PDA

View Full Version : Finding Gaming Clubs

Ph4lanx
22-11-2009, 15:46
Hey guys,

Quick question for you. Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, I couldn't find a more pertinent one.

I'm a 40k and Apocalypse player, and while I do attend my local GW store on Thursday nights for Veteran's Night (18+ Only), it's a bit of a trek for me and involves paying to park and it's about half an hour away.

I was looking for closer gaming clubs, but found an odd problem. I can't find a resource to locate them.

I did try the club finder on Games Workshop's site, but it refuses to work most of the time, and the data it does show has been out of date the last 3 times I have tried.

Is there anywhere I can find gaming club details on a site somewhere to find local clubs?

Thanks!

the1stpip
22-11-2009, 17:23
www.gcnm.org.uk

The club finder on there will find you a GCN club (there is over 100 in the UK), although only 3/4 of those are registered on the club finder.

mafty
22-11-2009, 17:41
www.gcnm.org.uk

The club finder on there will find you a GCN club (there is over 100 in the UK), although only 3/4 of those are registered on the club finder.

does anything like this exist for canada?

Chem-Dog
22-11-2009, 18:13
GCN seems to be in the process of re-evaluating it's membership at the moment so you might find many clubs are missing temporarily, unfortunately, this means you won't find them in WD either.

My best advice is to ring the GW store closest to you and ask them what clubs are nearby.
Failing that, start your own club.

marv335
22-11-2009, 18:26
Look in your local library for posters, Also games shops tend to know.
And if you don't have one, start one.

mafty
22-11-2009, 18:57
Look in your local library for posters, Also games shops tend to know.
And if you don't have one, start one.

theres no local stores around me lol, the closest store is 30 minutes away (its a GW), the closest non-GW store is about an hour.

Dead Man Walking
23-11-2009, 03:38
It kind of helps to know what area you live in, if your in Atlanta area I can suggest a few.

mafty
23-11-2009, 04:13
It kind of helps to know what area you live in, if your in Atlanta area I can suggest a few.

if your referring to me I said above I live in Canada, more specifically the GTA.