PDA

View Full Version : orcs and goblins (mostly goblins) 2000 pts list

duffybear1988
22-11-2009, 18:23
LORDS
1 Goblin Warboss, gigantic spider, amulet of protectyness, martog’s best basha, bigged’s kickin’ boots = 175 pts.

HEROES
1 Night Goblin Shaman, staff of sneaky stealin, level 2 = 135 pts.

1 Night Goblin Shaman, dispel scroll, nibblas ‘itty ring, level 2 = 130 pts.

1 Night Goblin Big Boss, enchanted shield, light armour, wallopa’s one hit wunda = 62 pts.

CORE
25 Night Goblins, full command, nets, spears, 2 fanatics = 205 pts.

25 Night Goblins, full command, spears, 3 fanatics = 195 pts.

25 Night Goblins, full command, spears, 3 fanatics = 195 pts.

21 Night Goblins, short bows = 63 pts.

10 Forest Goblin Spider Riders, full command = 160 pts.

SPECIAL
5 Night Goblin Squig Herd Teams (10 night goblins, 15 squigs) = 150 pts.

7 Night Goblin Squig Hoppers = 105 pts.

2 Goblin Spear Chukkas = 70 pts.

1 Goblin Rock Lobber = 70 pts.

RARE
2 Snotling Pump Wagons = 80 pts.

1 Giant = 205 pts.

TOTAL = 2000 points.

anyone else think this would work. I used to run orcs AND goblins, but gobbos are just to much fun, and orcs kinda look boring. Anyway do you guys and dolls think that the squig herd is too big? im not sure really as I originally had it smaller and it lacked the punch of a larger unit. Also how do you rate squig hoppers? I have never used them before and reeally want to know.

jthdotcom
22-11-2009, 22:10
Squig hoppers are AWESOME

nsok
25-11-2009, 03:41
Well, i hate the randomness of the pump wagons to be honest. It just ruins your plans not be able to reliably have them do anything at all.

Also, the group of forest riders are a bit big. Try 2 groups of 5, and dont give them full command. A banner is an easy 100VPs to an enemy, and spider riders should only be charging enemies in the flank if at all. Give musicians only to the fast cavs and use the points on other stuff.

For the blocks of night gobbos, dont use bosses in them unless they are protecting your characters.

Also, you might want to consider rearranging the wargear on the gobbo big boss and try to make him a BSB for your blocks. Who knows, being gobbos they might need it. You could also give him the banner that lets goblins re-roll panic checks, but thatll make him a big target for your enemy.

And also, although its super cool to have a goblin warboss on a huge spider, keep in mind that the night gobbo blocks have ld 5 (!!) so he needs to be by them. Since the spider is not a large target, he can fit into your blocks and will be relatively safe from fire. Put him in the middle block, maybe adjusting the numbers on all 4 blocks because of the extra how many models the spider displaces (im not sure how many it is)

Also, ive heard of a pretty dirty trick that involves buying the cheapest gobbo boss and giving him the banner that makes the unit have poisoned attacks and sticking him with the archer unit and go monster hunting with them. (when a unit fires at a large target all ranks can shoot at it)

Final thing, if you do what I said you should save yourself a few points, get nets on all the melee groups as well, it kicks ass taking 1 str off your enemies.

My final point, use the 2x5 spider riders to protect the flanks as best you can, and fire the spear chukkas at the nastiest thing the opponent has as much as you can

Seabo
25-11-2009, 04:20
Like hoppers way better then the herds...of course I love random crazyness.
As far as everything else? Yeah wha nsok said :D

Dudeguy1235
25-11-2009, 05:23
That list looks AWESOME!! Would defiantly be fun to play. You may have trouble against heavy armor and high toughness. Hopefully you have fun playing this list.