PDA

View Full Version : I'm new to warhammer, this is my thought out WoC list

Snogens
17-11-2009, 17:53
Im new to warhammer, but i have bin reading alot about armylists and such.. and i have a WoC army list idea, and i wanna hear what you think about it.. I would love to hear your opinion on what i could do better. here
it comes... my 2000p WoC army list:

Core:

5 x Mara Horse MoK with flails and light armor

5 x Warhounds

5 x Warhounds

Special:

10 (5x2) x Knights MoN Full Command with lances

10 (5x2) x Knights MoN Full Command with lances

Heros:

lvl 2 Sorcerer on steed

lvl 2 Sorcerer on steed

lvl 2 Sorcerer on steed

48 units

Tot = 1856p

and the rest of the points up to 2000p i will use for magic banners and weapons and dispell scrolls.. but i dont know what kind of weapons and stuff...

I welcome all opinions about improvements to the list.

Snogens
17-11-2009, 19:02
the tactic is quite obviouse.. screen the knights with the hounds get one or two charges in and flank with the marauderer mok horsemen..... could this be good? anyone got some kind of input?

Killboss
17-11-2009, 19:23
Its quite bland....

Those Knights will crush anything they touch, but seriosuly, do you want to have fun with this list? Because its rater 2D. And either you'll get shot to pieces, or crush everything.

Red Metal
17-11-2009, 19:25
I don't know much about WoC, but I think this army could use a combat-based Hero in place of one of the Sorcerers.

BigbyWolf
17-11-2009, 19:30
First suggestion- split the knights in 4 units of 5, if your short on points drop the champions.

Marauder Horsemen are great "nuisance" troops, but MoK means that they can tend to get led around a bit, I'd downgrade them to Slaanesh and put any spare points into more Warhounds.

Snogens
17-11-2009, 19:42
i cant split up the knights cuz im only alowed to have 2 units of special in a up to 2000p army..

The idea is to lead with the knights screened by the dogs and after the charge(s) the marauderer's will flank..

i like the option for a "all cav army" and if i would go for a larger points army i would add a lord on a jugger and/or a giant with the mark were he always strikes first....

i realize that shooting is gonna be a big problem for me... but isn't it goin to be a big problem no mather what units of WoC i take?, my plan is to counter the shooting with fast moving units insted of for example a horde of chaos warriors or marauderers on foot..

im always bin a very competetive type of guy and i want to crush all of my oponents :)

Snogens
17-11-2009, 20:21
I have another idea of a army list... this one is more infantry oriented... here it is:

Core:

25 x Chaos Warriors (5x5) with shield and full command + MoS
25 x Marauderer's (5x5) with flails, light armor, musician, standard and Wulfrik the wanderer and MoS
5 x Warhounds
5 x Warhounds
5 x Warhounds

Special:

Chaos Chariot with MoK
Exalted Hero on Chariot with MoK and GW

Rare:
Chaos Giant with MoS

One lvl 2 Sorcerer with MoT on Disc
One lvl 1 Sorcerer with MoT on Disc

1900p

and 100p for dispell scrolls and/or magic weapons

any input on Pro's and Con's on the both lists... all input's are warmly welcome!

Killboss
18-11-2009, 05:28
Your list is illegal. You need 3+ core in a 2000 list.

i cant split up the knights cuz im only alowed to have 2 units of special in a up to 2000p army.

And who said that? Definatly not ht FOC, you're allowed 0-4 in any game 2000+ points. That 0-2 is rare.

jthdotcom
18-11-2009, 07:13
Giving Chaos Knights lances is a waste of points, drop the lances, and a sorcerer and go for an exalted on juggernaut, mark of khorne, blood curdling roar, and axe of khorne

Killboss
19-11-2009, 06:04
Giving Chaos Knights lances is a waste of points, drop the lances, and a sorcerer and go for an exalted on juggernaut, mark of khorne, blood curdling roar, and axe of khorne

No.... Don't give someone who will be incombat 99% of the game a shooting attack. That (if you're going to use it) should go on a disc sorcerer, as he can get better targets, and shouldn't be in combat. (Other then that, you should do what he says AFTER you get another core choice.)