PDA

View Full Version : Goblin in tournaments

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
21-11-2009, 06:58
Hi,

I was wondering what you guys think when you see a goblin army in front of you, do you keep al the whining in mind of how weak the goblins are or are you guys carefull?

I'm a goblin player myself( and sometimes I take a mixed army), and I seem to notice that a lot of people seem to think that goblins are an easy army to get a massacre. Last weekend I face in a 1900pts tourny a army with a shadestar with 3 assasins and 3 mages and he lost to my goblins and after the battle he said he would get an easy massacre. Of course that guy was laughed at by his members from his club. ( last game was on table 2 and i got 5th place which won me a doomwheel:D)

So what do you think when you see goblins as your opponent in a tourny.

Cheers

Bingo the Fun Monkey
21-11-2009, 07:55
I don't pass judgment, I simply plan to annihilate anything that crosses my path.

Papawolf
21-11-2009, 11:16
goblins are alright but they have low leadership and a lot of competative lists involve fear and terror.
the biggest problem is animosity though. it means, even if you are a great player with great tactics, you cant play a tactical game because there is a 1 in 3 chance that a unit os not gna do what u want them to do

Commodus Leitdorf
21-11-2009, 11:34
I respect any army in the hands of anyone who has played them long enough to know their ins and outs. In a tournament you should never take your opponent lightly no matter what he plays.

DarkTerror
21-11-2009, 17:04
I respect any army in the hands of anyone who has played them long enough to know their ins and outs. In a tournament you should never take your opponent lightly no matter what he plays.

Well said.

However, I think goblins have far worse matchups than a DE shadestar

Jind_Singh
21-11-2009, 17:21
Basic rule of survial in the WFB world - dont underestimate your foe!
Any army in the hands of a decent general will either destroy you or at the very least grind your string of victories to a halt!
Approach all of them with caution and respect!

Jind_Singh
21-11-2009, 17:23
And besides, as a fellow Greenskin player, we never lose anyway!!!
If we lose an actual game - hey it's Orcs & Goblins, what was you expecting? Besides our boyz will be back looking for a nuver scrap!
And if we win? What the fudge? YOU just lost to O & G, shame on you!!!

Its a win-win situation! Therefore all O & G players are WAAC players as we never lose! :D:D:D

Bingo the Fun Monkey
21-11-2009, 18:30
actually that makes you WANCers :D (win at no cost).

kris.sherriff
21-11-2009, 18:38
actually that makes you WANCers :D (win at no cost).

For some reason I really like this:)

Hey everyone I play an all Goblin army and I'm a WANCer.

Kris

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
21-11-2009, 18:47
Basic rule of survial in the WFB world - dont underestimate your foe!

To bad a lot of people forget this one, I never underestimate my foe. But some people in my club seem to underestimate my goblins till I whipe out their armies.

Cheers
G