PDA

View Full Version : More GW madness[Closed - Pointless]

Vermin-thing
22-11-2009, 03:40
THIS IS NOT A PRICE THREAD!!!! :D

With the release of the the new Skaven screaming bell, and the new article on the site, it seems that they, gee-dub, want us hobbyists, to buy another Screaming bell just to field a grey seer/plague priest on foot. Now this seems slightly arrogant on their part, and I'm (as well as others) tired with this attitude towards us customers.

So my qustion is what would you do, or what things would you change if, we the constomer base, had a smidgen of influence in how the company operates. Again this not a GW bashing thread, and is intended to have a constructive discussion about how GW operates.

Putty
22-11-2009, 04:10
be a smart consumer.

playtest with proxies before buying.

:D

Schmapdi
22-11-2009, 08:01
Actually - I think they just want you to buy a seperate Grey Seer or whatever to field along with your Bell, so he can hoof it when the belll is destroyed. I don't think they were implying you should buy a second bell for it (though I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you did.)

Vermin-thing
22-11-2009, 08:45
Actually - I think they just want you to buy a seperate Grey Seer or whatever to field along with your Bell, so he can hoof it when the belll is destroyed. I don't think they were implying you should buy a second bell for it (though I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you did.)

:D

Wile I'm leaning towards what you think, I still know that GW is a very pushy company, and that they tend to push the wrong stuff, towards the wrong people. Wile I understand that they are required to push sales to make the targets, I think that they could be doing it in a much more effective manner.

The staffers at my not-so-local Gee-dub are not pushy at all as they know what I want (including what I collect), so therefor don't have to push AoBR in my face. I can't say the same for any Little Timmy that walks into the store. :(

Getting to know the customers is one of the fundamental things that can make or break a company. For every 10 people I see play the starter games, I see around half, or more on a good day, get interested in the hobby, but only two of those people will move on to collect an army. ??????? :confused:

This is due to the high-high hill that Gw have made with pricey (but still good) paint, and "GW tools". Starting an army is like dropping $300 or so on something that requires work, and for some people that just doesn't fly, or float.

I think that the main problem with GW's difficulty is that the fence is just high enough to let a few people though, but most will just slide back down, or just not even bother.

One thing that makes me wonder is what happened to GW's marketing? The best thing they could do is put up some posters explaining that the hobby is far better than video games. The kid would meet friends!!, learn very useful skills, not turn into a slob in front a tv, or computer, and most importantly have something to spend money on which will last him his whole life.

The hobby doesn't have to be uber expensive in order to keep customers in (I've put down this much so far so...), it must be fun, and a worthy experience.

Tarax
22-11-2009, 09:58
With the release of the the new Skaven screaming bell, and the new article on the site, it seems that they, gee-dub, want us hobbyists, to buy another Screaming bell just to field a grey seer/plague priest on foot. Now this seems slightly arrogant on their part, and I'm (as well as others) tired with this attitude towards us customers.

You can always use another models for the Grey Seer/Plague Pirest on foot. Make your own.

Or buy two, make one a Screaming Bell and the other a Plague Furnace, and use the opposing model as the one on foot.

EdFireborn
22-11-2009, 10:03
If I ever do skaven, i would get two at any rate

One screaming bell and one plague furnace

Using the grey seer (which is an absolutly amazing model) from the kit i make the plague furnace with on foot

Wintertooth
22-11-2009, 10:13

Are you talking about Friday's blog (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=6200013a)? The one that links directly to the metal Grey Seer on foot, twice?

I'm sure they'd love everyone to buy two Screaming Bells, but that doesn't appear to be what they said or suggested.

Wednesday Friday Addams
22-11-2009, 10:17
I want to buy two for this reason. So many bits..

Vermin-thing
22-11-2009, 10:22
:/

I was just using that blog post as an example of how GW tends to do things.

I for one am getting four of them, 1 bell, one furnace, and 2 PCC.

Brimstone
22-11-2009, 10:22
I really don't know how to respond to this thread without overdoing the limit on rolling eye smilies.
This is one of the weakest arguements to have a pop at GW I've seen in a long time.

A) You've provided no evidence of your arguement.
B) The only link provided contradicts your comments.
C) Your second paragraphs immediately invites off topic discussion about your previous one.

Thread Closed

The Warseer Inquisition