PDA

View Full Version : beaastmen models worth getting now?

bizzar6311
19-11-2009, 17:20
I wanted to know if it was worth getting any beastmen models now. I was thinking of picking up some chariots and beast herd boxes. I'm just not sure if there going to make new models for them.

Red Metal
19-11-2009, 17:32
I'm considering picking up some Beastmen Minotaurs, Dragon Ogres, and maybe a Shaggoth; since those are rumored to be eliminated or changed to plastics. But that's just for painting reasons. I've been meaning to pick up a Shaggoth for years now...

I think you should be safe in picking up some of the plastic Core units.

bludsturm
19-11-2009, 18:28
The existing dragon ogre models are so ugly it's really not worth it to buy them! There have been a number of really good conversions of ogres + cold ones and the like, if you want to use DOs.

Whitehorn
19-11-2009, 18:51
We don't know for sure if Dragon Ogres are in the book. I'd hold back to be safe.

Gors and Ungors are a safe choice. They have some new pieces in Feb, but should fit in seamlessly. Any metal characters for generic use are safe too.

Not sure about Chariot - I hope they redo the Tuskgors!

Papawolf
19-11-2009, 23:09
beast herds deffo, cos they are gna be more expensive and i bet they wont change much cos they are still nice models
some of the metal characters like the one with great weapon might go and that is a lovely model so i might grab one of them.
i cant think of any current models which will be removed which you would want particularly, i would just stock up on gor and ungor

Zoolander
20-11-2009, 00:10
I wanted to know if it was worth getting any beastmen models now. I was thinking of picking up some chariots and beast herd boxes. I'm just not sure if there going to make new models for them.

I would just wait till you know what they are redoing. Why bother collecting them early? Is there a fire? You don't even know what will make the list when it comes out!

decker_cky
20-11-2009, 00:14
They're redoing beast herds into separate gor/ungor boxes at a 60% percent price increase, so I'd consider getting 2-3 of those to start. Chariots should be a safe purchase too. Wargors, hounds and centigors fill out the 'safe' choices of models that won't be replaced or severely improved upon.

Zoolander
20-11-2009, 00:23
They're redoing beast herds into separate gor/ungor boxes at a 60% percent price increase, so I'd consider getting 2-3 of those to start. Chariots should be a safe purchase too. Wargors, hounds and centigors fill out the 'safe' choices of models that won't be replaced or severely improved upon.

Maybe true, but what if the rules for those "safe" models suck now? Look at the Skaven Ratling Gun. Lots of Skaven players I know are switching to Warpfire Throwers because Ratlings roll to hit now. Me personally, I'd wait until the book came out, or at least enough rumors of the units came out where you could make a judgement. You might buy a chariot only to find they are dropped from the army entirely (remember wood elf chariots?). Why buy this early out? There's not much point. In fact, as the date grows closer, you will find more Beast stuff on ebay and for sale from local gamers. My 2 cents anyway.