PDA

View Full Version : For the Glory of THE EMPIRE!

zeekill
23-11-2009, 02:14
So I'm starting Empire and want to see what else I can fit into this list I have been building for 2000 points. Keep the suggestions nice, as I want to keep this list at least fairly friendly instead of hardcore to receive a good composition score in tournaments I might be in in the future.

Without further ado, here is my list

Lords

Arch Lector + Van Horstmann's Spectulum + Armor of Meteoric Iron + Sword of Sigismund + War Altar= 320

Heroes

Battle Wizard + Lvl 2 + Barded Warhorse + Wizard's Staff + Sigil of Sigmar + Dispel Scroll= 164

Battle Wizard + Lvl 2 + Barded Warhorse + Rod of Power + Power Stone= 164

Core

Swordsmen + Full Command x25= 175

Handgunners + Music + Champ + Hockland Long Rifle x10= 113

Handgunners + Music + Champ + Hockland Long Rifle x10= 113

Knightly Orders + Musician x5= 123

Knightly Orders + Musician x5 =123

Special

Empire Great Cannon x1= 100

Empire Great Cannon x1= 100

Outriders + Music + Champ + Hockland Long Rifle x5= 134

Outriders + Music + Champ + Hockland Long Rifle x5= 134
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
TOTAL: 1763

So what can I do to finish up this list? Especially: Should I take a rare choice or two or another core block, or maybe an engineer or a Captain on a Pegasus?

Is there any area I am lacking in? I think I covered most areas: 6 Dispel Dice plus the Rod, Cannons to take out monsters, lots of shooting, a core block to hold something up while I prepare to hit it in the flank, outriders for redirecting after I'm done shooting with them, etc.

Is my list cheezy so far or is it ok? I'm a bit worried people might complain about my Hocklands, but Im also afraid that without 4 I will not do enough damage every turn. The point of using them is to take out enemy wizards and scary close combat characters so I will have an easier time later on.

Is an Arch Lector on an Alter and 2 Lvl 2's good for magic? Im a bit worried that with only the 2 Lvl 2's I dont have a good chance of getting the spells I need from my selected lore(s).

And any other advice you can give. Thanks!!! :D

PS. An unrelated question, can you use the reroll hits and wound Warrior Priest Prayer on a Hellblazer volley gun if an Engineer is with it? (You cast it on the engineer) Nothing says you cant so I think its viable.

Buddha777
23-11-2009, 02:36
Couple thoughts:

- You can really get away with just a GW on the arch lector if you need to free some points becuase you have the speculum.

- Drop the musicians on the handgunners.

- Not a fan of battle wizards in general so I won't comment.

- No detachments is silly. Empire units without detachments are just sub-par and over priced rank and file. I prefer a 9 man unit of swordsman detachment personally.

- Just a general problem with your list. You seem to like calvary and shooting, well focus on that then. Keep your core limited to handgunners/archers and knights. Currently the swordsman are out of place. They are a line holder with no line to hold. So either increase the number of CC infantry or drop them.

Armond
23-11-2009, 02:49
I would say jump from 5 to 6 on the Knights.

KayazyAssassin
23-11-2009, 05:09
i understand the horses with the battle wizards but really they could do the same job sitting with the handgunners.
for your third hero if you were going to take one i would just take either another lvl2 wizard or an enginner.
also i dont think the reroll prayer works for the helblaster because the helblaster is the one hitting and wounding but i know it does work on the hochlands
a helblaster would be a good idea and an engineer would help it hit better although if it misfires you cant reroll it as with the great cannon and mortar

ArchHeretic
23-11-2009, 18:29
I'd just have lvl 1 wizards, no horses. They die very easily, and I take it you want to end up using your items. Also, Empire magic isn't the greatest. Most of the games I have played, the Empire magic is generally defensive unless you really go all out.

I agree with buddha.

Hochlands on handgunners are not actually that damaging at all. Only outriders have the BS to kill stuff. Hochlands on handgunners are there for psychological effect. Your opponent may do silly things when they see them.

zeekill
24-11-2009, 21:32
If I change it and only put in calvary wouldnt that put me in a disadvantage because of not having any static combat resolution units?