PDA

View Full Version : "Challenge" sketch...good enough to finish?

FearFrost
26-01-2006, 04:10
Debating on finishing this sketch, idea has been kicking around in my noggin for while...

Really rough, but tell me what you think.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f281/BBivona/Sketchbook/challenge.jpg

DraXaus
26-01-2006, 06:35
I like it. Even in its rough draft form.

So, he's going to go up against a Falcon all by himself?

Scanno
26-01-2006, 09:45
Well, he has got a power fist...
Looks good, if he's a space wolf that looks like just the sort of thing they'd do in the heat of battle.

StugMeister
26-01-2006, 10:55
Its well worth continueing. Obviously there's some work needed on the proportions and perspective but I like the angle its from.

Very Gung-ho too!

juddski
26-01-2006, 11:50
yes go for it Stug'

Bmaxwell
26-01-2006, 12:58
I like it but it allmost looks like the Space marine is missing his left hand and looks like we have a classcl mexican standoff

go for it

FearFrost
26-01-2006, 15:17
I like it but it allmost looks like the Space marine is missing his left hand and looks like we have a classcl mexican standoff

go for it

He most certainly is missing his left hand :)

Thanks guys, I think I might actually give it whirl *gasp*

I almost never finish works like this, hence me asking your opinions. Thanks for posting :)

-B

Hideous Loon
26-01-2006, 17:54
Are you aiming for a particular Chapter? If so, as was suggested by some posters, you could emphasize him being a Space Wolf, by heraldry par example, simply because they are renowned for their recklessness in combat. This, or the overly-zealous Black Templars, and then you'll train both your ability to make black armour with graphite, and your robe-drawing skills.

I prefer it being a Puppy, though.

tzeentchgiant
26-01-2006, 20:01
I love it, finish it, and please give him a left hand, otherwise him versus the flacon won't be fair :p.

TG

FearFrost
26-01-2006, 20:31
Might be a chaos marine...:eek:

I think I want the falcon a LOT closer, taking up most of the background area...

Ill work on it this weekend, maybe. No rest for the wicked.

Thanks for the comments, guys.

-B

FearFrost
26-01-2006, 20:33
you'll train both your ability to make black armour with graphite, and your robe-drawing skills.

This is all digital, bro...no graphite :) I will probably use paint tools to finish it, give it a classical painting look...still debating on that.

-B

Edit: Here is some more work I did in half an hour between classes...bored.

Falcon closer:
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f281/BBivona/Sketchbook/challengeB.jpg

Same, with some blocked values just for kicks:
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f281/BBivona/Sketchbook/challengeA.jpg

Escaflowne_Z
27-01-2006, 08:49
Absolutey do this. It is a great concept.

Now, I'd just like to know what's going thru the mind of the space marine and whether the guardian has wet himself yet. :p :D

FearFrost
27-01-2006, 16:09
I think when I finally render it, the guardian, along with the ones lying around the marine's feet, are going to be VERY dead.

Thanks!

-B