww you cant be serious! Now that I was thinking on winning the great prize or something XD

So :cool:
*Tyranids
*Blood Angels
*Black Templars
*Wild guess I
*Wild guess II

Hadafix
30-11-2009, 20:31
Well, in that case I will be wondering what changes they are going to make to the C:BT.

3 Ork teef says that DE will be later still.

szlachcic
30-11-2009, 20:54
I remain negative on the DE for financial reasons I have discussed elsewhere; GW needs to generate cash and the DE are not a low-hanging fruit with regard to that.

I see this comment a lot and I don't quite understand it. CURRENTLY DE do not generate a lot of income because they have been poorly supported, if you can even claim it as such, since the beginning and have a very dated model line. A relaunch of the kind we know is in the works is effectively the same as launching an entirely new race. A lot of newer players have never even seen, let alone played against DE. Sure, its a gamble, but knowing the popularity of Eldar I say there is no reason their dark kin can't enjoy similar success.

That being said, I am somewhat relieved to hear Harry say they are still a ways out, yet getting to the point where their plastics are finished. If BAs are coming out like the rumors suggest I will have them to keep me busy for a while before I can get back to my DE.