PDA

View Full Version : help with warbands

blissneso
21-11-2009, 08:17
hey everyone

long time lurker, first time poster here and i need some advice. ive got a 500 point warband tournament coming up and am taking wood elves. its standard warband rules except you have access to an additional special choice.

for those of you who are not familiar with warbands

-10 units maximum
-general can be a unit champion
-minimum squad sizes from 1-3 models
-2 special max (in this tournament)
-1 rare that can be traded for a third special choice

anyway im really struggling to make my list (never played warbands before) and i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice/ideas on a list and on warbands in general. open to any flavor list whether balanced or competitive. thanks

jmcg1989
22-11-2009, 01:00
personally i would take an alter noble with a great weapon and the helm of the hunt

a unit of dryads with a branch nymph (who will be the general, as the alter noble cant be)
some units of glade riders (as small as will be allowed)
and a small unit of war dancers

OR

i've always wanted to try an all mounted wood elf army and warbads is the perfect place to start
try a mounted noble with a spear, helm of the hunt
and as many units of glade riders as you can squeeze in

101st Vostroyan
22-11-2009, 01:21
I have found that in warbands that mobile lists fare the best. Magic is bordering on useless because of the 150 pts of heroes max. A liist that is mobile though, has a better chance at surviving because it can run around the board unhindered because of how few units there are and can react to any situation well. Also, if possible, always have units of at least five. Having a unit of 3 is easy to kill and wont do anything.

Think of warbands as just making an ordinary army list, with small, but effective unit sizes, and limited or no command groups because they eat up so many points.:chrome:

w3rm
22-11-2009, 02:30
shooting in warband and mobility wins in warbands. the guy who won the warbands a gamesday baltimore played WE