PDA

View Full Version : semingly competitive vampires

Chaseyboy1er
19-11-2009, 23:37
alright, so I'm play testing a kind of even vampires list with magic/combat. ohh, and by the way, I am play testing this against another vampire's list.

Manfred, skull staff, book of arkhan, nightmare-595

vampire, dread knight, walking death, battle standard, drakenhof banner-300
vampire, dark acolyte, lord of the dead, tomb blade, flayed hauberk-195

10 skeletons, command-100
5 dire wolves-40
5 dire wolves-40

7 wraiths, banshee-375
5 blood knights, command, flag of blood keep-400

points-2245
models-55
Power dice-11+bound
Dispel Dice-6+ +1 to dispel

so my idea is to put manfred and the bsb in with the blood knights. and put them behind some wolves. the skeletons will be lined up next to each other, and will constantly be raised. the blood knights will be put on the a flank, and the wraiths on the same. just as like, a sweeping motion i want to take place her. how does it look?

puppetmaster24
19-11-2009, 23:41
it looks a bit beardy.

but i would drop the wraiths for more skellys. with manfred running ahead he will not be able to support the units and stop them getting kurb stomped.

JamesVarney
20-11-2009, 08:01
You run the risk of facing a magic/shooting heavy army thats going to get to go first and wipe half your army out before you get off the starting line and theres not alot of it to go around! i like the list but you will be in trouble against certain armies.

Chaseyboy1er
20-11-2009, 12:01
well, like i said, i was playtesting this against a friends vampire counts. this list was tailored to how he plays.

Nathangonmad
20-11-2009, 17:54
well, like i said, i was playtesting this against a friends vampire counts. this list was tailored to how he plays.

Mate don't listen to most people on here. Comments such as ''lol they'll just blow your army of the board are all bull.'' The list seems fine but I'd be tempted to drop 2 wraiths for a unit of 5 basic black knights to support the skeletons with flanks etc. I'd also drop the champs and musicans on the skeletons and get the +1 rank bonus banner (due to the fact your gonna be able to get most skeletons into this unit) on the unit that the vampire is going to be with. I'd also replace the flag of blood keep on the blood knights and replace it with the hatred banner, use these spare points to get flaming banner on one unit of skeletons and warbanner one on the final skeleton unit.

Make these changes and you've got a nice list!

zeekill
20-11-2009, 18:12
I can see what you are trying to do, because I did it myself. The only problem we have with this list is that everything revolves around the Blood Knights. Other than that one unit (and the wraiths) you have no army. This means that as soon as the blood knights get redirected and charged in the flank by a unit with 4-5 combat resolution, you will be left with nothing to fight the rest of his army.

At the very least I suggest putting your vampires, expecially Manfred (and except the BSB, who you should actually make a Wight King because they are more resilient) stay back with your army to raise each skelleton unit to 20-25 man strong by turn 3. Once this is done you can stand a chance.

I would actually suggest taking out that unit of cairns and getting some grave guard with great weapons and the Standard of Strigos, and a corpse cart. This serves as a good bodyguard (because of the ASF with S6) and will beef up your army to make it playable even if the Knights get trapped.

And you might say "but they're not going to get redirected, they have a screen!" Sorry to break it to you, but its a 5 model, T3, no save screen. One magic missile and your screen is gone.

fall3nang3l
20-11-2009, 20:06
Vamps vs vamps is extremely boring. Good Luck

Chaseyboy1er
21-11-2009, 00:18
And you might say "but they're not going to get redirected, they have a screen!" Sorry to break it to you, but its a 5 model, T3, no save screen. One magic missile and your screen is gone.

but that's why i have 2! so i have twice the screening possibliity. and they get raised by manfred every turn.

darkdoom
22-11-2009, 20:04
I'm not much into vamps, but to me it seems very risky to put half your points in 1 unit. If thet unit get's destroyed (cannons,etc.) or stucked (flank chared) then you are basically screwed. Putting them at the flank seems even mor risky. I once tried that with DE in a1000Point game(2x5 CoK). I got the flank but 3turn I couldn't charg because all his units were running to my xbow men and socress(the hydra and assasin had died).