PDA

View Full Version : Help on other 40K forums?

hendybadger
18-11-2009, 08:17
I have been using a Tyranid 40K forum for a while now.
And recently have had trouble from an Admin on the site that doesnt seem to see eye to eye with me.
Instead of politly chatting or asking me to change a post ect, they have started demanding I do and threatened to ban me without giving me any warnings or even PMs.

Has anyone else had troubles like this before?
And if so, how was it dealt with?
I would love to carry on using the site because 99% of the people on it are nice and helpful. But I dont want to be discriminated against for no reason.

BigK
18-11-2009, 09:16
What are they asking you to change?

hendybadger
18-11-2009, 09:32
The way I listed a trading post in the Trading section.
The section has no rules or Mods.
And I would have done it fine if this Mod had asked or requested, not demanded.
Problem being we had a little come-to a while back which ended in him banning me from the forum for a month without even letting have a say in any of it

StefDa
18-11-2009, 09:35
Sounds like a complete ****. What about reporting him to the higher authorities?

hendybadger
18-11-2009, 09:37
I tried that. Wrote a lovely post putting my point across in a polite and friendly way, only to get up today and see that it had been deleted.

But I saved it!

Original post -

As it says. I have-
Malanthrope
Trygon
Scythed Heirodule
Heirophant
Harridan

All brand new. Still in FW bags

I am after - Paypal

Mods response-

Okay.

Hendybadger this has been going on endlessly for months. And this is how it is going to work from now on. If you wish to sell anything through ********** all of your posts are to:
1. List the price and currency (being an international site you may not assume everyone knows you are in the UK).
2. List where in the world you are willing to post the items to. (If you are not willing to post internationally, then trying to sell the same stuff over and over again on an international site might not be the best idea.)
3. Quote for postage costs before and trade is made. (You have the items, you know their weight, and the packaging and Royal Mail costs.)

We have never had to introduce formal rules here at ********** as pretty much all trades have taken place easily between members acting in good faith. I've tried to do trades with you in the past but each time you have been determined to make the process as hard as possible.
__

Here is my post that got wiped!

How am I making it difficult?
I dont have a set price. Im open to offers. Anything reasonable.
I am also willing to send anywhere. I mentioned UK because I have had people not want things like FW models shipped that far before.
My reason for selling is that I am off work ill for quite a while and I need the money for the rent. So instead of just sticking them on ebay I wanted to offer them up to fellow Nid players.
Nobody has mentioned any of this with my posts before. You or other Admin.
My other 2 posts in this section dont seem to have any problems. And definatly no warnings. One has not been replied to and the other went through with a buyer on here from poland without any problems.
I hope this isnt steming for our previous come-to. I am starting to feel like it is and I see that as discrimination.
If this is a problem then please delete my trading posts and I wont put anything in this section again.
But atleast reply to me in a sensible manner before doing so.

May I add, Because of problems between the 2 of us in the past I would prefer one or two other admins veiws aswell. As I dont see Im being treated completly fairly. Most people would have asked for me to change the posts first before demanding that I do.

Thanks

(Couldnt have been going on for months because he banned me for arguing with him. Also I never remember any trades,or enen enquireies between us)

Inquisitor S.
18-11-2009, 10:24
If you join a forum you acknowledge its rules. Simple as that. If you don't like a forum you leave it again. And the rules imposed are totally sensible, nothing to complain about. And no, I'm not a member of this Warpshadow site nor had I even heard about it before.

sigur
18-11-2009, 10:26
Try to contact other mods than him. It shouldn't be too hard to get e-mail adresses.

In my experience, Mods usually are fairly competent. I don't know about the Warpshadow forums but I assume they aren't very small so it's likely that moderators are okay. But of course you could have come across some bad person.

In the end, he's in authority and it's not one's right but one's privilege to post on other people's forums.

hendybadger
18-11-2009, 10:31
If you join a forum you acknowledge its rules. Simple as that. If you don't like a forum you leave it again. And the rules imposed are totally sensible, nothing to complain about. And no, I'm not a member of this ********** site nor had I even heard about it before.

The point was- There are no rules on the trading section. Never has been.
Been using it for years without any problems and this has just come out of no where.

And can we please leave out names and places. I missed one but have fixed it now

pookie
18-11-2009, 10:31
looks to me that the Admin is within his rights and that its actually you that have the issues, if your not happy with the Admin, dont use the site.

he's asked for some very reasonable things for you to do with your Trade post, youve obviously taken offence to his part where he claimed to have had problems with you, wether that is true or not isnt really relevant, at the end of the day, hes asked ( would appear nicly ) and your just taking umbridge with him/her ( i should add).

hendybadger
18-11-2009, 10:33
I dont see that as a nice post or even a nice request. Why is it me that has to do these things and not others?

Points 1, 2 and 3 are fine. But its the first and last parts I find a problem.

bdo
18-11-2009, 10:38
The message the moderator sent you doesnt seem nice, thats correct. However, it doesn't read unfriendly, insulting or negative in any way but neutral. He is asking you to change things because you apparently haven't caught up with the regular process of the trading forum.

I don't know how you come to the conclusion that you are discriminated against. Furthermore, making a post here seems you try to justify your positon, that you are actually right. But at the end of the day, it is not your place to decide if a post or thread is appropriate, or fulfills the requirement of said forum.

I suggest to simply add the information required to the next trade threads you do over there, it should fix the situation - simple as that.

bdo (admin on toribash.com)

Inquisitor S.
18-11-2009, 10:41
I dont see that as a nice post or even a nice request. Why is it me that has to do these things and not others?

Why should people on this forum be able to answer that question? There must have been a reason, no? Maybe you just used that forum for trading but didn't take part in the rest of the community? Anyway it's pretty much useless and not appropriate to complain about one forum on another forum. And being a mod myself in different forums and projects I can just support Sigur's statement:

In the end, he's in authority and it's not one's right but one's privilege to post on other people's forums.

If a mod thinks that someone should be removed from the community then this is what he was appointed for, nothing less. If you feel treated unfairly the admins must be listed somewhere with possibilities to contact them.

hendybadger
18-11-2009, 10:42
I agree with you bdo.
But as said before, there are no regular processes in that trading forum. Not 1 rule.
I have used it for years and had complete trades without problem right up to last week.
Until a Mod that banned me ,for asking questions that he had heard before, found the thread.
And I always participate in other sections with comments or even my own WIPs.

I am also only asking advice on here. Without saying who it was.

sigur
18-11-2009, 10:48
Okay, so you definately are sure that you were treated wrong and picked on by some mod. As some of us wrote, try to contact other mods (NOT via public postings of course but via e-mail) and tell him your story. Just try to settle it and that's it.

What are we here supposed to do about it? I even took a trip to Warpshadow to have a look and the only trading threads are started by you and no older than two weeks so it's impossible for us to check what other trading threads over there look like so there's no evidence for us (for those who care) to see if you're wrong or right.

hendybadger
18-11-2009, 10:54
I have made contact with the other Admins and Im awaiting a reply.

Sigur- Those who care? If you dont then why post in this thread?
What are you supposed to do about it? I came here to ask for advice. Nothing more

And please. please, PLEASE can we keep names anon? including the site?
Im not trying to put people off it, or cause them hassle. I often send people towards the site.

Brimstone
18-11-2009, 11:08
And please. please, PLEASE can we keep names anon? including the site?
Im not trying to put people off it, or cause them hassle. I often send people towards the site.

Having a link to said site in your signature doesn't help ;)

Okay an official response please don't carry on issues from one forum to another. So far this thread has been pretty polite however if it goes downhill it will be removed from Warseer.

The Warseer Inquisition

hendybadger
18-11-2009, 11:18
Thanks for that Brimstone.
I have taken the advice from here and given it a go. Hopefully everything should work out fine.