PDA

View Full Version : Master of Ordanance counts as model??

Earth Shaker
18-11-2009, 00:17
I will be including a master of ordanance in m imperial guard army, but i dont know how to get hold of a model of it.

i have A DKoK Death Rider, and just wondering if YOU would play againts it, it will contai all rules that are allowed as a Master of Ordanance but appear to be a DKok Death Rider.

Cheers,
Earth Shaker

Grimbad
18-11-2009, 00:23
Sure. Krieg have a lot of artillery, and a master of ordnance is just a forward spotter for an artillery regiment. Makes sense that the forward spotter would have a way of getting around quickly.

Reflex
18-11-2009, 00:27
Yea no problems, its like anything, just point him out before the game starts and its all good.

spacewolf_sven
18-11-2009, 00:37
not so sure I'd like this in tournamets, presumably he is an a horse, but then I do use vostroyan officers for commissars.

Fideru
18-11-2009, 00:46
Just point him out, tell me what he counts as and if I didn't know the rules I'd ask for an explanation on what he does, and it's all good.

Caiphas Cain
18-11-2009, 00:48
I wouldn't be fine with that, just because of the base size, that interferes with charging and all sorts of stuff. But thats just me, I'm sure most people would have no problem as lon as you pointed it out beforehand.

jason_sation
18-11-2009, 01:00
I wasn't sure what you meant by "get a hold of the model", but they still have them for sale on the GW site:
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod2010020&rootCatGameStyle=

I also think the guy that comes with the Bassie looks fine for that role, of course I understand if you are trying to keep with the DKOK imagery.

SilverFeather
18-11-2009, 02:26
As long as your opponent don't confuse it with other Death Rider that are cavalry, all is well as for me.

Culgore
18-11-2009, 03:40
put a vox caster on him... done

Logarithm Udgaur
18-11-2009, 03:53
As long as your opponent don't confuse it with other Death Rider that are cavalry, all is well as for me.

Most definitely this.

tu33y
18-11-2009, 09:02
if you put a big vox on him, and maybe had a few servo-skulls floating round the base id be pretty exited to see such an interesting model. counts as is cool- proxies suck. if you do extra work on him and dont expect him to be fleet of hoof then more power to ya.

Vaktathi
18-11-2009, 09:30
I don't see why one wouldn't, I'd be ok with it.

sigur
18-11-2009, 10:29
I wouldn't mind. Tournament people might because of the very different heigh.

Nonalyth
18-11-2009, 10:53
If the tournaments had their way, every model would be a perfect, colour coded geometric shape.

I think it sounds cool. Just go ahead and do it.

Eulenspiegel
18-11-2009, 10:53
Tournament people might because of the very different heigh.
This.

I would mind, even in friendly games, if you tried to take advantage of his height for firing. Just declare some spot at regular infantry head-height as the spot you´re measuring from and you´re fine.

laudarkul
18-11-2009, 11:55
It should not be a problem. DKoK are siege regiments so a MoO it's almost a must in the army.
As for DKoK rider, again if you state that it's a model for MoO and maybe you put on him some equipment (vox on the back/servo skulls around him ), it would be more than perfect.

Killgore
18-11-2009, 11:59
This.

I would mind, even in friendly games, if you tried to take advantage of his height for firing. Just declare some spot at regular infantry head-height as the spot you´re measuring from and you´re fine.

height is a two sided thing, he may be able to see more to shoot at but then again you'l be able to see it to shoot at with your own forces

Id have no problems with it, I use many random non combat models as 'counts as' command squad guardsmen (servitors, tech priests etc, to add more character to my force)

Brother Loki
18-11-2009, 12:19
I'd be all for it.