PDA

View Full Version : no transport space wolves?

witchking
22-11-2009, 06:14
So i decided to get into 40k since nobody around me plays fantasy and i was just wondering how the general base of my list looks. Beware i am new so you will probably be thinking about how bad of a army i have made. Anyways thanks for looking.

troops
10 grey hunters-2 plasma guns
10 grey hunters 2 plasma guns, power weapon
elite
dreadnought
lascannon? Don't know if it is a good option but it looks cool.
5 wolf guard in terminator armor. powerfist,frost axe,maybe some wolf claws
fast attack
-none
heavy
-none
HQ
fully kitted wolf guard battle leader with 2 wolf claws
runepriest

This army should be in the 1k area and is made basically of just what i have which is a box of space wolves and AOBR. I have been reading over the codex and the rulebook and cannot really decide if i should get some rhinos and a land crusader, the main hesitation is the cost verses how many marines i can get for the same price. Anyways thanks for spending your time reading this and if you have any advice that would be good for me to know in my first game please tell.

havokas
22-11-2009, 07:23
space wolf terminators cant deepstrike like normal terminators, the dreadnought with just a lascannon would go fine sitting back and sniping enemy tanks. i think you should have some melta-weapons on the grey hunters and definatly think about long fangs as your first heavy support option.

witchking
22-11-2009, 07:39
Is deepstriking that much of a issue? Assuming a normal objective game or whatever i should be at them by like turn 2 right? the dread will have a CCW to of course, even though two lascannons or maybe a plasma cannon would be awesome.

Lord Solar Plexus
22-11-2009, 08:58
Isn't this a tactics or list question? I suggest you pose it in the 5th edition Space Wolves Tactica to get some more feedback. In fact, Battle-Brother Wags and I have pondered this very same question currently.

witchking
22-11-2009, 09:02
Alrighty. Sorry for the wrong area wasn't sure if it was a tactic thing or not.

havokas
23-11-2009, 08:13
dreads cant take two lascannons mate just a twin linked one. and the deepstriking thing is because a unit that dosent have ranged weapons will be shot to bits as it walks across the field.