PDA

View Full Version : assault on black reach

RED9335
22-11-2009, 13:19
can the assault on black reach space marine models make decent space wolves? has anyone else tried this?

Goat of Yuggoth
22-11-2009, 13:28
Basically they're the vanilla of vanilla marines, no sculpted chapter insignia at all. You could spice them up with some details of the Wuff boxes, though. They're meant to be any Marine you can think of.

ImhotepMagi
22-11-2009, 15:21
They do, however, have sculpted tactical symbols, but those aren't hard to get off. They will, however, look rather bland and non-wolfy unless you do some major converting.

Inquisitor_Tolheim
22-11-2009, 15:25
They do, however, have sculpted tactical symbols, but those aren't hard to get off. They will, however, look rather bland and non-wolfy unless you do some major converting.

I find the most cost effective way to get decent looking Wolfguard (or Deathguard for that matter) terminators at a discount is to pick up one box of chapter specific terminators from GW and a cheap set of AoBR terminators, and to mix and match parts between the two. Even though the AoBR terminators are snapfits, their poses make simple arm/leg swaps relatively trivial, and with just a bit of work you can have ten relatively unique looking terminators for only slightly more then the price of five. Throw in some Forgeworld terminator shoulderpads if you really want to spruce them up, although at that point you're kind of defeating the point of getting five of them cheap.

marv335
22-11-2009, 15:27
The AoBR marines are good for bulking out squads.
add a few wolfy details from your bits box and you'll be fine.

Drakon
23-11-2009, 05:40
I brought one box of wolf gaurd and managed to make 16 wolfgarud termies from it. Thats cause I brought a box of AoBR from a site which sold as double marines and no orks. and with all the extras you get in teh wolfgaurd box its possible to make a tonne of termies for cheap.