PDA

View Full Version : Couple of queries

Gurunty
18-11-2009, 15:33
A couple of things that came up recently that I'm hoping someone can advise on please.

1 - Skirmishers charge in, only 1 model is in charge range. That model then gets killed. Does the skirmishing unit still count as in combat for the sake of CR bonuses for numbers, flank, etc.

2 - Character on chariot in challenge with a unit champion. The Steeds fight in the challenge right? Do the remaining chariot crew fight with the enemy rank and file?

Can't find any verification of either in the BRB so if its there and someone can point me to it that would be grand.

Nurgling Chieftain
18-11-2009, 15:49
1 - Yes. You cannot drop out of combat until the "Redress the Ranks" step, and at that step the skirmishers would just move forward into contact anyway, if possible.

2 - The steeds fight in the challenge, the chariot crew don't fight at all. (Page 77, fourth paragraph of the right column.)

wilsongrahams
18-11-2009, 16:14
Erm, don't the rest just rank up as long as one model can reach anyway?

nosferatu1001
18-11-2009, 17:23
No, only those in reach form the fighting rank, everyone else lines up behind. You can have a long conga line.

The exception is any champions or characters in teh unit are placed in the fighting rank.

wilsongrahams
19-11-2009, 13:27
Sorry, I meant this, I just read the above post as meaning the rest remain skirmished and only those that can reach are formed up into a unit.

T10
19-11-2009, 18:13
1 - Skirmishers charge in, only 1 model is in charge range. That model then gets killed. Does the skirmishing unit still count as in combat for the sake of CR bonuses for numbers, flank, etc.

While in close combat the skirmishers form up in ranks and files and fight as a normal unit (with the exceptions detailed for skirmishers). As the unit suffers casualties these are removed from the rear of the unit in the same manner as other units.

-T10