PDA

View Full Version : rather exotic wolves counts as

SirSnipes
21-11-2009, 18:33
woudl you allow a marine, all decked outwith heavily converted armour(ie true scale) with extra details and a large gun on a 60mm base with a scenic rock on it, ie would you allow a custom truescale marine on a 60mm base thats scenic and raised tobe used as a dreadnaught, the model is 60mms tall and fills most of the base with the rocks yet the large marine is too emposing for a temi, so i was thinking of counting him as a dread, would anyone have issues if he was on the right base and you wer told ahead of time.

Grimtuff
21-11-2009, 18:54
Firstly I would need to see the model.

Secondly, is this the levels of ridiculousness "Truescaling" has got to? SM ARE NOT THAT BIG!

SirSnipes
21-11-2009, 19:23
its more about the fact that i HATE the dread model and walkers really dont fit the theme, and i havent made the model yet, im still considering it, and truescaling him would just be to make him stand out as big

Madgear Thundaklutch
21-11-2009, 19:40
Can my gaunt on a rock count as a carnifex? I green stuffed some arms on him....

Seriously though, why? Whats your theme? Why use rules for something you dont like? Do you need a dreadnought like unit in your army? Whats its role?

Murphy's law
21-11-2009, 19:46
I really don't see why you would want to do that.

Would i allow it? Yes.
Would i enjoy it? propably not.

Goat of Yuggoth
21-11-2009, 20:02
IF you made it a bionic Dread.Size.Marine I would allow it, but a marine 3-up is out of the question.. It really depends on thee visualization, rather than what it is. If you can make it look as a dread, it will be a dread.

And same goes for that Hormagaunt. If it is the same size, proportioned right and shows great skill in modelling I would love fighting it. In fact I could allow him to have Fleet, just for the gamesakes.

A lot of people are not sporting, but I am. DO IT.

Madgear Thundaklutch
21-11-2009, 20:04
And same goes for that Hormagaunt. If it is the same size, proportioned right and shows great skill in modelling I would love fighting it. In fact I could allow him to have Fleet, just for the gamesakes.

Mine was sarcasm...

He Who Thirsts
21-11-2009, 20:12
I have to agree with the goat.

You don't like the dread model? And you have enough green stuff (and enough skill) to make a 3 up marine to count as a dread? Convert a dread so that you like the model. Problem solved.

SirSnipes
21-11-2009, 20:32
my army is a cavalry based wolves army with ZERO armour, so how would you say to a large wearwolf, in large marine shoulder pads, pergaps with 2 wolves also on the base.

if it were the marine, it would be a modified marine to be about half a inch taller, running wath a huge chain axe in one hand and 2 chains leading two 2 pouncing wolves, all mounted atop a large rock with a rock sheet covering the back of the base, a long billowing cloak on his back, his bare arms very hairy and his hands are more clawlike and taloned, like a really big wolfen.

HsojVvad
21-11-2009, 20:46
I would have no problems with it at all. Just make shure you tell me what is what, and what it carriers and we go and have fun. No problems at all.

Whitwort Stormbringer
21-11-2009, 20:56
Just before the new wolves came out, I saw a conversion of a terminator riding a khorne juggernaught (converted and painted in wolfy colors). I think that would be far more fitting, especially given your chosen theme, than one uber-marine all on his lonesome.

SirSnipes
21-11-2009, 21:01
Just before the new wolves came out, I saw a conversion of a terminator riding a khorne juggernaught (converted and painted in wolfy colors). I think that would be far more fitting, especially given your chosen theme, than one uber-marine all on his lonesome.

ive already got 15 thunderwolves in the army, i wanted to throw in just something different

so far it has 15 thunderwolves, canis, 12 fenris wolves, 10 wolf guard battle bros, 10 scouts, and this dread fellow, 15 long fangs, and 40 grey hunters/ blood claws

Inso
21-11-2009, 21:19
As long as it is based on a GW model, is WYSIWYG and you have clearly told your opponent what it is...then I'd say go for it (at tournaments...if not tournaments then I wouldn't even feel tied to GW miniatures).

I think that there is a real lack of imagination in some gamers who insist on sticking to the look of GW with no tolerance for differences.

I dread to think what people would make of my Rhino Terminators (yes...Terminator wearing, Rhino-headed Xenos that are counts-as Space Wolves).

I reckon a Giant Werewolf, busting out of his power armour with a pair of counts-as dreadnought close combat weapons would make a fine proxy dreadnought. You'd need to tie in the fluff if he was wielding a ranged weapon (what with the Wolfen curse).

havokas
21-11-2009, 21:23
you hate the dread model? have you looked at forgeworld ones?

Doppleskanger
21-11-2009, 21:30
yeah kind of, it's ok, but...
a slightly bigger marine on a rock isn't going to do it for me visually as a dread count as.
How good are your modelling skills?
Stick a marine inside some exo armour (like the yellow lifter from Aliens or somesuch) then you've got a dread count as!
What I mean is do whatever you want, and if the dread models don't float your boat fine, but put a bit more thought into it and you could get a really nice model that's more appropriate and no one could complain about.

Dark_Templar
21-11-2009, 21:57
Stick a marine inside some exo armour (like the yellow lifter from Aliens or somesuch) then you've got a dread count as!

Forgeworld do an IG Sentinel based on the Aliens exo, which looks kinda cool and could be a good starting point.

Spider-pope
21-11-2009, 22:17
If you can make it look good, and keep it from being confusing then i wouldnt mind. It's only if it was a bog standard marine stuck on a large base that i'd take issue.

I dread to think what people would make of my Rhino Terminators (yes...Terminator wearing, Rhino-headed Xenos that are counts-as Space Wolves).

Well personally i would wonder what crime my army had committed that the Shadow Proclamation had to send in the Judoon. But thats just me :p

SirSnipes
21-11-2009, 22:57
skill wise i like my modelling, my krugrath scratch build recieves praise often and ive custom build 3 armys. still im thinking of modelling a new suit of armour onto him, bigger but not a exo suit