PDA

View Full Version : 2250 pt Night Goblin army With Snotling support

lorcan
21-11-2009, 22:09
This is the Night goblin army I'll be using from now on. I know it lacks fire power but I think it looks like afun list to play with plenty of mayhem. I look forward to your feed back.

CHARACTERS

Skarsnik
- General
= 205pts

Night Goblin Shaman
- Level 2
- Staff of sorcery
- Nibbla's itty ring
= 135pts

Night Goblin Shaman
- Level 2
- Staff of sneaky stealin
= 135pts

Night Goblin Shaman
- Level 2
- Dispel Scroll
- Brimstone bauble
= 135pts

CORE

34 Night Goblins
- Full command
- Hand weapon/shield
- Nets
- 2 fanatics
= 207pts

29 Night Goblins
- Full command
- Hand weapon/shield
- Nets
- 2 fanatics
= 192pts

29 Night Goblins
- Full command
- Hand weapon/shield
- Nets
- 2 fanatics
= 192pts

21 Night Goblins
- Musician
- Bows
- 1 Fanatic
= 92pts

22 Night Goblins
- Musician
- Bows
- 1 Fanatic
= 95pts

21 Night Goblins
- Musician
- Bows
- 1 Fanatic
= 92pts

5 Snotling bases
=100pts

SPECIAL

Squig Herd
- 15 Squigs
- 10 herders
***5X5 formation***
= 150pts

Squig Herd
- 15 Squigs
- 10 herders
***5X5 formation***
= 150pts

7 Squig hoppers
= 105pts

7 Squig hoppers
= 105pts

RARE

Snotling pump wagon
= 40pts

Snotling pump wagon
= 40pts

Snotling pump wagon
= 40pts

Snotling pump wagon
= 40pts

TOTAL POINTS =2,250 pts

Regards

Lorcan

Jind_Singh
21-11-2009, 22:39
wow! An actual Night Goblin army that really is a Night Goblin army - and not a mixed goblin army using night goblin as crewman for warmachines!
I'd actually be inclined to drop a rare choice in favour of a unit of 3-4 trolls as you lack hard hitters.
In my gobbo horde my main unit is the unit of 5 trolls as they can even humble a steam tank (auto hit str 5 with no armour save is priceless!!).
I would also drop 1 unit of spears and make them into 2 archer units - you got 4 combat units, might as well throw out the meat sheilds of archers into the fray! Also the enemy has 2 kill both units of archers to get the same VP as 1 spears unit.
And finally some of the spear models from skull pass come with their spears raised. I found it really easy to effectivly convert them into handweapons so you might want to look at that - then they have a 5+ save in combat and are 1pt cheaper - so for 30 that s1 more fanatic!

Jind_Singh
21-11-2009, 22:41
EDIT POST! Drop 1 unit of spears for 1 unit of archers at half the cost and boost both level 1 shamans to level 2s!!!
You then have a very strong magic phase, you'll do great with the little waagh spells

lorcan
21-11-2009, 22:58
@ Jind_Singh. I don't have any spear units, all my combat units have hand weapons, but I have taken your advice and dropped one combat unit and subbed them with archers and upgraded the shamans to level 2. Thanks for your input.

Regards
Lorcan

Seabo
22-11-2009, 00:30
Ooh very nice lol. No idea how many games you would win but still awesomely fluffy :D

Jind_Singh
22-11-2009, 05:26
Opps! Im sorry I just glossed over the actual weapons listing as I assumed with that many Night Goblins it had to be like 3-4 Skull pass sets, my bad!
Try it out, I think you'll find that the magic heavy list works really well for the little Waaggh - the basic spell is awesome as it ignores armour saves, the 2nd one does a ton of hits, you got foot of Gork, and my personal favourite spell in warhammer....

the hand of Gork!!!

What a cunning spell, its our version of the Van somethings Danse spell from the VC book!