PDA

View Full Version : razorback wiyh extra heavybolters

alfa
20-11-2009, 07:29
I'm doing Razorback for the spacewolves and I have put predator-tank sidesponsons with heavybolters in it, the question is, is it game-legal? The Razorback now has 4 heavybolters (I think it looks good), so quite a lot firepower.

grissom2006
20-11-2009, 07:32
No it isn't game legal as a Razorback has no option to have extra heavy weapons on it. What you now have is a vehicle thats in need of new rules and points costing.

Vashanesh
20-11-2009, 07:33
in a word....no

in a few more words...to be game legal it would need to be in the codex, which its not. If your gaming group are happy with it, go for it, but remember, if those sponsons are on the side, your wolves can only enter and exit via the rear hatch...

alfa
20-11-2009, 07:42
I figured that, the tank is still in progress and I have to decide what to do with it, make it just for fun and keep it in shelf or make it for gaming? How about keeping the sidesponsons (only 2 hbolters)? Okay, no side entry but I want to try something different.

Mort
20-11-2009, 08:24
If your gaming group has no objections i think it should be no problem to design new rules for your tank.

Considering tournaments, i think you are on very thin ice if you know what i mean, even if you keep the sponsons and remove the turret, there can be people that have issues with such conversions...

Lothlanathorian
20-11-2009, 08:42
Make the twin lascannons for it, too and, if you can't play it as your DIY vehicle, then put the twin las on it and tell them it is now a Predator variant with Twin Las and HB sponsons. It's not like they'd get confused in a game, it'll stand out pretty well and is still WYSIWYG (Rhino chassy with Pred guns on it).

Eulenspiegel
20-11-2009, 08:46
Or just say it counts as a regular Predator.

Lothlanathorian
20-11-2009, 08:50
Would the pred turret sit on it? I don't have a Pred or Razorback myself and I would actually like to know since I plan on getting some SM tanks for Christmas.

Mort
20-11-2009, 08:58
Yes the Pred Turret fits, as do Whirlwind Turrets.

Doppleskanger
20-11-2009, 11:21
Ok, if you leave the top hatch blank I think it could count as a Razorback with Twl Heavy bolter...
Normally that's turret mounted right so it has a 360 degrees of fire. By using two sponsons you're getting the same amount of coverage but could only fire one gun per turn. If you got weapon destroyed both would be disabled. Troops could then come out of either the rear hatch or the top hatch. With this there would be zero effect on how the vehicle operates in game other than that the point where you draw LOS from is an inch or two lower, and when you disembark from the top hatch you might end up half an inch closer to the vehicle than would have been the case if you came out of the side hatch. Both points are only a disadvantage to you so shouldn't be an issue. You might want to modify the Hvy Bolters in order that they appear twin linked in some way though?

alfa
20-11-2009, 15:16
The reason this question comes when I was doing razorback and I notice I have 2 hvbolter sidesponsons leftover from predator (thats another story), and then I try them on and I think it looks good, I've got also 2 sponsons with lasers..., hmmm these are just for fun conversions, but if you call it predator with small turret (no space for cargo thou)?