PDA

View Full Version : The Dragon Cult of Samogitia (WoC, 2500 pts)

Ymir
21-11-2009, 07:18
I figure, with the stuff I've ordered, I now have enough models to reach that nice 2500 points mark. So why not post a list? I am in the process of equipping and converting my ogres and my exalted hero (the awesome Gamesday 2009 model), so it's time to consider how to model them. How 'bout the stuff I've given them in this list, for example? And what about the list as a whole? My goal is for it to be fluffy and at least somewhat friendly, but effective none the less.

The Blue Dragon of Samogitia (Galrauch), 616 pts

Mindaugas the Malevolent, Lvl 2 Sorcerer on disc, Mark of Tzeentch
+ Golden Eye of Tzeentch
+ Dispel scroll
+ Conjoined Homonculus
= 230 pts

Haulė the Faceless, Lvl 2 Sorcerer w. Mark of Tzeentch
+ Book of Secrets (always takes Lore of Shadows)
+ Collar of Khorne (good when he joins the warriors)
= 190 pts

Gediminas of Galizia, Exalted BSB on disc w. Mark of Tzeentch
+ Sword of Might
+ Enchanted Shield
+ Talisman of Protection
= 215 pts

12 Chaos Warriors w. shields, Mark of Tzeentch, Standard Bearer, Banner of Rage, 259 pts

5 Chosen Warriors w. great weapons, shields, Mark of Tzeentch, Champion, Favor of the Gods, 150 pts

5 Chaos Warhounds, 30 pts

5 Chaos Warhounds, 30 pts

5 Marauder Horsemen w. shields, spears, throwing spears, musician, 86 pts

5 Marauder Horsemen w. shields, spears, throwing spears, 80 pts

5 Marauder Horsemen w. light armour, flails, standard, 92 pts

5 Marauder Horsemen w. shields, throwing axes, musician, 86 pts

3 Chaos Ogres w. chaos armour, great weapons, standard, Mark of Tzeentch, 190 pts

3 Chaos Ogre (Pit Fighters) w. additional hand weapons, standard, mutant, Mark of Khorne, 190 pts

That Which Once Was Narimantas, Chaos Spawn, 55 pts

= 2499 pts

I've thus far had some success with the skeleton of this list in my gaming group (no ogres, no bsb, one unit of horsemen less), especially compared to the abysmal track record of my Tomb Kings. The dragon is good, but spends at least one turn per game eating itself, while exalted heroes on discs does seem very effective. I don't really see why people on this forum consider Infernal Gateway so bad, considering how powerful Flickering Fire seem compared to the basic spells of other lores. Maybe I've just been lucky with my strength rolls for Flickering Fire...

Papawolf
21-11-2009, 11:25
i just cant see those small units are really gna do any damage to blocks with CR5

whats the battle plan?

Ymir
21-11-2009, 15:20
Basically, the many small units tries to engage and destroy the enemy support units so that my greater mobility will allow me to isolate, outmaneuver and destroy knights and infantry blocks. The 12 chaos warriors, the horsemen with flails and the dragon are certainly capable of winning against infantry blocks, if the circumstances are right; the warriors might even try to engage squishy targets head-on, given the amount of damage they're able to put out on the charge. The Chosen and the two-weapon ogres are for countercharging (but suicide attacks just to decimate enemy infantry certainly isn't out of the question), while the great weapon ogres will help dealing with touch, armored targets, hopefully. The dragon, the sorcerers and the exalted hero will generally prioritize tough but small units like knights, using their magic to blast them to bits and their flight to get a good charge in. And spells like Treason and Gateway are very good versus infantry blocks, if I can get them off.