SirSnipes
22-11-2009, 04:51
as my lotr counts as army, anyway my questions are

- are stormvermin any good, wanna use em as uraks
- are jezails any good, they sound cool
- hellpit abominations, whats the base size andare they fitting for lotr trolls

Agoz
22-11-2009, 05:15
wouldn't an orc and goblin army fit better? Its got cheap bickering troops, primitive war-machines, trolls, wolf riders, wyverns(winged beast), etc...

Red Metal
22-11-2009, 06:34

Are you trying to proxy Skaven into a LOTR army? Doesn't seem like it would work well - Uruk-hai seem way too aggresive and mean, while Skaven are less so.

Maybe you could use Stormvermin as Uruk-hai, but you'd have to rethink the fluff or background story...

Ward.
22-11-2009, 13:16

1:No, they're pretty bad but are still usable.
2:Yes, jezzials are pretty good.
3:It doesn't have a base, most people use a chariot base because the "blind wyrm" the abomination is based on should be far longer then it is wide.

Are you trying to proxy Skaven into a LOTR army? Doesn't seem like it would work well - Uruk-hai seem way too aggresive and mean, while Skaven are less so.

The only real difference is the urak-hais ablity to get away with being a jerk, temperment matches perfectly.

SirSnipes
22-11-2009, 16:45
alll right and no i would be using lotr models for a fantasy army and cant use o+g as bases are too big

mrtn
22-11-2009, 16:49
In that case stormvermin are not bad, but some people think it's better to buy a more clanrats instead.
Jezzails used to be better than they are, but they're not worthless.
The Abomination doesn't have a base size. 100*50 or 50*50 should work.

Agoz
22-11-2009, 17:09
what models are you going to be using?
Is this an uruk-hai army?

SirSnipes
22-11-2009, 18:26
i was planning for fighting uraks as stormvermin, mordor orks as slaves, morannon orks as clan rats, mordor trolls as obominations, urak crossbowmen as jezails, anything else that could work, what are skaven HQs like, any way to get a nice combat tank?

Agoz
22-11-2009, 19:29
Well, you can take a Skaven Warlord on a ratogre bonebreaker, but theres a limit to how "close combat tank" skaven get.

SirSnipes
22-11-2009, 19:37
whats good with skaven that isnt pestilence related as lotr really does not represent pestilence well

Agoz
22-11-2009, 19:43
I'd stick with warlord clan stuff, because ninjas, plague monks, and magical guns don't seem to fit with LOTR. Though you could probably find a way to use the moulder stuff. Ratogres, mainly. I don't really think a hellpit abomination is anything like a troll, being that the abomination has a chance to turn into rat swarms when it dies, moves randomly, attacks randomly, and tunnels.

EDIT: A dogs of war giant seems more like a cave troll to me.

SirSnipes
22-11-2009, 20:44
I'd stick with warlord clan stuff, because ninjas, plague monks, and magical guns don't seem to fit with LOTR. Though you could probably find a way to use the moulder stuff. Ratogres, mainly. I don't really think a hellpit abomination is anything like a troll, being that the abomination has a chance to turn into rat swarms when it dies, moves randomly, attacks randomly, and tunnels.

EDIT: A dogs of war giant seems more like a cave troll to me.

more looking at rules than models, rat ogres dont do justice for a mordor troll,

anyway heres what i was thinking

crossbowmen- jezails
siege ballista= warplightning cannon
clanrats = scouting urak hai
rat ogres= wild wargs, 2 per base
night runners=????? goblins?
lurtz- warlord
vermin lord= troll chieftain
bezerkers= assasins
saruman = grey seer
urak engineers- engineers
gutter runners=?????

Agoz
22-11-2009, 23:39
Actually, I think A plague priest might make a better berserker than an assassin. Given that the plague priest has frenzy, and a higher toughness.

SirSnipes
23-11-2009, 02:35
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231934

a quick army list right there

i didnt end up with assasins
or the rat ogre wargs

still should look impresive on the tabletop