PDA

View Full Version : [2500] Slightly odd vampire Counts

Dranthar
20-11-2009, 01:19
Vampire Lord w. Lvl 3, Master of the Dark Arts, Infinite Hatred, Beguile, Sword of Kings, Crown of the Damned, Nightshroud, Black Periapt – 450

Vampire w. Infinite Hatred, Walking Death, Sword of Might, Talisman of the Lycni, Flayed Hauberk, BSB – 225

Necromancer w. Book of Arkhan, Invocation of Nehek, Vanhel’s Danse Macabre – 105

Necromancer w. Power Stone, Dispel Scroll, Invocation of Nehek, Vanhel’s Danse Macabre – 115

25 Skeleton Warriors w. Full Command, War Banner – 245

24 Skeleton Warriors w. Spears, Full Command, Banner of Hellfire – 236

24 Crypt Ghouls w. Ghast – 200

20 Zombies - 80

5 Dire Wolves - 40

5 Dire Wolves - 40

5 Dire Wolves - 40

5 Dire Wolves - 40

10 Black Knights w. Standard, Musician, Banner of Hatred – 289

Black Coach - 200

Vargulf – 175

My aim here (apart from using the models I have :rolleyes: ) is to have an army that doesn't heavily depend on magic, and avoids the usual sillyness of the Hasslehoff Banner and spamming invocations.

There's a few tricks there to deal with specific threats (Lycni Talisman, hellfire banner), wolves for redirection tricks and enough anti-magic to deal with all but the heaviest magic armies.

I also really like the black coach,. In the few games I've played with it, it's been an flying, terror causing machine of utter destruction. :D

What do you think?

chippyman64
20-11-2009, 09:42
Why black knights, blood knights sooooooo much better. 10 blood knights with regen and a lord with red fury/dread lance= stupidly good. and then youve still got a few points left to play with.

Dranthar
21-11-2009, 02:08
Why black knights, blood knights sooooooo much better. 10 blood knights with regen and a lord with red fury/dread lance= stupidly good. and then youve still got a few points left to play with.

Blood Knights may hit harder, but they're frenzied (making them a bit easier to lead around) don't have magic weapons (for wraith-hunting), don't move through terrain without penalty and most importantly, costs more than twice as much as my Black Knight unit (4-5 times once you add the characters)

You're also basically suggesting that I just wipe my list clean and replace it with a unit that costs at least 1200pts, leaving me with no choice but to build the rest of my list around supporting this super-unit.

Regardless of the merits of taking such an army, I was sort of hoping for feedback on my own, existing army list instead. :)

Sepulcher
21-11-2009, 15:56
List looks good, just don't buy zombies. Biggest waste of points and you can just summon a unit later on that's worth less victory points and in a better position to disrupt enemy flanks. Maybe get some bats instead or some spirits.