PDA

View Full Version : IG Conscripts

Hero adamite
18-11-2009, 02:14
Imperial Guard Conscripts can have squads of 20-50 i looked on GW and could not seem to find models for these.

Do models for these exist?

NovaScotius
18-11-2009, 02:16
You just use the Imperial Guard Infantry squad - If you're going Cadian, the old Games workshop way of differentiating them was to paint a white stripe that ran the over the top of the helmet to show that these were conscripts.

Ddraiglais
18-11-2009, 05:27
What models are you using for your regular infantry?

mr.kislev
18-11-2009, 05:56
simple you buy a box of cadians paint them normal and add a white stripe done.

Abbo
18-11-2009, 07:49
I don't bother with conscripts anymore but i used to use them to field tanks from deep strikers :D not effective but funny

Use the cadian plastic kit for both, do the same colourscheme but paint a white stripe down the middle of the helm to show they are "Whiteshield/conscript platoons.

hawo0313
18-11-2009, 08:33
I thought they were whitecaps junior corps or something anyway cadians dont have conscripts they actually send thier adolescents into battle (seeing as everyone has to fight anyway) but yeah single stripe on the helmet done.

marv335
18-11-2009, 08:41
conscripts have always used the same uniform as a regular guardsman, the only difference has been markings
Originally they were called "whiteshields"
(and were immune to psychology btw)

laudarkul
18-11-2009, 10:29
IG Conscripts does not worth the points. But if you still want to have some conscripts squads in your army just take/buy some models identical with those from your regular squads and mark them differently (you can paint their helmet/shoulder pads differently ).

Latro_
18-11-2009, 13:52
Just use normal men.

Its worth noting that 99% of the time conscripts are seldom worth taking in the new IG codex. You may as well just take normal squads and combine them.

Sir_Turalyon
18-11-2009, 19:20
You can always use some other guard range - beck when I was using the conscripts next to my Cadians, I was using Valhallans, Crapachans and necromunda gangers.

TrooperTino
18-11-2009, 21:17
I use my necromunda gangers, too. Gangpressed civilians to me. Imperial guard doesn't have real conscripts or recruts in the fluff (cadians and others excluded)... the guard is made up from already full trained PDF forces. I think conscripts are only in the codex to give the possibility to field less experienced forces then guard, like PDF, Hive gangs, etc etc

AndrewGPaul
18-11-2009, 21:38
I use my necromunda gangers, too. Gangpressed civilians to me. Imperial guard doesn't have real conscripts or recruts in the fluff (cadians and others excluded)

Technically, they're all conscripts. The unit in the Codex of 20+ Fungs with BS2 should be called Recruits or something.

Sir_Turalyon
19-11-2009, 01:49
"Conscripts" is catch-all term for soldiers for found themselves in Guard without training normaly expected from Guardsmen. Fluffwise they are eighter recruits assigned to regular units as last part of their training, or low-quality unit like rear echelon PDF or hastli conscripted civilians inducted into the Guard because everybody competent was already recruited before planet's quota was reached.

meatbyproducts
19-11-2009, 07:41
For fun back in the day I converted empire troops with lasguns. I said they were towns folk taht were given guns and shoved into battle.

I love Conscripts in the new book they are a fun massive meat sheild that is worth very little overall. sometimes they give me a cheap 3+ cover save.

sigur
19-11-2009, 07:48
Technically, they're all conscripts.

Depends on the planet, doesn't it?

Lord Solar Plexus
19-11-2009, 08:03
For fun back in the day I converted empire troops with lasguns. I said they were towns folk taht were given guns and shoved into battle.

Hehe, that sounds fun. :)

AndrewGPaul
19-11-2009, 08:26

Not sure; all planets have a responsibility to provide troops to the Guard if requested. They could have a volunteer-only PDF, but if the numbers aren't there, they'll have to conscript.

In any case, even if they volunteer into the PDF, they're subsequently conscripted into the Guad, whether they like it or not.

elphabea
19-11-2009, 16:51
In my Steel Legion army I use the original Rogue Trader plastic guardsmen as my Conscripts. Same uniform color and then the old White Shield painted on. They are recruits that have not earned their great coats and gasmasks!

The Highlander
19-11-2009, 18:46
Originally Posted by sigur
Not sure; all planets have a responsibility to provide troops to the Guard if requested. They could have a volunteer-only PDF, but if the numbers aren't there, they'll have to conscript.

In any case, even if they volunteer into the PDF, they're subsequently conscripted into the Guard, whether they like it or not.

No matter how they're recruited, most guard regulars would be given a fair amount of training before they were expected to go into battle. The conscripts unit entry represents people who are given a rife, some basic instruction (point this end at the enemy and pull this) and shoved into the firing line.

Like veterans, conscripts are just a variant of normal guardsmen as opposed to something fundamentally different (such as stormtroopers).You can use any human models you like to represent them, but they should ideally look badly equipped and inexperienced. By the same token, you can use any models for veterans just make sure they are grizzled looking and well armed.

march10k
20-11-2009, 00:30
Its worth noting that 99% of the time conscripts are seldom worth taking in the new IG codex.

And the other 1% of the time, they're always/occasionally/frequently/ not at all worth taking?

Bunnahabhain
20-11-2009, 00:47
Find some plastic guardsmen on Ebay , going cheap.

They'll be badly put together, and look awkard, so perfect for conscripts who've not yet managed to get their webbing to fit, or figured out how to carry their rifle without tiring themselves out....

Ther are fairly pointless in this codex and edition though.

MegaPope
20-11-2009, 21:08
A basic unit of Conscripts is best employed as a handy unit to hold/contest an objective/table quarter/whatever. On no account should you actually use them to fight anything if at all possible.