5x Marauder Horsemen + Flails + MoS = 85
5x Hounds = 30

5x Knights + MoN = 230
5x Knights + MoN = 230
4x Dragon Ogres + GW = 308

Sorcerer Lord + lvl 4 + MoT + Disc + Conjoined Homunculus + Golden Eye of Tzeentch + Infernal Puppet + Book of Secrets + Enchanted Shield = 435
Sorcerer + level 2 + MoN + Power Familiar + Dispel Scroll + Chaos Steed = 214
Sorcerer + level 2 + MoN + Rod of Torment + Biting Blade + Chaos Steed = 214
Hero + BSB + MoT + Disc + Bloodcurdling Roar + Glaive of Putrefaction + Collar of Khorne + Shield + Halberd = 249

total = 2250

*Basic Magic army. Level 4 blasts people away, lvl 2s support and pick off his characters. Hero is there to kill large things or skirmishers. Marauders grab table quarters and harass flanks, DrOgres for other big things or knights, my knights for killing his infantry.

OR

5x Knights + MoN = 230
5x Knights + MoN = 230
5x Knights + MoN = 230
4x Dragon Ogres + GW = 308

Sorcerer + level 2 + MoN + Power Familiar + Dispel Scroll + Chaos Steed = 214
Sorcerer + level 2 + MoN + Rod of Torment + Biting Blade + Chaos Steed = 214
Hero + BSB + MoT + Disc + Bloodcurdling Roar + Glaive of Putrefaction + Collar of Khorne + Shield + Halberd = 249
Hero + MoK + Axe of Khorne + Favor of the Gods + Shield + Juggernaut = 230

total = 2245

*This army is similar but instead of the lord I take another hero, designed to kill characters. I use my 2 sorcerers to kill champions and have my hero, supported by DrOgres most likely, kill my opponents characters. I still have my monster/skirmisher killer since they are a dime a dozen.

I haven't fought in a tourney with WoC yet and curious if my selections are sound. I think I have enough tough models/units to cause target overload for shooty armies.

blackjack
18-11-2009, 14:53
I like your second list better. The problem is that the way you have structured your MON sorcs means they will have to ride with knights and get into CC by turn 2 or so. This means they will have to issue challenges and get killed.

You need foot bunker unit for your non combat characters.

Sepulcher
19-11-2009, 05:29
Well, I don't plan to send my knights after his CC characters. I am using them to kill normal units and enemy wizards. My DrOgres are going to be the ones kill the hard units and in the second list I have a hero with the AoK to take out enemy CC characters.

I keep the lvl 2's with my knights so that they can kill champions and have some decent protection. Not much lives through 10 S5 5 S4 anyway, at least not the front rank who wants to attack back.

BigbyWolf
19-11-2009, 08:42
Well, I don't plan to send my knights after his CC characters. I am using them to kill normal units and enemy wizards. My DrOgres are going to be the ones kill the hard units and in the second list I have a hero with the AoK to take out enemy CC characters.

I keep the lvl 2's with my knights so that they can kill champions and have some decent protection. Not much lives through 10 S5 5 S4 anyway, at least not the front rank who wants to attack back.

A good theory in principle, but you can't guarantee that the opponent won't be looking to engage your knights with his tougher units/ characters.

Marauder Horsemen are your best mage hunters...better to use a unit worth under 100 points than one worth almost triple that.