PDA

View Full Version : What plastic kits do you want to see?

The Marshel
19-11-2009, 13:31
With wotr came great potential for plenty more lotr plastic kits to be produced.

so far we've gotten:

The Army of the Dead: usefull for wotr, where they're apparently not bad
handy for sbg, as though they are rather underwhelming as an army, they are important for playing out the pelonor fields according to the movie.

The Ent: interesting kit, not a bad addition imo

Galadhrim warriors: I'm not the biggest fan. i see the need and use though. I would have preferred no spears tbh, but then it may be more because i like the idea of a mostly unarmored wood elf army more then an armored on. Still, i like the metals much more

Galadhrim knights: stupid idea imo. If they wanted elf cavarly why didn't they make elinath? they could at the least done some sort of light cavarly, as heavy cav hardly suits wood elves.

beyond this we've seem a large amount of metal miniatures. personally i feel more plastics are just around the corner, so i think its time to predict and/or wishlist.

these are really more wishlisting then realistic. Never the less, 6 kits i'd really like to see are as follows.

plastic knights of dol amroth. existed for ages and lack a 5 man metal set. amongst the best good cavalry, deserve it imo, plus they may fix the helmets.

Warriors of Dol Amroth: obviously knights of Dol Amroth on foot and men at arms of Dol Amroth. though question is do you split 12/12, 10/10 or add a third varient to the mix, maybe men at arms with bows?

Fiefdom warriors: axemen of lossarrnach, Clansmen of lamedon and a third fief troop, i recal some ranger unit in wotr, perhaps some new ranger sculpts?

Gondorian Elites: Plastic citadel guard with spear, with bow and plastic guards of the fountain court.

Numenorian warriors and elven warriors: basically split the last alliance set and make plastic versions of the missing metals. I don't know why this hasn't already been done. people seem to like high elves so there has to be money in this.

on a more realistic note, i reckon we have a decent chance of getting some plastic dunlanding warriors soon. I just hope they are as good looking as the metals. obvious split being 8 thw, 8 shield and 8 bows.

HsojVvad
19-11-2009, 14:51
Well you summed it up good for me. My biggest wish is for Knights of Dol Amroth. That is one reason why I don't collect them. To expensive in metal. If they were cheaper then I would start, but it's the price and not the material it's made from.

So I am hoping that them being in plastic would be cheaper.

Shrapnelsmile
20-11-2009, 03:18
some Plastic Khazad Guard for dwarves would solve a bit of brain-wracking for me right now.

someone2040
20-11-2009, 05:32
Yesssss...
Dol Amroth models + Fiefdoms.
I would love to see Fiefdoms get some spotlight time.
Just as you said it, plastic Knights of Dol Amroth, another set with Foot Knights and Men At Arms, and then a Fiefdoms set for Axemen, Clansmen and Blackroot Vale Rangers.
It would be awesome.

However, I think it's more realistic that they'd release plastic Dol Amroth stuff, and then some metal figures for the Blackroot Vale archers, ignoring the Axemen and Clansmen as they are Legendary Formations while Dol Amroth are your common troops.

lorelorn
20-11-2009, 06:53
Fiefdoms plastic set would be great, though would probably be 8/8/4 for axemen/clansmen/dol amroth pike, as per the easterling box

Dwarf elites, 12 each of iron guard and khazad guard. Yes please!

Rohan Royal Guard
Rohan Royal Knights
Rohan Outriders

Hobbits (with bows!)

Easterling Kataphrakts
Khandish warriors/ horsemen

High Elves 8/8/8 split of spear/shield, glaive and bow

I'm not holding my breath for any of these, but it would be nice.

vorthrax
20-11-2009, 14:14
Dol Amroth in plastic would be very nice.

Whitwort Stormbringer
20-11-2009, 23:14
I'd like to see plastic hobbits. I can't imagine buying more than 1 box, but still it would be nice to have them slightly more affordable.

Also, not WotR related, but I'd like plastics of the major armies from Battle of Five Armies. Granted most of them are already represented in some form or another, but I'm excited to see how they'll look on the big screen, and to get plastics of those guys.

destroyerlord
21-11-2009, 03:23
Fiefdoms plastic set would be great, though would probably be 8/8/4 for axemen/clansmen/dol amroth pike, as per the easterling box
Oh please no! The ridiculously small number of pikes in the Easterling box is probably the only reason why I don't own any at the moment. Considering the pike is the Easterling's signature weapon (the only weapon we see them using in the films), only including 4 in a box was a horrible idea. I think I worked out that buying Easterling pikes in the plastic box was the same price as buying them in blisters when they first came out, the only difference being that the plastic box gave you lots of spare bow/swordsmen (over 33% bowmen too!)
A 10/10 Swan Knight/Pikemen would be the only way to go for me. Remember these are pikes, you need lots of them to make a decent block, preferably more than you have sword/shields.
Umm...sorry to rant. :p

Hero adamite
21-11-2009, 03:37
plastic Urak-Hai crossbowers would be nice if they haven't already done that.

Edonil
21-11-2009, 03:49
nope on the uruk-hai crossbowmen, they haven't been made yet in plastic. Black Numenoreans and Morgul Knights are my votes.

Joewrightgm
21-11-2009, 04:22
What I think we're going to see, in addition to my wishes, would be plastic Khandish Warriors, plastic Dunlendings, and Plastic Khandish Horsemen. The warriors and horsemen would be useful for War as well as SBG, while the Dunlendings would simply make great 'evil barbarians', which would be usable in war as Dunlandings and as Carn Dum warbands.

I also had heard a whispered rumor that when War was initially released, designers were trying to decide between Khand and Dunland for other plastic kits.

I personally, and this is a total pipe dream, would love a plastic Wraith on Fell Beast. Most evil players like them, and certainly you can field ridiculous amounts of them in War, and it would just be sweet to see what they can do, especially since the Ent kit and Screaming Bell showing almost how without limit the technology for plastics has become.

Edonil
21-11-2009, 04:32
Oooooohhh...second the plastic Fellbeast kit

VeriNasti
21-11-2009, 07:34
Here we go -
Elves
8/8/8 glaives, bows, spears and shields for high elves
Arnor
Numernorians 8/8/8 spear +shield, sword + shield, bow
Fiefdoms
10/10 pikes and man at arms
8/8/8 clansman and axeman and rangers
Dwarves -
8/8/2 khazad, iron and vault wardens
Gondor
8/8/8 fountain guard, citadel guard with bow, citadel guard with sword and shield
Hobbits
8/8/7/1 sherrifs, militia, archers and hornblower
Isenguard
8/8/8 pikes, shield and sword, crossbow
or
8/8/8 feral, beserkers, crossbow
Angmar
8/8/8 spectres, shades and barrowwights

ie. a lot.

Shrapnelsmile
21-11-2009, 09:22
Yeah to Vault Wardens!

The Marshel
21-11-2009, 09:48
when you say two vault wardens, do you mean 2 teams or a shield bearer and a spear men?
I'd guess two given the 8/8/2 split.

plastic fellbeast, can't believe i forgot that one. would enjoy plastic khandish, but i predict a similiar situation to the galadhrim for me (buy lots of metals anyway cause i like them better)

If it came down to a choice of khand or dun land though, i think i'd rather dunland.

@destroyer Lord, I agree with you on the easterling pike issue. without enough pikes they just feel like a small swarm of gold warriors of minas tirith. though there are a few swordsmen sculpts that can be easily converted to pike men if you can acquire a decent looking spear.

HsojVvad
21-11-2009, 18:14
I forgot to mentione I want all 9 Wringwraiths in Plastic too. It's just to expensive for me to buy 9 minis for. I can buy so many more plastic minis for the price of just 9 metal ones.

VeriNasti
24-11-2009, 08:25
Yeah, I meant 2 teams of Vaults.
Plastic wraiths would be nice too - 9 on foot, and 3 sets of 3 mounted and on foot?
And then Felbeast costing same as troll perhaps?

Zaonite
24-11-2009, 21:26
I wanna see plastic Uruk Crossbows

Also plastic High Elf spears and High Elf Cavalry - I believe their proper name is Elnaith.

Do that and I willbe happy, oh and the Elf Chariot listed in the Legions of Middle Earth book.

ImhotepMagi
29-11-2009, 03:21
All I really want to see is PROPER High Elf infantry. And hopefully not by the same sculptor as the Galadhrim warriors. I've never been a fan of the chunky look.

A true multi-part kit would not go amiss. Bodies with completely separate arms for every option. I'd rather get 12 models with all the options (12 spears, 12 shields, 12 bows and 12 swords, plus maybe parts for a captain and banner) than 24 models that I won't use a third of anyway. Scaled properly and looking like elves instead of chunky LARPers in bad garb, please.

EDIT: If I can get 24 like that, I'll take that too, lol :P

Minohtar
29-11-2009, 03:42
I'd prefer things we haven't seen yet.

Orcish siege tower kit

Modular ruined/unruined Gondor buildings for Osgiliath, like the 40K Imperial terrain

Hobbit holes

Golden Hall of Meduseld kit (ok this is a bit of a stretch, but that's 'what I want to see' :p)

fracas
29-11-2009, 05:15
1. plastic evil men for use in Isengard or Angmar
2. plastic kataphrakts

Hellfury
01-12-2009, 09:54
1. plastic evil men for use in Isengard or Angmar
2. plastic kataphrakts

Seconded.

#1 offers the most widespread utility as currently the best way to get these is to use (the rather nice) warlord games celtic warriors.

#2 is just plain needed because every other faction has their cavalry in plastic so this is a natural progression.

I would love to see a plethora of other plastic kits, but I feel the two previously mentioned are the ones that need the most attention.