PDA

View Full Version : Valkia 2000 Points WoC

Poseidal
18-11-2009, 10:45
My ideas for a Valkia list, not mono marked in this case but hopefully quite fun. Because of the points squeeze in 2000 with the Warshrines and Chosen, the core centres around marauder 'detachments' to support the shrines/chosen with the normal heavy hitters present (Knights, Drogres).

Basically, while I build up my 'main army', this one is for some modelling fun if/when I build a Valkia and some Warshrines. Maybe if I can get hold of some, using Zoats as the Drogres.

1 Valkia @ 410
1 Sorcerer, 2 Dispel Scrolls @ 135

10 Marauders, Flails, Musician, MoS @ 64
10 Marauders, Flails, Musician, MoS @ 64
5 Marauder Horsemen, Flails, Musician, MoK @ 111
3 x 5 Dogs, total @ 90

12 Chosen, Halberds, Shields, Full Command, Rapturous Standard, Favour, MoT @ 335
5 Knights, Musician, Standard, MoK @ 260
3 Dragon Ogres, Great Weapons @ 231

1 Warshrine, MoT @ 150
1 Warshrine, MoT @ 150

Total: 2000 points, 64 models

For the 2250 variation, I'll either upgrade the Sorcerer to level 2 and add another level 2 and probably mark both Tzeentch or take an Exalted Hero and another unit of horsemen and maybe more dogs to fill up the points if any remain.

Should I change anything?

Whitehorn
18-11-2009, 11:19
Zoats are a great idea! I always fancied doing the flipside of chaos - Daemons as fey-folk, or Chaos Warriors as Centaurs, Zoats, etc. Hope it works out for you!

I think overall you may have invested in the 'boosts' a little too much, but the best solution is to give it a test. I've found too many small flankers/hard hitters end up tripping on each other.

Poseidal
19-11-2009, 09:37
Which boosts do you think are too much in this case?

I've kept the character count low, to fit in the shrines and units.