PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Hobbits? Any Word?

Shrapnelsmile
19-11-2009, 04:45
Has GW even hinted at these? It would be a nice addition to the line.

lorelorn
19-11-2009, 05:21
No hints. Don't hold your breath.

Wargames Factory put out a very interesting sprue render, and got immediate "add bows!" feedback, but there's been no follow up and their attention seems to be elsewhere now.

Kroot Lord
19-11-2009, 07:12
Nope, and it doesn't look like they'll be revisiting the line anytime soon either.

jaws900
19-11-2009, 08:53
nothing do far as Rohan/Isengard are next on the list so don't expect any hint of them until mid next year atleast.

The Marshel
19-11-2009, 13:04
I think its never going to happen really. hobbits are never going to be popular enough to justify it for gw. you'll probably sooner see plastic hobbits in wfb.

SBG are likely to never use them, but on the ocasions they do its normally scenario play. the odd army pops up but you can keep th nuber needed low with a few tricks.

As for wotr, well i dunno much about wotr but surely the hobits are as much a gimic there as they are in sbg, you musn't need to many.

HsojVvad
19-11-2009, 14:52
I think maybe, Hobbits will be in plastic one the movie the Hobbit is out. Maybe that will make more intrest in them. I havn't read the book, so I don't know if the Hobbit community is in the book alot. I will read the book after the movie, just like I did with the rest of the LotR movies.

Shrapnelsmile
20-11-2009, 03:16
I guess we shall see. Despite their laughable defence, Hobbit archers hitting on a 3+ would make a nice box set of 24, especially with a variety of poses.

The Marshel
20-11-2009, 05:00
i suppose a 8 militia 8 sheriff 8 archers set might have some merit, but i really doubt this would happen anytime soon

lorelorn
20-11-2009, 06:56
I think maybe, Hobbits will be in plastic one the movie the Hobbit is out. Maybe that will make more intrest in them. I havn't read the book, so I don't know if the Hobbit community is in the book alot.

It's not. In fact there is less of the Shire in The Hobbit than in Lord of the Rings. Dwarfs, wargs, trolls, giant spiders, elves, men of Dale and goblins of the misty mountains all appear, but there are no Hobbits other than Bilbo.

HsojVvad
21-11-2009, 18:23
It's not. In fact there is less of the Shire in The Hobbit than in Lord of the Rings. Dwarfs, wargs, trolls, giant spiders, elves, men of Dale and goblins of the misty mountains all appear, but there are no Hobbits other than Bilbo.

Wow, then I am completely wrong in what I thought the Hobbit was. So I have no idea when the Hobbit set will be coming out, if it does at all now.

Whitwort Stormbringer
21-11-2009, 21:29
If it does come out, I would like someone else's suggestion of 8/8/7/1 militia/sherrifs/archers/hornblower. But no holding our breath.

lorelorn
22-11-2009, 03:16
As with every other plastic infantry box, there will be two identical sprues. No possibility of a one-of in any box, unless they change things to have two different sprues. This would increase set-up costs, so I doubt that will happen.

Kroot Lord
22-11-2009, 21:58
There's a genuine reason it's called "The Hobbit", and not "The Hobbits".

;)

Whitwort Stormbringer
22-11-2009, 22:11
As with every other plastic infantry box, there will be two identical sprues. No possibility of a one-of in any box, unless they change things to have two different sprues. This would increase set-up costs, so I doubt that will happen.

Good point. Perhaps some of the archers on the sprue could have separate arms, and there would be one variant with a horn? That way, you could make 0, 1, or 2 hornblowers if you wanted to. Conversely, I wouldn't be opposed to them selling plastic hobbits as a "half set", with 4/4/3/1 - militia/sherrifs/archers/hornblower, since that would be plenty of hobbits for me anyways.

Of course, what would be most likely (assuming they ever make plastic hobbits at all) is a metal blister with a hornblower and some other hobbity characters, like they have now, although maybe not named.

lorelorn
22-11-2009, 23:01
Good point. Perhaps some of the archers on the sprue could have separate arms, and there would be one variant with a horn?

Maybe, or even just a horn or two on the sprue that you can glue to hobbit belts could work also.

Kroot Lord
23-11-2009, 18:33
Actually 1/4 Hobbit Archers at the moment have horns at their belts, albeit they are smaller than the "official" hornblowers.

The Marshel
27-11-2009, 03:39
here is a thought, Hobbit Command Set :D