PDA

View Full Version : Why not Guard???

cairodude12
19-11-2009, 21:30
Recently we found out that there will be an ultramarines movie. Now why would GW not go with something way cooler and simpler like say, a movie about the humble guardsmen. In fact some of the best stories out of the Black Library are about the Imperial Guard.
Besides how easy would it be to grab Starship Trooper like armour and with a few special effects you've got a blockbuster scifi. A story like 15 hours would be easy to adapt to a movie and it would be an awesome one too! I realise that it's been done before but I think that an Imperial Guard movie would be much cool and would catch on better with non hobbyists. Mabey the space marines can just spoop in for a couple scenes at the end and save the day if GW can't do without them.

Then when you've made a good 40k movie that everyone loves, even people who don't do the hobby, then you hit them with a sequel about the Marines.

sigur
19-11-2009, 21:33
Are you being serious? Because Space Marines are the iconic 40k thing and dudes in various outfit ranging from rambo to silly steampunk guys isn't exactly iconic? Your idea makes no sense.

cairodude12
19-11-2009, 21:34
Sure.
Why not?

The SMs can come in and save the day but nobody can relate to the Sms. Sure they are cool, but they are incapable of any emotion that makes a good movie other than just random killing. Plus anybody who doesn't play the hobby will look at a bunch of blue animated buz lightyears with guns and say, lame.

Using real actors is way more "cool".

Fideru
19-11-2009, 21:34
Are you being serious?

But, why so serious?

grissom2006
19-11-2009, 21:39
Why do guard because it would simply put it would be Starship Troopers with a different name and enemy. Or did you miss that one coming as GW made huge sales gains when the film hit the screens and everyone saw the guard and nid mini's. So why on earth would they attempt to do film using them when it would be seen as:

1. A copy and rehash of Starship Troopers.
2. Not showing off GW's star product when it comes to 40K.
3. Just look like a dozen other Sci-Fi films that have been made of basic humans fighting some alien thats been played out to death.

Lets now look at Space Marines their have been cyborg film the rare and odd enhanced human Sgi-Fi film.

Maine
19-11-2009, 21:41
If you want to watch a 40k-ish movie about soldiers like the Guard, watch Mutant Chronicles.

That movie has more in common with 40k than it does the original Mutant Chronicles source material.

Archangel_Ruined
19-11-2009, 21:42
Because someone had the option of making a film about 8ft tall superhuman walking tanks. Who might be werewolves, vampires or demons at the same time. It's a fanboi's wet dream and will probably not be a very good film (anime is probably the only medium it could work in without a major budget, that final fantasy film a few years back looked good but cost more than many live action films and a live action film wouldn't really work with the aliens and scale differences). Besides, there's already Starship Troopers for guard fans. I'd avoid the sequels though, trying to replace budget, plot, acting and special effects with breasts is never a recipe for success...

cairodude12
19-11-2009, 21:43
But wouldn't you go and see another Starship Trooper like movie? If they give the 40k movie good trailers, tons of people would show at theaters. I would go if they just overdubbed Starship Troopers with words like Tyranids and Lasguns and turned the muzzleflashes into lazers.

Rusty Initate
19-11-2009, 21:49
Space Marines are the flagship/mascot of 40k and Ultramarines seem to be the flag ship of the Space Marines

i would guess that the enermy will be orks or nids which are 2 enermys Ultras can fight due to there location

Guard could proberly be in a future film if this one turns out well

Netfreakk
19-11-2009, 21:50
But the main actor would have to die in the first few minutes...

grissom2006
19-11-2009, 21:51
But wouldn't you go and see another Starship Trooper like movie? If they give the 40k movie good trailers, tons of people would show at theaters. I would go if they just overdubbed Starship Troopers with words like Tyranids and Lasguns and turned the muzzleflashes into lazers.

Your missing the major downer in doing this it would be a clone to Starship Troopers it would get slated to hell and back by film critics, also fans would want to see something completely new. Even worse fans of Starship Troopers would claim they had their story ripped off in the film. As not everyone who likes the films likes GW or knows about GW. If you want a clone movie of something that been done to death fine. But plenty of people want to be wowed and not fed the same stuff to them time and time again. Doing Space Marines has a huge plus over doing a guard based film its called Originality.

loveless
19-11-2009, 21:51
I smell a Starship Troopers fanboy...

Go watch the sequels to that movie then and let 40K focus on the Space Marines for their movie.

Besides, Dawn of War is a popular enough game series that people will recognize the movie from that if not from the tabletop game.

IG is going to look just like...well...probably Starship Troopers if the 'Nids are the antagonists.

Sorros
19-11-2009, 21:53
Imo, make Tau the protagonists. They are emotional, so an actual plot other than lots of pew pew pew and slicing/chopping, and wouldn't seem like a rehash of starship troopers or any other movies that I can think of.

grissom2006
19-11-2009, 21:54
Imo, make Tau the protagonists. They are emotional, so an actual plot other than lots of pew pew pew and slicing/chopping, and wouldn't seem like a rehash of starship troopers or any other movies that I can think of.

And this will just run into the wall that will be created by the up coming release of Avatar IE blue/grey aliens.

JonnyX
19-11-2009, 22:04
I would of loved a Gaunts Ghost style gritty movie but after asking in store it looks like its gunna be a squad of space marines killing various races and presumably all dying in the end
Tbh if it was really a imperial guard movie it would be saving private ryan with lasers.

Epicenter
19-11-2009, 22:30
Many of us in the 40k hobby are sick of Space Marines to some degree to another. This ranges from "I love Space Marines, but I think other armies should get attention, too" to the Warseer Special of "We should just have one Codex for Space Marines so my <insert pet army that I feel hasn't gotten enough attention here> can get a new codex it's been <X> years!"

Remember, though, that for anyone who isn't very immersed in the 40k hobby, Space Marines are very interesting. They're still human enough to relate to, they're not like "Saving Private Ryan in Space" - they have this gothic power armor, they have these huge fists and hammers that can wreck a tank, etc. I think it's a very natural decision to use Space Marines, not Imperial Guardsmen.

Archangel_Ruined
19-11-2009, 22:35
It wouldn't be Saving Private Ryan. That was a very good plot, with a fantastic cast and production team along with an almost bottomless budget to film everything to perfection and pay for the effects to make it look as realistic as possible without actually killing anybody. What a live action guard film would be is Starship troopers at best.

SabrX
19-11-2009, 22:40
And this will just run into the wall that will be created by the up coming release of Avatar IE blue/grey aliens.

But unlike Avatar, Tau are highly advanced.

As for the antagonist, I can be anything: Xenos, Heretic, or Daemonic.

I for one would like a climatic ending involving Apocalypse like battle with mayhem, super heavies, and total war! *drools* :)

With screen play by Dan Abnett, I expect originality that doesn't fall under Aliens or Starshiper Troopers theme.

Dark_Templar
19-11-2009, 22:45
I would of loved a Gaunts Ghost style gritty movie but after asking in store it looks like its gunna be a squad of space marines killing various races and presumably all dying in the end
Tbh if it was really a imperial guard movie it would be saving private ryan with lasers.

Except it would be every guardsman for himself. So more like "****** Saving Private Ryan, RUN!!!"

I have to agree though, it would basically be Starship Troopers. But it all depends on who they are fighting with and how it is approached.

We all know it is only the first of many films, so I wouldn't be crying over the fact that the first one, which NEEDS to get the most attention, is based around one of their most lucrative properties.

Wednesday Friday Addams
19-11-2009, 22:48
It wouldn't be exactly like starship troopers. At least our ships have guns and we don't go in formation into Enemy fire without purpose...twice.

Batwings
19-11-2009, 22:54
Well, this won't be a movie in the 'queue up/buy your popcorn/find a decent seat' sense.

This will be a low-budget (by any Hollywood standard), straight to DVD 70 minute marketing device.
I imagine it'll be a cool something for those of us already in the hobby to take a look at (or tear to pieces depending on your persuasion) and will draw new kiddies into the game.

Expecting it to be anything greater than this will, I suspect, only lead to bitter disappointment.

Vaktathi
19-11-2009, 23:01
Why are people jumping to a straight Starship troopers clone assumption? If there's no nids I really don't see this happening. I'd be totally down for a Saving Private Ryan style Blood Pact versus Imperial Guard movie. That would rule

SilverDrake
19-11-2009, 23:17
The icon of 40k ist Space Marines, their the thing young males get to ident themselves with. Nobody wanna identify themselves with dying guard (no offense ment i#m playing them).
Also consider the dient part in DoW are SM.

Guard don't create enough GW-Feeling, they're just soldiers from WW1/2 in Space.
They won't create anything to come back to GW in form of Money through miniatures.

Just take a look at the imho underestimated Firewarrior. You can see what happens if Aliens are the protagonists, and those Aliens are the closest in 40k compared to modern western world you can find...

As tempting a Movie about Guard or something else seems, it never will happen for the circumstances, so whining about it is just futile...

regards

cairodude12
20-11-2009, 00:22
Well, I think that a movie filled with only senseless violence would get very boring after a while. In every good movie there is something deeper than just violence. Love is the most widely used example, or comradeship or some other deep moral. This kind of thing is what makes good movies, not violence. I think that it would be difficult to have one of these with Space Marines who are basically programmed just to kill and obey orders. With guard you could have the main characters backstory, maybe a familiy or love at home or something like that to make it interesting.

Bunnahabhain
20-11-2009, 00:34
Because someone had the option of making a film about 8ft tall superhuman walking tanks. Who might be werewolves, vampires or demons at the same time. It's a fanboi's wet dream and will probably not be a very good film (anime is probably the only medium it could work in without a major budget, that final fantasy film a few years back looked good but cost more than many live action films and a live action film wouldn't really work with the aliens and scale differences). Besides, there's already Starship Troopers for guard fans.
I agree entirely with this...

I'd avoid the sequels though, trying to replace budget, plot, acting and special effects with breasts is never a recipe for success...

Wondering if to sig this...

Sorros
20-11-2009, 01:24

With Kroot/Vespid Auxiliaries, Humans who are told 'join or die' and fight for them, and large crisis suits+Tau hover-tanks blowing stuff away with railguns and big lazorz?

I doubt they would, Avatar's Navarii or w/e are like savage, technologically lacking but possessing large, strong beasts+organic weaponry. Nothing like super-advanced vaguely imperialistic blue soldiers who use races they conquer to fight for them, while adapting their technology and running low-key concentration camps in the name of the greater good. I think it would be pretty epic--show a Tau fire warrior just going into battle, against guardsmen who are taken prisoner, shown as innocent conscripts, and then sent off into one of the Tau camps, reluctantly by the main character. Also show some Guardsmen being forced to fight by the commissars, so they are trapped, and the Tau warrior is forced to kill them. Then have the fanatical ultrasmurfs rain down in 'pods and wipe out as many Tau as possible, and kill any Guardsmen that have been taken prisoner since they have been exposed to Xenos. The Tau barely escapes, and Chaos invades through a warp storm. Ensuing pillaging, massacring, slaughter, etc, with Imperium fighting ruthlessly, Eldar coming to hunt down Chaos and get an artifact before the planet is overrun, and Tau are forced to give no quarter. The Imperium finally Exterminatus' the planet, and so the main character dies, along with millions of guardsmen, chaos, tau, and marines (who, being the fanatical devotees of the Emperor, sacrifice themselves to prevent the Chaos and Xenos from escaping).

Now, I realize I probably just wasted all of my time typing the plot as GW will never have a Tau as a main char, but here's my 2 cents.

Corpse
20-11-2009, 03:48
I would vote on a movie based off Orks.

At least that would be very original in both concept, and the range of enemies you see them fight for no reason but to fight. All the hilarious puns and scenarios and emotion twisters you can botch into that movie would be awesome. Get the audience to like a certain grot with his jokes, then all of a sudden have him stepped on in the middle of the movie.

Whats not to like with orks at the lead?

Aside from that... I would go for my wet dream of a daemon movie where its the daemons as the main force you watch during the movie. Seeing bad guys win again and again and again... Oh well..

iPaint
20-11-2009, 04:17
Armageddon's Second or Third Wars would make for a strong plot which could draw from all Imperial forces, and you'd get to see what a badass Yarrick is. Plus, waves upon waves of Orks falling upon Steel Legion gunlines, meanwhile overhead dozens of SM drop pods rocket into the fray.

Focus on a squad of guardsmen, or an officer, or hell, even some Marines. I just think that Space Marines, while being the poster children of 40k, just lack any sort of story development. They are surgical strike forces designed and built strictly for war, and they spend the rest of their down time meditating, chanting blessings, or training.

Now with the guard, you have the basic human trying to survive in an unbelievably bloody battle that simply dwarfs him in size and scope, then draw all that together into the overlying war for Armageddon, and you immediately have a starting point for a plot besides "uber big badass Ultras killing everything in their path."

Just my $0.02.

~iPaint

Imperialis_Dominatus
20-11-2009, 04:51
Recently we found out that there will be an ultramarines movie.

Not terribly recently no.

Now why would GW not go with something way cooler and simpler like

Seen this discussion before. SM flagship, iconic, etc. etc.

Besides how easy would it be to grab Starship Trooper like armour and with a few special effects you've got a blockbuster scifi... I realise that it's been done before

And that's exactly the problem. As mentioned multiple times.

The SMs can come in and save the day but nobody can relate to the Sms. Sure they are cool, but they are incapable of any emotion that makes a good movie other than just random killing. Plus anybody who doesn't play the hobby will look at a bunch of blue animated buz lightyears with guns and say, lame.

Sorry? How can nobody relate to the Space Marines? How are they emotionless? I don't think you have read the same fluff I have. And I have doubts that many will dismiss them out of hand if even a sizable number on Warseer (a hotbed of anti-Marine sentiment) are willing to give this movie a shot.

But wouldn't you go and see another Starship Trooper like movie?

No, I'd rather go see something that hasn't been rehashed into oblivion.

Well, I think that a movie filled with only senseless violence would get very boring after a while. In every good movie there is something deeper than just violence. Love is the most widely used example, or comradeship or some other deep moral. This kind of thing is what makes good movies, not violence.

And you couldn't do this with Marines because...? I mean the love interest is out but saying you can't add in other themes than KILLMAIMBURN to a Marine story is just plain unimaginative on your part.

Armageddon's Second or Third Wars would make for a strong plot which could draw from all Imperial forces, and you'd get to see what a badass Yarrick is.

Yes. Someone get Clint Eastwood.

I'd avoid the sequels though, trying to replace budget, plot, acting and special effects with breasts is never a recipe for success...

I dunno, gets my attention.

I kid, I kid. If I want boobs I don't have to pay $10-20 for a DVD to get them though.

laudarkul
20-11-2009, 06:48
40k are based on UM and other SM. So those armies deserve a movie first of all. And maybe the UM will come and save some IG regiment from the Ork's destruction.

Occulto
20-11-2009, 07:03
Apart from the whole SM are iconic etc etc.

I wager it's because doing SM in CGI is a whole lot easier (and cheaper) than doing IG.

ChrisMurray
20-11-2009, 09:42
I love that it's a space marine movie. They should make the HH novels into films that would be a great plot line and would bring new people into the hobby.

Lord Solar Plexus
20-11-2009, 10:37
I don't understand the question. Why even a film? The background lends itself to nothing but a C movie.

Murphy's law
20-11-2009, 10:47
I have no problems at all with a space marines movie.

And regarding Starship Troopers, it's extremely funny people have no clue about the sarcasm used in that movie.
People totally misunderstood that movie. Especially the Americans.
The movie has been made by paul verhoeven who is Dutch.
He did a great job, but people just didn't get it.

Fixer
20-11-2009, 11:22

They tried this with FireWarrior.

We just ended up with a game where you wanted to kill yourself.

Nicha11
20-11-2009, 11:33
This movie can only be fail, I dread to see its reviews on this site.

On one side a movie based on Space Marines is a very logical choice.
Space Marines are the GW icon, they are bad a$$ and still somewhat human.

On the other hand Space Marines lack any real motivation, conflict or emotions that can deepen the characters.
Although doubtless some will be added in as "artistic license".

Fixer
20-11-2009, 12:19
On the other hand Space Marines lack any real motivation, conflict or emotions that can deepen the characters.
Although doubtless some will be added in as "artistic license".

Not true. For many chapters at least.

Marines may be indoctrinated superhuman killing machines but in many important ways they are still human. Subject to pride, avarice, friendship, brotherhood and hatred etc.

The Salamanders book has a fairly large spectrum of personalities.

True, this is the Ultramarines but I doubt we'll have a story about Captain Bland and Vanilla company fighting flawlessly by the codex from a story written by Dan Abnett.

Lord Solar Plexus
20-11-2009, 12:28
The Uriel Ventris novels were decent enough.

Rusty Initate
20-11-2009, 14:32
The Uriel Ventris novels were decent enough.

i agree if they made it so they don't follow codex astarties too much they might not end up as bland as some people might think

laudarkul
20-11-2009, 14:41
The screenplay is write by Dan Abnett. So I'm curios what side is it: human "Tanith side" or overestimated "Brothers of the snake" side or the intriguing "Legion" side ?
Frankly I expect something between those 3 sides with a little bit more accent sometimes (battles) on the overestimated side:D.

AndrewGPaul
20-11-2009, 14:49
i agree if they made it so they don't follow codex astarties too much they might not end up as bland as some people might think

Eh? What on Earth does the Codex have to do with personality, emotion, characterisation and dialogue? It's not like the movie is going to be 80 minutes of reading the Codex just because the characters are in blue armour rather than dark green.

There's nothing innately more 'human' about the Salamanders, Imperial Fists, or whoever than the Ultramarines.

Fixer
20-11-2009, 15:01
There's nothing innately more 'human' about the Salamanders, Imperial Fists, or whoever than the Ultramarines.

The Ultramarine hat used to be that they were stubborn, restrictive 'by the book' jerkholes who were utterly inflexible in their adherence to the codex.

This has been replaced by Ultramarines being innately better than every other marine chapter at everything and loved by all because of it. In other words, without those little human touches and flaws that make the believable or likeable.

See also 'purity sue'

AndrewGPaul
20-11-2009, 15:21
Adherence to the Big Book of War doesn't mean that the characters themselves need to be boring. There's plenty of scope for interesting characterisation. Likewise for their "innate superiority" - the Codex only deals with military matters, not interpersonal relationships within the Chapter* or with other Imperial personnel or civilians. In fact, the Ultramarines' role in governing Ultramar makes for more opportunities to see how Marines interact with the wider Imperium than if another Chapter were featured.

*The disagreement between conservative and progressive elements in the Chapter, for one thing.

Lord_Crull
20-11-2009, 15:40
The Ultramarine hat used to be that they were stubborn, restrictive 'by the book' jerkholes who were utterly inflexible in their adherence to the codex.

Don't you mean organized, professional soldiers who have a distinc military culture while employing a variety of tactics from a book that logically should contain countles different tactics for each and every situation?

Seriously, nobody fights with the same tactic in each battle every single time. No serious miltiary force can fight effectivly like that. If anything, going by this

For any given tactical situation, the Codex has hundreds of pages devoted to how it may be met and overcome. Each warrior of the Chapter is required to memorise whole sections of the Codex so that within a Company there exists an entire record of the Codex's tenets. The wisdom of thousands of Imperial warriors have contributed to the Codex, and details on everything from unit markings to launching a full scale planetary assault are contained within its pages.

In fact, Insignium Astartes goes out and says that often in many ''codex chapters'' the codex has been copied and other tactical advice added on by less strict chapters ot the point where one copy of the codex may contridict another. for example the Sable Swords's copy of the codex would be different on it's tactical advice and composition than the copy of the White Panthers.

Not to mention the codex does not govern emotions or culture. The Imperial Fists are noted as a storng codex Chapter, but they have a different culture and traditonsa than the Ultramarines or the Raven Guard for example.

IronNerd
20-11-2009, 15:55
First off, I'll agree with the common response. Space Marines are GW's bread and butter, and (if they weren't Smurfs...) they will make a stellar movie.

Now, the point I care about making. A Guard movie would be very difficult to pull off IMO. Making the movie not seem silly (like Starship Troopers... but with lasers) would be of the greatest importance. I fully support something like 15 Hours being made into a movie, I think it's a sweet story. I think it would go outside GW's demographic though, because it would have to be rated at least R. It would be essential to capture the grim darkness of the 40k universe. So yeah, Guardsmen HUR!, but do it right.

iPaint
20-11-2009, 18:27
First off, I'll agree with the common response. Space Marines are GW's bread and butter, and (if they weren't Smurfs...) they will make a stellar movie.

Now, the point I care about making. A Guard movie would be very difficult to pull off IMO. Making the movie not seem silly (like Starship Troopers... but with lasers) would be of the greatest importance. I fully support something like 15 Hours being made into a movie, I think it's a sweet story. I think it would go outside GW's demographic though, because it would have to be rated at least R. It would be essential to capture the grim darkness of the 40k universe. So yeah, Guardsmen HUR!, but do it right.

Anyone who ever read Heinlein's Starship Troopers would have told you that Verhoeven's movie could only be called "Starship Troopers" in the sense that there were some troopers, in space, and they fought bugs. Outside of that, the movie was abysmal, and is, in every sense of the word, a bad movie.

A Guard movie could be done, however, it would need something that ST lacked: solid character development. Maybe also people who can act their way out of a paper bag, but that's a different story.

As far as ratings are concerned, I'd be fine if the movie went straight to DVD unrated if it could not pass the ratings boards. Better to have fully captured the horrors of war and done the source material justice than have gone all Carebear to pass off an R rating. Or, even worse, a PG-13 rating...

"We're gonna whoop their tails real good, huh Sarge?"

Kill me now.

~iPaint

Luisjoey
20-11-2009, 18:35
the guard result as a support for space marines in general therms

is like star wars without jedi, based in just clone/stormtroopers, could be very fun but always you need some jedi or sith in the film (as clone wars)

If you are up to make a WH40k movie, if it would be the single one! it should be Space marines (unfortunate to be ultras :P) The guard could appear as support and to be shown how enemies (orks, Chaos, Demons, necrons, tyranids, etc) destroy them and space marine come to the rescue. maybe is so necesary that to show the superiority of ONE or a bunch of space marines over hundred of guardsman

iPaint
20-11-2009, 19:15
the guard result as a support for space marines in general therms

is like star wars without jedi, based in just clone/stormtroopers, could be very fun but always you need some jedi or sith in the film (as clone wars)

If you are up to make a WH40k movie, if it would be the single one! it should be Space marines (unfortunate to be ultras :P) The guard could appear as support and to be shown how enemies (orks, Chaos, Demons, necrons, tyranids, etc) destroy them and space marine come to the rescue. maybe is so necesary that to show the superiority of ONE or a bunch of space marines over hundred of guardsman

But that's just it. Space Marines are, quite often, very anti-climactic. They are used sparingly when the job absolutely has to get done, and often times only a single squad is deployed. As much as I like seeing the art for Marines, it is just difficult imagining that many Marines all in one place at the same time. But then, it wouldn't be the first time that GW's fluff contradicts itself.

As far as the Star Wars stuff, there is very little in the way of comparing the Jedi/Sith to the Marines in terms of how they function within the Imperial (40k) army. SMs and Guard are two separate entities with different chains of command, and quite often different purposes. Whereas the Jedi were essentially battlefield commanders during the Clone Wars, and the actual line troops during the Jedi Civil War from the Old Republic era. But that's straying from the topic...

However, if they had to make a 40k movie (this is purely theoretical, apparently we will be seeing a movie sometime if this Ultramarines thing goes through), then at some point we'd see Marines simply because it is 40k, and 40k is Space Marines from the get-go.

~iPaint

Luisjoey
20-11-2009, 20:06
i do agree with you, but be realistic

nobody would see a movie based only on wookies or ewoks (fun)

even more 40k with a first movie (that would no be in the cinema :( ) they shall explode the more simbolic!

for me i would love to see 12 movies with each army for each one! Eldars vs Tyranids, Marines vs CSM, Imperial Guard vs Orks (Armaggeddon movie would rock), and so on!

but to be realistic if they made a trilogy for movies it would be space marines with a hope to see some guard in action!

Pushkin
20-11-2009, 20:29
I can see the argument for having guard from a cinematic point of view,the idea that cinema goer can relate to the average joe more than they can a superhuman, but as many have pointed out already, market forces require SMs.

Personally, i'm very dubious about this, i just hope they focus on getting a strong storyline down, and don't just throw everything unit/special character/vehicle/equipment etc. from codex spacemarine onto the screen to demonstrate how awesome everything is.

i think they need to focus on a story, developing some decent characters and getting the "feel" of 40k right.

I think the fact Dan Abnett is writing it is a bit of a mixed blessing. Yes he's written some good books but it means that niether the writer nor the director have any signifcant experience working with film as a medium.

I think the key thing will be trying to deliver more than CGI spacemarines killing assorted enemies. Because whilst that sounds cool, it won't work on screen for 70 mins (?) there needs to be something more to it, (possibly by including non-astartes characters?!?).

However, if they do manage to pull it off, which i believe will be very hard to do, it could be potentially awesome!

IronNerd
20-11-2009, 21:20
"We're gonna whoop their tails real good, huh Sarge?"

Kill me now.

Exactly my point. If they toned down a movie based on the Guard, it would disgust me.