PDA

View Full Version : 2kish DoC for fun/game weekend at diff store

Shamutanti
22-11-2009, 21:18
Going down to Portsmouth/Southampton this weekend with a mate and hoping to grab some fantasy games at the local GW stores. Normally I run a 2000point full Slaanesh force but I've decided to dabble with some of my other miniatures for a change - essentially trying to go towards a horde-ish list for demons.

I've got in my collection currently 48 Demonettes, 21 Bloodletters, 3 Bloodcrushers/mounted Heralds o' Khorne, 1 Herald of Khorne on foot, 2 Heralds of Slaanesh, 10 Horrors (no std/mus), 5 Flamers, 6 Screamers, 1 Herald of Tzeentch, 1 Beast of Nurgle, 11 Seekers, a Demon Princess, the Masque and 3 Fiends.

A... varied collection of stuff really. Now currently I was thinking something along the lines of the included list below but I'm really scouting for some interesting twists and so I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions, tweaks, etc.

The list currently DOES go over 2000points (and I don't plan on breaking the rules for that, so it will be dropped before I go anyway, but it's sort of what I wanted to include and looking for advice on what to drop n' change)

I'm looking to make a different, semi-competitive (for a shop anyway) list that provides challenge, to both myself and my opponent, without seeming a bit of a goon xD

---

Herald of Khorne, Firestorm Blade, Armour of Khorne, Juggernaught [195]
Sits in ~
17 Bloodletters, Standard, Champion, Endless War banner [253]

Herald of Slaanesh, Siren Song, Army Battle Standard, Great Standard of Sundering [190]
Sits in ~
31 Demonettes, Standard, Champion [396]

Herald of Tzeentch, Flames of Tzeentch, Spell Breaker [165]
Sits in ~
10 Horrors, [120]

3 Fiends [165]

5 Flamers [175]

6 Screamers [180]

[2034]

- - -

That's the 4th tweaked list of 4 I bashed out, although something inside makes me want to field all 48 Demonettes in one unit >_>

So... thoughts, advice, random ponderings on what might look/play cool?

osickx
25-11-2009, 22:29
It wouldnt do very well against my high elves...

:@)

Shamutanti
25-11-2009, 22:41
Gooner :p

Pretty sure I know what I need ta do now tho. with the list.

Won't be so nice to you next time =p

Like telling you what to charge, when to charge it, what to dispel, not what to dispel, etc. :P

Shamutanti
26-11-2009, 00:31
Adjustment to the list

Herald o' Khorne: Armour, Firestorm [130] sits in bloodletters
Herald o' Slaanesh: Army Battle Banner, Siren Song, Banner of Sunder [190] sits in large demonette unit
Herald o' Tzeentch: Disc, Spellbreaker, Flames [185]
23 Bloodletters: Chmp/Std, Endless War [325]
27 Demonettes: Chmp/Std [348]
10 Demonettes: [120]
5 Flamers: [175]
5 Screamers: [150]
3 Bloodcrushers: Chmp/Std, Endless War [375]

And for 2250 games

HoK: Juggernaught, Firestorm, Armour 190 sits in bloodcrusher unit
+5 Demonettes 60

Jind_Singh
26-11-2009, 00:36
I've got in my collection currently 48 Demonettes, 21 Bloodletters, 3 Bloodcrushers/mounted Heralds o' Khorne, 1 Herald of Khorne on foot, 2 Heralds of Slaanesh, 10 Horrors (no std/mus), 5 Flamers, 6 Screamers, 1 Herald of Tzeentch, 1 Beast of Nurgle, 11 Seekers, a Demon Princess, the Masque and 3 Fiends.

Sits in ~
17 Bloodletters, Standard, Champion, Endless War banner [253]

Herald of Slaanesh, Siren Song, Army Battle Standard, Great Standard of Sundering [190]
Sits in ~
31 Demonettes, Standard, Champion [396]

Herald of Tzeentch, Flames of Tzeentch, Spell Breaker [165]
Sits in ~
10 Horrors, [120]

3 Fiends [165]

5 Flamers [175]

6 Screamers [180]

[2034]

- - -

That's the 4th tweaked list of 4 I bashed out, although something inside makes me want to field all 48 Demonettes in one unit >_>

So... thoughts, advice, random ponderings on what might look/play cool?

If your looking for a challenge then load up on seekers, 3 bloodcrushers, 3 fiends, 6-7 seekers with a herald, 6 screamers.
For your core take heralds of slaanesh, leave the siren song at home and give them many armed monstrosity, or etherblade,and level 1 upgrade in massive units of deamonettes - dont take siren standard!
Add herald of Khorne on foot in massive unit of bloodletters, take 10 horrors and done! No idea how many points we just spent!!!
But idea is to minimize your magic phase, drop all the crap that makes our DoC so powerful, and have so many units on the table people get dizzy!!!
Even a toned down, zero option upgrade list will put many people to shame - and you did say your looking for a challenge?
In that case I throw down the challenge to take as little daemonic upgrades/icons as possible to see if a raw army can cut the mustard!
And no specials characters either!
DO IT! Basic heralds (though they can have mounts and magic level upgrades), 3 Bloodcrushers (not mounted heralds), 3 fiends, Seekers, Screamers, and so forth.
Command options are viable - but no icon upgrades.
Are you up for the challenge????

Shamutanti
26-11-2009, 01:24
HAha, I love it. Hmm... I never really thought of just going full out horde and seeing how it flows.

Lemme hit the calc and see what I can come up with.

Jind_Singh
26-11-2009, 08:38
Do it!!!
:D

osickx
26-11-2009, 17:25
pity you didnt tell me how to lose as well.

:@)

Also, the full horde sound unusual enought to be really fun

Ghost Warrior
26-11-2009, 18:29
Ahhh, a daemon list that doesn't include horrors, a long time since I saw one
Hmm, I'll get my book and have a look, but at first glance, good, but I'd take two units of 6 Flamers, cause they are well hard