PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen magic item help needed.

The Atavist
21-11-2009, 18:28
So i've got a lizardmen army that I'm having tons of fun with, but I'm having a hard time with my hero builds. the unnamed heros themselves are fine, but their magic items seem lackluster. I like the scroll caddy and diadem/PoTepok/ steg, and the cheep scar vet with mirror sheild is nice, but thing start falling appart when I try to make a nice hammer unit. suggestions?

Trigger36
21-11-2009, 18:57
Skink Chief on Ancient Stegadon with the Stegadon Warspear is about the best hammer unit with magic items that you could ask for.

Then there's the Scar-Veteran with Jaguar Charm and great weapon, Oldblood on Carnosaur with the 9 attack build, Scar-Veteran on Cold One with the Blade of Chotec and enchanted shield, Skink Priest on Engine of the Gods with Plaque of Tepok and Glyph Necklace, Skink Chief with Cloak of Feathers...

The Atavist
21-11-2009, 22:28
Skink Chief on Ancient Stegadon with the Skink Chief with Cloak of Feathers...

I don't really get the skink chief with the cloak of feathers. What is he good for/at?

BugsOwn
22-11-2009, 08:49
If you take the lore of beasts on your slann (assuming you have one) then the cloak priest can be fun to fly around directing the magical bolt spell.

If you have some skinks on a flank you might even be able to keep it safe from return fire by flying into a unit.

Also you can fly from 1 unit to another to keep safe.

Onidan
22-11-2009, 10:17
If you take the lore of beasts on your slann (assuming you have one) then the cloak priest can be fun to fly around directing the magical bolt spell.

If you have some skinks on a flank you might even be able to keep it safe from return fire by flying into a unit.

Also you can fly from 1 unit to another to keep safe.

Thatīs the PRIEST with Cloak of Feathers, not the CHIEF ^^

The Chief is better of riding a Terradon anyway as opposed to having a Cloak. Terradon + Staff of the Lost Sun + Enchanted Shield (or normal shield if you prefer your enchanted Shield anywhere else) + Light Armor + additional Handweapon is the build I pretty much prefer using besides the Stegadon + Warspear build.

WarhammerNoob4ever
22-11-2009, 13:55
if you want a hammer unit, old blood + carny + blade of realities + LA + enchanted shield.... has never failed me and has eaten entire armies by himself.....

plus Chief w War-Spear and Ancient is just made of pure win...... 2d6+1 STR 6 impact hits followed by 6 S6 magical hits.... yumm yumm yumm

Lord of Nonsensical Crap
22-11-2009, 18:47
if you want a hammer unit, old blood + carny + blade of realities + LA + enchanted shield.... has never failed me and has eaten entire armies by himself.....

plus Chief w War-Spear and Ancient is just made of pure win...... 2d6+1 STR 6 impact hits followed by 6 S6 magical hits.... yumm yumm yumm

6 attacks, not hits. Also, ony 3 of those attacks (the Chief's) are magical.

The Slann has more than a few good magic item options. The Bane Head is a must if you're facing large monsters or Vampires (especially when combined with the Lore of Metal or Fire). Cupped Hands of the Old Ones or Plaque of Dominion are great if you're up against multiple spellcasters.

All other good item combos have been mentioned, though I'd like the Cube of Darkness. It essentially gives you a 1/2 chance of shutting down the enemy's magic phase.

Tenken
22-11-2009, 23:03
6 attacks, not hits. Also, ony 3 of those attacks (the Chief's) are magical.

Actually the impact hits on a stegadon become magical with the stegadon warspear. It's in the faq.

Terraneaux
24-11-2009, 20:59
To add to this thread, I'm going to be playing in a campaign at my LGS in which I may only run one magic item not on the common magic items list in my entire army- which item would you guys say is the most important in that situation.

Dumbledore
24-11-2009, 21:57
If it's 2k nothing is vitally needed.

I could run my whole list the same, practically. Presuming this comp doesn't prevent it that would mean slann (I prefer solo - no TG), EotG, Jag charm scar vet, scar vet on cold one with enchanted shield and sword of might (normally chotec but this is almost as good really). The slann would be BSB with warbanner and ethereal, +dice, -6's, +spells as well as some scrolls (he has worked SO nicely in the games I've played him - so flexible and trixxy, absorbing cannon shots and breaking small units with his static res). He'd normally have bane head but that is far from vital. The engine would be naked (normally with drums and plaque of tepok, but those can go).

Make sure you have a least two units of three terradons and lots of skinks! Jag charm is super useful, either hunting things or taking out 2DD/scroll, so as I said that's the one thing I'd keep.

Terraneaux
24-11-2009, 22:03
If it's 2k nothing is vitally needed.

I could run my whole list the same, practically. Presuming this comp doesn't prevent it that would mean slann (I prefer solo - no TG), EotG, Jag charm scar vet, scar vet on cold one with enchanted shield and sword of might (normally chotec but this is almost as good really). The slann would be BSB with warbanner and ethereal, +dice, -6's, +spells as well as some scrolls (he has worked SO nicely in the games I've played him - so flexible and trixxy, absorbing cannon shots and breaking small units with his static res). He'd normally have bane head but that is far from vital. The engine would be naked (normally with drums and plaque of tepok, but those can go).

Make sure you have a least two units of three terradons and lots of skinks! Jag charm is super useful, either hunting things or taking out 2DD/scroll, so as I said that's the one thing I'd keep.

Thanks for the advice. The games will be 1500 points (at least at first) and I was thinking either the Burning Blade of Chotec or the Diadem of Power, but you think the Jaguar Charm is really that good? I'll keep that in mind.