PDA

View Full Version : Anyone bought a Rhino lately?

Scorcher505
18-11-2009, 13:23
I got a rhino a couple weeks ago, and the tread was all messed up. It looked like there was a problem with the injection molding as it did not fill all the way. A couple other guys at my store had the same thing happen with theirs. I called GW and they sent me a whole new replacement rhino (hey all I asked for was some treads but I was not gonna complain). I got the replacement and the same exact thing was wrong with it. I am wondering if anyone else has noticed this with any of theirs.

Spider-pope
18-11-2009, 13:43
I got a rhino a couple weeks ago, and the tread was all messed up. It looked like there was a problem with the injection molding as it did not fill all the way. A couple other guys at my store had the same thing happen with theirs. I called GW and they sent me a whole new replacement rhino (hey all I asked for was some treads but I was not gonna complain). I got the replacement and the same exact thing was wrong with it. I am wondering if anyone else has noticed this with any of theirs.

Sounds like its an issue with a whole batch of them. Get in touch with GW again, they will likely send another replacement. Also tell them the batch number, which should help them remove the dodgy casts from sale.

Latro_
18-11-2009, 13:50
ot: but tell you what gw are missing a trick on, if they sold rhinos like an apoc box... say 3 in a pack (like the old old days) with a discount. They'd make a freaking killing.

Grimmeth
18-11-2009, 13:51
Bought a Chaos Rhino a couple of weeks ago but the tracks seem fine on that.

Mind you, I've still only stuck one track together on it...

SPYDER68
18-11-2009, 14:15
Off topic also but..

Not much of a point to buy a rhino kit, for only $5 more you can buy a razorback and basically have a rhino and an extra turret if you ever want to use razors.

Scorcher505
18-11-2009, 14:33
But if you play Blood Angels like I do, rhinos have overcharged engines, while razors do not, and when you plan on fielding 5 rhinos, that $5 difference adds up ;)

ThePope
18-11-2009, 14:38
But if you play Blood Angels like I do, rhinos have overcharged engines, while razors do not, and when you plan on fielding 5 rhinos, that $5 difference adds up ;)

Pretty sure he was on about kit wise not play wise :P

SPYDER68
18-11-2009, 14:39

I do play blood angels, and with new codex coming next year.. you never know if they will gain Overcharged on Razors or not :P

5 rhinos is only $25 :P small small price when it comes down to the chance of ever wanting to use a razor.

To each their own thou.

I have 6 Rhino's in progress right now, and i wish i had a razor turret for every one of them. (Got them throu trades / found them in boxes from 6-7 years ago when BA was my main army)

Rick Blaine
18-11-2009, 14:46

It adds up to five cheap sentry gun conversions! ;)

rabblerouser
18-11-2009, 14:49
I have had the exact same problem. It's a flaw in the moulds that occasionally pops up.

TheBigBadWolf
18-11-2009, 15:35
Sounds like its an issue with a whole batch of them. Get in touch with GW again, they will likely send another replacement. Also tell them the batch number, which should help them remove the dodgy casts from sale.

Yep, it seems like a batch problem, give them the batch number on the side of the box and it should be fixed, kinda like the missing legged hive tyrant.

Scorcher505
18-11-2009, 15:42
Well God likes me lately I guess. I get a rhino, for free as a gift, and the tread is bad, so GW sends me another, for free. The replacement free rhino is bad, in the same way, so I call GW again, and am getting another free rhino. 3 rhinos for the cost of NONE!

SPYDER68
18-11-2009, 16:01
Well God likes me lately I guess. I get a rhino, for free as a gift, and the tread is bad, so GW sends me another, for free. The replacement free rhino is bad, in the same way, so I call GW again, and am getting another free rhino. 3 rhinos for the cost of NONE!

Very nice

GW customer service has always been great about making good on their errors.

Scorcher505
18-11-2009, 16:04
Yes it is great, but seriously a bit over the top. If I were in their position I would say stop whining and take the free rhino you already got *insert expletive*. Not gonna complain because I need rhinos anyway but still excessively helpful is something I am not used to, because I have worked retail all my life :P

wilsongrahams
18-11-2009, 16:11
The point is that you have not got a complete Rhino, so cannot make the item as described, so the extras are neither here nor there - you will be happy with them even without the tracks, but GW had an obligation to correct the issue you had by giving you one complete rhino. Giving you a second incomplete rhino and saying be happy, does not give you what you paid for.

But, I'm glad you're happy, I'm just saying why they had to do it.

Scorcher505
18-11-2009, 17:27
If this one is messed up I am just counting my blessings and moving on. I do not need to milk this thing any more than I already have

AndrewGPaul
18-11-2009, 18:27
How is expecting GW give you what you paid for "milking it"? :rolleyes:

StormWulfen
18-11-2009, 18:32
How is expecting GW give you what you paid for "milking it"? :rolleyes:

but he didn't pay for it he got it as a gift ;)

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
18-11-2009, 18:32

Hold the phone there, buddy.

I'm not sure if you've actually called them for confirmation, but I had a similar situation once. I got a bad casting of a Krootox (THEY'RE ALL BAD CASTINGS, I learned later), so I called and they sent me another. This one was also crappy, so they told me I have to send it back before they'd send me another. I didn't want the hassle of paying to mail the stupid thing back myself, so here it sits near my desk, unsent, unassembled, and an unusual example of a bad GW product (in my opinion).

So they might make you send the other broken one back.

TheBigBadWolf
18-11-2009, 18:34
I got the old 3rd ed SM codex for my birthday a few years ago. only problem was it was in French :confused:, they sent me the english version and a 10 voucher as the order showed they had mucked up on their end, awesome :cool:

Urath
18-11-2009, 18:45
I had this problem with the Chaos Dreadnought several years ago; it was missing it's legs and, possibly, some of the weapon options. The GW sold it to me for 5 cheaper in the first place due to a 'pricing error'. Anyway, I took it back to the shop and they exchanged it for the old metal Chaos Terminators.

Nowadays, I'd much rather get a Forgeworld Dreadnought; but I was sad at the time.

guillimansknight
18-11-2009, 18:45
Very nice

GW customer service has always been great about making good on their errors.

Is this the same GW ???

I bought a bundle for like 65 and It was missing a LR and defiler

I paid 65 for a rhino and 6 chaos marines!!!!

They told me to get stuffed when I contacted them

Urath
18-11-2009, 18:47
Is this the same GW ???

Judging by your usual posts I'd imagine it was because you were rude to them :angel:

Deetwo
18-11-2009, 18:55
Is this the same GW ???

This is actually the first time I've ever heard somebody not getting fully compensated for missing stuff AND end up with a pile of extras on top.

Urath
18-11-2009, 18:58
This is actually the first time I've ever heard somebody not getting fully compensated for missing stuff AND end up with a pile of extras on top.

If that's the case, I may buy a Khorne Berzerker kit, for example, take out one of the spures and then phone up GW so they send me a tonne of extra stuff and a 'replacement'. :p

I am joking, btw.

SPYDER68
18-11-2009, 19:59
Ive never had a problem with GW not making good on something.

There was a Bundle with 6 chaos marines.. rhino.. defiler and a LR ?

LonelyPath
18-11-2009, 20:43
I had the same problem with a predator kit I bought the other week, the track sections looked terrible on them. I called GW and got a replacement and also went online to a bits site and ordered replacement track sections from there. Now I have 3 predators for my DA and I'm very happy.

I also ordered 3 kans from them a few months ago, 2 arrived without any weapons and got replacement kits and did the same by ordering bits online to get armaments for the 2 without.

Blizzinam
18-11-2009, 21:34
Never buy rhinos, buy razorbacks! same cost with more bits!

guillimansknight
18-11-2009, 21:40
Ive never had a problem with GW not making good on something.

There was a Bundle with 6 chaos marines.. rhino.. defiler and a LR ?

Yea the defiler had just come out and it was like some expansion kit for the CSM - I might have been due a few more marines but it was a while back

disdainful
18-11-2009, 23:01
So they might make you send the other broken one back.

Yeah, GW will usually just ship out the first one no questions asked, after that you gotta start sending the stuff back. I had a XV8 with a miscast torso, and the Troll I talked to told me as much.

-Dis.

fox-hound
19-11-2009, 04:28
I bought a marine LR and a turret was totally messed up, so i sent for a replacement and the second one was just the same! So I just decided to pin it and be happy.

Jagd44
19-11-2009, 07:08
A friend of mine is collecting a Space Wolves army and bought seven Rhinos. He payed me to put the Rhinos together. So far I have built four of them and started on the fifth. So far, all the Rhinos are in good condition.

As an aside, I was once given a Chimera that was in a sealed box from a friend who was quitting 40k. One of the sprues was left out; the one with the back part of the vehicle. I called GW and they sent me a brand new one. I am now in the process of building a Deathstrike Missile Launcher from the incomplete Chimera and a V2 rocket model I did buy.

GW generally has good customer service in replacing bad models.

Lord Solar Plexus
19-11-2009, 08:34
Regrettably I have not bought any boxes with missing or warped parts. Darn!

Well, I can always hope... ;)

Scorcher505
19-11-2009, 13:49
The person I talked to did not say I had to send anything back, he just apologized for the bad tank and then told me that another rhino is being shipped to me, put it on my account at GW as an order for $0.00 and gave me tracking information. Says it is shipping me a rhino. Still, I will take what I get, but there supreme generousity seems to be something that could too easily be taken advantage of.

Ambience 327
19-11-2009, 18:18
Shoot, GW customer service is awesome. I once placed a huge order and received one box (containing two boxed games, as well as a smattering of other things) TWICE - as in "double the quantity". I phoned them up and told them about the issue, they told me to just keep it as it wouldn't be worth the hassle of them getting it returned.

That on top of the several times I've had miscasts/missing sprues and phoned them up only to have a complete replacement sent as people are mentioning here. Whatever else you say about them, in my opinion GW's customer service is top notch!

DA_WarM
19-11-2009, 18:43
I bought a new one recently and there was no problem with it.

However, I bought the new Azhag the Slaughterer kit and it came with a missing wing. I called GW and they sent a complete kit. So I have two Azhag and only three wings (but a complete model)...

Thrain
19-11-2009, 21:06
I just built one the other day that I got about a month ago and all was fine with the kit.

I glued one piece in backwards but that's a personal issue.

ShaiAhlude
20-11-2009, 00:06
Depending on what kind of inventory system GW has probably plays a big part in this too. Returning & restocking can be either really easy or a complete pain in the postierer.

Makes sense that "the first one's free, after that send it in". They probably put your name & address in a file, and once you have a 2nd issue your name "pops up" and they ask to send in the defective to avoid getting burned.

Too bad they don't count my glueing mistakes as "bad from factory" :angel:

Norsehawk
21-11-2009, 03:26
GW has always bent over backwards to keep the customer happy in my experience.

A few notable examples from my personal experience:

When Apoc was launching, I purchased the 9x Basilisk+1 Chimera box set, every bassie was missing the exact same sprue, they shipped me a box with 9 of the missing sprues.

When the Wolverine looking Space Wolf guy came out, I placed a 100+ dollar order for him, some imperial guard characters, Khorne lord on jugger, ect After it shipped I waited and waited, eventually, I called them up to ask if they could track the order (for some reason, I think the shipping number never showed up on the order page) I call up, the young woman looks into it, says that it should have arrived and that she was going to reship the order. A few days later the order she reshipped arrived, and a few days after that, the original one showed up as well. When I called to ask how to return the extra stuff, they told me not to sweat it.

Of course, with as much GW stuff as I buy, I think I might have a personal line in the annual budget report.

ard boy stu
22-11-2009, 19:50
this is a bit of topic but....

I bought Ghazghkull a while ago and on his left foot a huge piece of metal is sticking out I know this isnt meant to be there so I attempted to cut it of with a hobby knith and it broke :mad:

so what should I do :confused: Should i take it in to my local GW store or what? :confused:

Dragoon King
22-11-2009, 20:06
I had the same problem with Assault Marines a few weeks back. I bought the first box of the GW website, but the minis were terrible. The bases were BLUE and the backpacks had holes in them, so did the beakie heads, all the legs, and some of the torsos. When I tried to drill holes in the bolt pistols, the plastic kinda crumbled. After 2 more boxes, I STILL HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. It took me 3 boxes of AM to make 6 Raptor conversions. They were free though, well 2 were, plus I used the other bits to get stuff at The Warstore.

LonelyPath
22-11-2009, 23:14
I recieved my latest order from GW yesterday and sadly nothing was of poor quality or missing, here's hoping for my next order! lol.

Saying that though, a guy at my regular club recently orders a baneblade and it arrived missing a couple of sprues, I recommened her call them up about it. I saw him in a local shop yesterday and he informed me that he'd followed my advice and recieved the missing frames as well as the sponsons conversion to make up for their previous error. No replacement kit for him, but he was very happy with his little bonus :)